alchemy stacking bug 06/04/2016 05:10 PM CDT
I have noticed when combining herb pots all the pots in the stack change from higher quality to well-crafted from whatever they were before. When you split them off from the stack of pots they are all well-crafted no matter what they were before. Anyone else notice this?
Re: alchemy stacking bug 06/04/2016 05:13 PM CDT

I have noticed this with stacks of over 40.
Re: alchemy stacking bug 06/04/2016 05:15 PM CDT
Stacks should always average their contributed herbs (like smelting), and once averaged the original data is gone.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: alchemy stacking bug 06/04/2016 05:49 PM CDT

Hmm since most of the pots were finely-crafted or higher and there were only a few well-crafted (there could only have been a few in a stack of 40+) it is my guess that it doesn't average but just goes to the value of the lowest quality of the pots.
Re: alchemy stacking bug 06/04/2016 07:46 PM CDT
>>it is my guess that it doesn't average but just goes to the value of the lowest quality of the pots.

Unless something changed, it definitely averages, just like all combining. You can even craft remedies using catalyst A and remedies using catalyst B to get more control over the toxicity and etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: alchemy stacking bug 06/04/2016 08:50 PM CDT
>Hmm since most of the pots were finely-crafted or higher and there were only a few well-crafted (there could only have been a few in a stack of 40+) it

Don't forget that 1) quality descriptors are ranges (and Well-crafted is a huge 10-point range), and that Dragonrealms uses floating point mathematics!

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: alchemy stacking bug 06/04/2016 10:26 PM CDT

...Writes down some notes...