Poison Tincture Confusion 07/12/2016 02:19 AM CDT
You carefully shake the contents of your tincture jar, fairly sure that it probably wasn't necessary.
>open my jar
You open your tincture jar.
>look in my jar
>In the tincture jar you see some grain alcohol and some moruryn powder.
>count my alc
There are four parts left of the grain alcohol.
>count my powd
There is only one part left of the moruryn powder.
>

What am I doing wrong here? I PUT the poison powder in the jar, POURED the alcohol in the jar, closed it. WAITED 10 minutes, shook it and got the "You carefully shake the contents of your tincture jar" message. WAITED 10 minutes, shook, WAITED another 10 minutes, shook and got the final message, then opened the jar but no tincture.

I even tried again and waited another extra 10 minutes with one extra shake, but no dice.
Re: Poison Tincture Confusion 07/12/2016 12:22 PM CDT

Pretty sure new alchemy (remedies) broke poison creation. No idea when reactants (poisons/naphtha/potential disease and debuffing) is slated for release.
Re: Poison Tincture Confusion 07/17/2016 12:45 PM CDT
I haven't had any issues with creating tinctures recently, at least with vipers.

>You carefully open the tincture jar, pulling up the built-in strainer to dump out the used viper sac powder.

>There are twenty parts left of the viper sac tincture.

I am --- Navak
Re: Poison Tincture Confusion 07/17/2016 01:05 PM CDT

What about creating snake oil?
Re: Poison Tincture Confusion 07/17/2016 02:33 PM CDT
>What about creating snake oil?

~2.5 hours ago
You mix the contents of the glass beaker, combining them to create some snake oil.

~1 hour ago
You mix the contents of the glass beaker, combining them to create some viper sac oil.

I am --- Navak
Re: Poison Tincture Confusion 07/17/2016 08:41 PM CDT

Awesome. I had tried once a while back, and thought I was unable to crush the catalyst for the oil. Good to know.
Re: Poison Tincture Confusion 07/18/2016 08:40 PM CDT

Thanks, I'll try with dolomar stingers instead and if that don't work, viper sacs. I can make the snake oil but the tinctures I'm having trouble with.
Re: Poison Tincture Confusion 07/18/2016 11:29 PM CDT
I forget how I got around this issue when I first ran in to it.

However, the tincture jar usage should immediately create a tincture when you open it (timing is irrelevant for whether or not it comes out as a tincture), if it doesn't, something isn't working correctly.

Have you tried just using put instead of pour for the alcohol?

May also want to just get a new tincture jar.

I am --- Navak