Multiple catalysts 03/01/2016 03:53 PM CST
Is it possible to add multiple catalysts to a mixture? If so, when should the second, third, etc ones be added? Does it average the catalyst qualities? What if the same catalyst is added multiple times? Thanks.
Re: Multiple catalysts 03/01/2016 04:24 PM CST
I don't think you can add multiple catalysts into a single remedy. The closest you could get would be to make a remedy with one catalyst, make the same remedy with the other catalyst and then combine the two resulting remedies. It should then average them.
Re: Multiple catalysts 03/01/2016 04:30 PM CST
The design plan was that there will eventually be two types of catalysts: the essential catalysts, which we have now; and optional catalysts, which are not yet implemented. Option catalysts will increases the difficulty of a recipe, but also improve the final product in some way. So if you see mentions of multiple catalysts, it's referring to the future possibility of adding these optional ones.
Re: Multiple catalysts 03/01/2016 07:33 PM CST
>I don't think you can add multiple catalysts into a single remedy. The closest you could get would be to make a remedy with one catalyst, make the same remedy with the other catalyst and then combine the two resulting remedies. It should then average them.

I can confirm it DOES average. I make remedies weighted variously with pewter/niniam/electrum this way. Mostly cuz I have a lot of those materials lying around and might as well put them to use in fun and largely flippant ways. Plus it was kind of fun to tweak with the toxicity and stuff.

By weighted, I mean that if you combine 100 parts of jadice salve with 0 toxicity, and 50 parts of jadice salve with 100 toxicity, you would get 150 parts of jadice salve with 25 toxicity. If you used 100 parts of 0 toxicity and 100 parts of 100 toxicity, you would get 200 parts with 50 toxicity. Errr I hope my math is right there, haven't played around in months, but hopefully you get the gist of it. It's very similar to alloying metals except you have to do it with completed products rather than raw materials.
Re: Multiple catalysts 03/02/2016 03:10 PM CST
Good to know. Thanks for the answers.