alchemy techs and rangers 06/03/2016 02:48 PM CDT
For the tech remedial herb gathering: "The ability to forage restorative herbs with precision is granted with this technique. All herb preparation times are also improved."
As a ranger I have the precision skill when foraging herbs already, so I don't think this will improve the quality of the herbs I forage up but does it decrease the preparation times sufficiently or perhaps offer another advantage?
Re: alchemy techs and rangers 06/03/2016 05:04 PM CDT

I find it kinda strange that the survival skill perks are given out based on lore skill placement. In a perfect world there would be points to spend for survival, weapons and armor kinda like there is for magic and lore now.

Also, this tech doesn't give anyone forage precise at the moment so you aren't missing out.
Re: alchemy techs and rangers 06/03/2016 05:13 PM CDT
>>I find it kinda strange that the survival skill perks are given out based on lore skill placement.

This could also be said for weapon skill perks WRT making weapons, armor skill perks WRT making armor, and magic skill perks when enchanting comes out.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: alchemy techs and rangers 06/03/2016 05:32 PM CDT
As a survival prime lol at anyone getting territorial over foraging feats. Like we don't all spam collect rock all day. (Or mine if you're into that)

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: alchemy techs and rangers 06/04/2016 10:31 AM CDT

So Threep successfully trolled the topic aside but I am still left with my questions. Any other advantages or is this tech just a waste for rangers? Thanks
Re: alchemy techs and rangers 06/04/2016 11:13 AM CDT

It decreases time to prep if you're preparing your own herbs. Currently that's all it does. The difference is noticeable. If that is worth a tech slot is totally up to you.

Being a ranger has nothing to do with it. Everyone gets the same thing from the tech. No one gains any different types of foraging from it.
Re: alchemy techs and rangers 06/04/2016 03:21 PM CDT

Thanks for your thoughts on it.