Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/03/2016 11:39 PM CST

I'm forseeing some sort of grand event with a sort of ball and we're all rp'ing our dandiest, and someone brings out wonderfully made.. iunno, elf cake, and we all eat it.... but one of us dies. Was the cake poisoned? Was it just the slice? Why that person? MURDER MYSTERY NIGHTS! Can't wait for them. :D (among other possibilities)

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/04/2016 06:37 AM CST
>https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Huldah%27s_surprise_cake

So, kind of exist already.
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/04/2016 07:39 AM CST
Pretty sure we were directly told in the past that we won't be able to poison food [for other players to eat] since nothing good would come of it and it would become a policy headache.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/04/2016 01:44 PM CST

Thats the joy of it though; what they say might not be what happens! The future is a mystery! MYSTERY MURDER NIGHTS! I could easily see poisoned food being allowed. Someone gets highway robbed, they want their revenge, consent hoooo , murder pie, offer it as a peace offering. Yes.. eternal peace.. ;D

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/04/2016 03:18 PM CST
>>I could easily see poisoned food being allowed.

I would be shocked if poisoned food [that players could eat] is allowed on a strictly policy-based level.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/04/2016 10:47 PM CST

I'd just imagine they'd need consent like Snipe does. (Warning, at this party you may die, you have been warned). Done and done.

Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/05/2016 12:21 AM CST
That's nothing like how snipe works.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/05/2016 01:31 AM CST
>>I'd just imagine they'd need consent like Snipe does. (Warning, at this party you may die, you have been warned). Done and done.

>>That's nothing like how snipe works.

This, and Necro Snipe was specifically designed so it would not have to have policy like Thief/Ranger Snipe does. Snipe is also slated to get changed over to Necro's Snipe mechanics so they can do away with that policy. As it's already been said in this thread, GM's are not creating things that need special consent policy attached to them.

Kodius has already said he's not going to make food poisonous because of the policy that would come with it. Dream all you want about this, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/05/2016 07:02 AM CST
Considering that people can't even roll with getting their gweths smashed without mashing the report button, I wouldn't count on being able to poison food.
Re: Can't wait for cooking and poison in alchemy!!! 03/05/2016 11:05 AM CST
Lol right

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.