Remedy clutter 09/08/2018 10:20 AM CDT
Had an idea brought to me a little while ago if the devs want to kick it around some too. Boiling down the wound remedies so you have remedies that heal groups similar to how limb ungents work. You could boil down chest/back/abdo or eye/neck/head so they heal the group of area for wounds.
Thought on process would be:
-Make equal amount of all proper location wound rememdy.
-put in a cauldron
-boil in water/alcohol
-Have a 20%-80% success rate based on skill. If failed you get a brown liquid or burned pulp

This would cut down on the volume of remedies kept on hand. Im mostly keep bringing this thought up because after some pondering i came up with combat kit ideas and that worked but i keep getting the odd requests for other parts occasionally and i think by doing this it will allow for a smoother transistion to higher levels of alchemy since it kinda ends once you hit Belradi elixir (general body scar).

I know they are busy making other changes but its just a thought they can toss in later. Or at least an idea to kick around.

May your pockets always be full and wrists chainless
Re: Remedy clutter 09/08/2018 10:29 AM CDT
If there was a cebi/hissan equivalent for full body fresh wound healing, I might actually stop using store bought herbs. Even the head/neck/eyes/nerves/skin/chest/abdomen/back combo would be an improvement since jadice/yelith exists. I'd seek out and carry 6 herbs to heal everything from shattered.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Remedy clutter 09/30/2018 10:07 AM CDT
Thats kinda what i was thinking of since you have belradi elix and dio sap wich heal scars on limbs/tail/back/chest/abdo. Would be nice to have wound versions of that as well as the head version of scars so we can heal eye/head/neck wounds. Thought that the boiling would add an extra element and still make it to where you had to get all the other remedies to create them and gamble a lil to see if it actually works. Would make it to where i can expand my remedy combat kit sale options as well.

May your pockets always be full and wrists chainless
Re: Remedy clutter 02/22/2019 10:38 AM CST
So by equal location remedy your saying to match what the scar remedies do? (Jadice ungent, Dioica poultice, Plovik ungent for external and such. Then when you boil then down, if they are put in sets of 5's for arguments sake, they would make how many then? If it made just 1 i dont see a point but even if it was 5 that seems like a great deal of overkill work just to try get a nice remedy. While i never tried to make alchemy on your scale (which if what im hearing is correct, its absolutly insane) it doesnt seem like i would even bother to try unless it was maybe the total of what you put in and thats not even taking into account the 20% success rate you suggested before. I like the idea but it just seems a little too much in short.
Re: Remedy clutter 10/04/2019 12:26 PM CDT
I think it would be fair if you put in 5 jadice, plovik, Nilos, Hulnik ungent at 5 each you'd get back 20 total Not even i would really want to go after it is all you got was 1, but even if it was half of what you put in id think it was a fair trade. Im not saying that the 20% success is a must but something that you could have tech to boost chances of success, after all it would be a difficult task to accomplish. This is just to make carrying around remedies a lil easier overall, it would drop you from 22 to 12 and with that i think the risk would be well worth it and plus we'd get more alchemists to boot since it actually has a nice reasonable end of the line item like when a forge master can make glaes armor or whatever. I dont see any other alchemist really peddling their goods at all unless someone pitches a request, not a bad thing but just saying.

Is it really that bad of an idea though when you look at it in the long run?
Re: Remedy clutter 10/04/2019 01:41 PM CDT

Honestly, this should be a feat or skill or something that lets you combine one of all external wound remedies to make a single use full-body external remedy. For simplicity average out the quality or just make it take on the lowest quality of all the reagents. It would make alchemy immensely more useful.