Finding Remedy Herbs 04/19/2019 02:38 PM CDT
So i've been looking for all the healing herbs around The Crossing, and wanted to get some help with Qun Pollen and Dioica Sap. They both appear to be in the same area, and can only guarantee they are in Muspari (desert area). According to recall herb, they should be found in ice caps or steppes (along with deserts), but i cannot seem to find them anywhere.

I went to the obsidian pass area, south of leth, to the top of the mountains, and still could not find it. Even the area called Tranquil Tundra, or near it where the snow beasts roam. I tried a few mountainous areas that i could think of, but does anyone know of other ice caps or steppes to try? I'm looking for closest to The Crossing, since Muspari is probably the furthest away.
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/20/2019 01:15 AM CDT
The dioica Is in Rossmans, where the baby Gryphons are. Qun was not here.

forage dio sap
You move forward slightly, hoping to find a better foraging spot.
You manage to find some dioica sap.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
>l
>
[Gryphon Eyrie, Rookery]
Phosphorescent algae cast a dim light over this cavern. Part of a larger nest, the walls and floor have been painstakingly insulated with a layer of branches and leaves. Near the back of the cavern lay a large number of eggs, waiting to hatch. The eggs are protected from intruders by a wide chasm that runs through the center of the cavern.
Obvious exits: northwest, out.
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/21/2019 03:57 AM CDT
Nice, that's very helpful. It's strange, since both Qun Pollen and Dioica Sap both say they are found in the same areas. i'm hoping they weren't overlooked, since they seem to be so hard to find.
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/21/2019 08:53 AM CDT

I grab my dioica at the blade spiders spot in the undergondola near Shard. It doesn't seem that qun pollen is available there.

[Undergondola, Twisting Grotto]
Old bones lie in haphazard piles along the cavern floor. In one far corner, a weathered and eyeless skull peers out from beneath the hood of a tattered grey cloak, its bony mouth agape in silent laughter at your courage. Cold drafts creep along the floor, seeking out every gap in clothing or armor with a bone-chilling touch.
You also see a large opening draped with glistening strands of silk.
Obvious exits: south.

Hawkishly you spot your target and begin to forage.
You manage to find some dioica sap.

> forage qun pollen
You forage around and believe you would probably have better luck trying to find a dragon's egg than what you were looking for.

Jalika
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/22/2019 12:15 PM CDT
Honestly, it would be nice if there was a simple 'ur healing' herb. Require a bit of foraging and alchemy to find and prepare it, but having to tote around a literal apothecary cabinet of useless crap means it's far, far, more efficient to stop and heal or simply die than it is to waste time with healing items.

Doubly so because of the difficulty of finding and preparing the stupid things - if you could forage everything everywhere everywhen it would be one thing, but using a real-life analog of 'only certain places/times/etc.' stinks.

Triply so because the stupid NPC system won't heal herb wounds. Why. Why is that a thing? Who hurt you.
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/22/2019 01:13 PM CDT

Seconding this. Make an alchemy bag for external wounds and another for internal wounds. Put in at least one part of each finished herb, let someone give it a shake, and have it output a product of a "heal all" herb for external and internal wounds respectively. Give it a daily cooldown, limit it to a maximum of 5 parts per day, and suddenly alchemists have a desired consumable they can share and sell.
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/24/2019 05:04 PM CDT
A couple more locations to find it that weren't mentioned above can be found here:
https://www.olwydd.org/herbs/forage.php?showherb=dioica%20sap

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/24/2019 09:09 PM CDT
I forget about that database sometimes, but the main issue seems to be finding Qun Pollen then. I can only get it in the desert around Muspari/oasis. it just seems weird the recall says same areas as Dioica sap, but can only be found in the desert.
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/25/2019 03:41 AM CDT
<<I forget about that database sometimes, but the main issue seems to be finding Qun Pollen then. I can only get it in the desert around Muspari/oasis. it just seems weird the recall says same areas as Dioica sap, but can only be found in the desert.

It's possible there's other environmental factors that are needed for it. General biome is one thing but I'm pretty sure there's other room stats like sub-biome, elevation, water and stuff that might factor in. The recall could also just be wrong since it's just a sentence that gets spat back out and isn't actually cross referencing a database of herb locations. It's also possible the qun pollen has some setting wrong that's preventing it from being foraged correctly in those regions.
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/25/2019 12:07 PM CDT
I've heard, not sure if it's true or not, that what moon is out may factor in too.

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/autumn
Re: Finding Remedy Herbs 04/25/2019 05:24 PM CDT
That was only for some woods like bloodwood which needed yavash or something if i remember right. I don't think thats a thing anymore with lumberjacking now though.