Repairing Mortars 06/06/2017 01:27 AM CDT
The blacksmithing technique doesn't work, and says "POUR aerated salts into empty mortar..." However, it will not let me pour aerated salts into the mortar (bought from the forging society)... how do you repair mortars yourself? Or is giving them to the repairman the only valid way now?

Re: Repairing Mortars 06/06/2017 01:33 AM CDT
Aerated salts are for crucibles not mortars.

Try brushing with a brush then pouring oil over it. I think stone items use metal repair right now.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Repairing Mortars 06/06/2017 04:08 AM CDT
That's what I meant by "blacksmithing technique"... the brush/oil method does not seem to work either.
Re: Repairing Mortars 06/15/2017 05:27 PM CDT
Might need to assist on your mortar.

> craft blacksmith
From the blacksmithing crafting discipline you have been trained in Basic Metal Smelting, Proficient Metal Refining, Expert Metal Reclamation, Master Metallurgy, Basic Tool Repair, Advanced Tool Repair, Utility Forging, Decorative Forging, Maker Mark Design, and Proper Forging Tool Care.

> get my mortar
You get a howlite mortar edged in dark green tursa from inside your sundries basket.

> get my brush
You get an iron wire brush from inside your sundries basket.

> rub my mortar with my brush
The howlite mortar is not damaged enough to warrant repair.

> put my mortar in my basket
You put your mortar in your sundries basket.

> get my pestle from my basket
You get a darkstone pestle bearing pristine white spiritgem inlay from inside your sundries basket.

> rub my pestle with my brush
Gently you begin rubbing the wire brush along the surface of the darkstone pestle.
Swipe after swipe removes substantial amounts of grime and debris from the pestle. Using steady strokes you bring the material's surface to a smooth finish.
Roundtime: 14 sec.
Re: Repairing Mortars 06/15/2017 07:06 PM CDT

Ah ha!

I've been using the CLEAN verb to repair tools... not RUB. RUB seems to be working, thank you!
Re: Repairing Mortars 06/15/2017 07:23 PM CDT
>I've been using the CLEAN verb to repair tools... not RUB. RUB seems to be working, thank you!

Clean, rub and scrape are interchangeable commands for repairing items with wire brushes if in the future you have any similar issues.