Disproportionate creations 02/20/2016 05:41 PM CST

The formula for itch salve (the important ones pertaining to the issue) are 5 parts red flowers and 1 part jadice/limb healing herb. Flowers are sold dried in batches of 25. I can put in 5 parts of the red flower and 1 part jadice, or 25 parts of the flower and 1 parts the jadice, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm assuming ahead of time that only 5 parts per 1 is only supposed to work and that it shouldn't be letting me put in all 25 parts of the flower once i've studied the page.
Re: Disproportionate creations 02/20/2016 05:46 PM CST
No, this is working as intended.
Re: Disproportionate creations 02/20/2016 06:10 PM CST
As the poster ahead of me said it is working as intended but there is a difference in the end result. If you use 5 you make one dose salve. If you use 25 flower instead you make a 5 dose remedy. So same idea you can use 10 flowers and make 2 doses.

Hope this helps.
Re: Disproportionate creations 02/20/2016 06:14 PM CST

It seems like the potency of the creation would go down if there wasn't an equal inclusion of the appropriate herbs as well. I would assume that for every 5 another 1 of the other should be included, for the sake of actual chemistry/alchemy arguements.
Re: Disproportionate creations 02/20/2016 06:16 PM CST
> I would assume that for every 5 another 1 of the other should be included, for the sake of actual chemistry/alchemy arguements.

That would make sense, but there are system limitations preventing it from working that way.
Re: Disproportionate creations 02/20/2016 11:28 PM CST
Just assume you need 1/5th of the second material, and when you're not making larger batches you're wasting it.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Disproportionate creations 02/21/2016 03:23 PM CST
Alternately you could consider it a "catalyst" (yes I know alchemy already has catalysts that work exactly like this). In a chemical reaction the catalyst speeds up a chemical reaction but doesn't participate otherwise. That means that if I wanted to make 1 part instead of 5 the reaction would occur five times as fast.