tea brewing question 10/01/2018 07:33 PM CDT
So first a suggestion for the moderator of this folder; maybe we could have a "legacy system" folder for things like tea brewing, candle making, etc? Since they kinda are still alchemy related, using the same tools and such, but aren't (yet?) converted into the current system.

Ok, so I've been working my way through documenting the tea & coffee brewing system (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Brewing), someone did a bunch of work making a bunch of great combinations!

So far, lots of 2 ingredient recipes (ie. ground coffee+water, dried tea+honey, etc.), but I've also seen mention of using some of the Cleric herbs (sage, lavender, chamomile) along with dried tea and a liquid (water, honey or juice) to make teas as well.

My question is, are those 3 ingredient teas active? Do they not need the 3 and I'm just missing something? Maybe it's a Cleric thing to make?

Anyhow, I figured I'd check in with the community here instead of continuing to scowl at the computer screen each time I get a fail message when I try to mix!

Also, if anyone notices a tea or coffee still missing, please let me know or update the epedia or add a note on the Discussion tab.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: tea brewing question 10/02/2018 07:24 AM CDT
>>Ok, so I've been working my way through documenting the tea & coffee brewing system (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Brewing), someone did a bunch of work making a bunch of great combinations!<<

I too have been working my way through this and have had some fun doing it. I was not aware of this page so many thanks for that. Do not mean to derail this but I have had trouble getting cherry, strawberry and gooseberry juices maybe it is seasonal?

I have been able to make tea/coffee from all the juices I have been able to find.

Still experimenting with other mix ins but these pages will be a huge help.

No success myself with more then two ingredients. Yet I was only really working on this here and there. Like I said only up to the ones that make juices.

The pulps I had not tried yet.

Also love your work on the herb maps use them a lot.

Lilustra
Re: tea brewing question 10/02/2018 03:52 PM CDT
Lilustra,

On the 3 fruits, you should be able to find them now (autumn IG), but once winter rolls around they'll be gone. What actually got me working on Brewing documentation is as I was going through the Foraging compendium (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Foraging_compendium) to try and clean that up and got sidetracked with the teas and coffees...heh. There are some notes on there about seasonal items that might be helpful.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: tea brewing question 10/02/2018 03:54 PM CDT
Hey GMs???

Any chance we could sometime make chicory coffee?? And Dandelion tea &/or coffee?

Thank you
Re: tea brewing question 10/03/2018 01:34 PM CDT
>So first a suggestion for the moderator of this folder; maybe we could have a "legacy system" folder for things like tea brewing, candle making, etc? Since they kinda are still alchemy related, using the same tools and such, but aren't (yet?) converted into the current system.

That's not a bad idea. I'll look into getting one set up.

Aneka
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Aneka@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Helje at DR-Helje@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.