Remedial Herb Gathering 10/22/2013 01:35 PM CDT
I believe I read somewhere that this technique does not give the forage careful/precise options as those are tied to guild/skill set. So what does this technique do exactly? I have a paladin that is dabbling in alchemy (and enjoying it far more than I thought I would) and am wondering if this technique would benefit him at all.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 07/06/2014 10:39 PM CDT
Hey, I'm curious about this also. Since arrange was pulled from skillsets and given over to knowing techs, can the different forage options do the same? Maybe give everyone careful and give precise to knowing the tech. The survival primes can get lower RT to go along with their prime nature.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 07/06/2014 11:22 PM CDT
<<I believe I read somewhere that this technique does not give the forage careful/precise options as those are tied to guild/skill set.

It's supposed to. It was a design oversight, IIRC. Something to do with the coder not realizing PRECISE was tied to guild I think, so that part didn't get changed. Or something. I think they're aware of it.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 11/05/2014 09:32 PM CST
Has this been addressed yet? foraging careful or precise isn't showing up in my forage options. Arrange all does show up after the respective tech is learned. Just wondering if it's still on the radar to be fixed.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 11/05/2014 10:48 PM CST

<<Has this been addressed yet? foraging careful or precise isn't showing up in my forage options. Arrange all does show up after the respective tech is learned. Just wondering if it's still on the radar to be fixed.>>

I have a guide to alchemy remedies here - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Pfanston%27s_Guide_to_Remedies
This guide explains very clearly why forage precise does not show up for everyone yet even with techs, in the overview. I was unaware that anyone in the lands could not use forage careful. I thought everyone at least had that. Just try forage item careful and see if you can do it on something easy like a rock.

Right now only rangers, empaths, and I think shadow folks can use precise. So everyone else will have to use careful. The technique Remedial Herb Gathering was supposed to grant precise but so far its not really active as at the time of its creation the creator did not know that some folks got precise as a guild perk. So that tech is not yet completed.

The reason its not addressed yet is that they are working on the rest of the crafting system and will have to come back to this to figure out what is going to happen. Do you remove the guild perks to use this for everyone in the crafting system? Or what? You can imagine the outcry the guilds with the perks will have so its not a situation they will take care of quickly. In the meantime I suspect if you cant do forage item careful, you need to assist. I was fairly certain everyone could at least use that.

This also brings up another point. Because many guilds cant use precise it creates a situation where you really need good tools (mortar - which cant be made yet, pestle - get a good forged one), to crush the herbs that must be crushed, and you need a better than normal pyramid (because these cant be made yet). Right now at hallows eve festival they are selling 10 pyramids. All 10 of the pyramids are better than society or store bought pyramids. Eight of the pyramids are priced at 10,824 dokoras and are very good quality. However, the other two go at 902,000 dokoras (90.2 plat) and 180,400 dokoras (18.04 plat). Now why the great cost for these 2? Right now they could hold more than the first 8, I have one of the first 8 from last year and its very good to use drying things. There is something different about these two and I suspect one is even better quality and possibly more capacity. But till someone buys one and shows us all we will have to wait and see. Bottom line, you need to have some better tools if you cant do precise, or you need to get someone who can forage them precise to get them for you. Course with 20 straight days of heavy rain they are not of much use at the moment but looking to the future they should be. Oh the pyramids are found in the shop Skyward Crafting located in the baby spider.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 11/05/2014 11:05 PM CST
>Has this been addressed yet? foraging careful or precise isn't showing up in my forage options. Arrange all does show up after the respective tech is learned. Just wondering if it's still on the radar to be fixed.

This seems like it would be an easy fix. Hopefully someone gets a chance to look at it soon.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 11/06/2014 07:16 AM CST
>Right now only rangers, empaths, and I think shadow folks can use precise.

Thief or Necromancer?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 11/06/2014 07:58 AM CST
Forage precise was a survival primary thing, so my guess would be all 3 survival prime guilds and empaths.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 11/06/2014 12:12 PM CST
Yeah, I believe survival prime + empaths get forage precise, secondaries get forage careful, and terts can only forage.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 05/30/2016 10:51 PM CDT
Necroing an old topic, but still hoping to get a GM to chime in on when/if this tech will be fixed. Will it grant the increased forage abilities? Arrange for skinning was changed to account for the techs, I don't see why this won't as well. I personally want this because pyramids are limited to 7 stacks of an item. If you can only forage a max of 6 per stack, this limits how much can be dried at a time to 42, not even two work orders worth. Someone who can forage precise can dry 70 items at a time, almost three work orders worth. Even with forage careful you get 58, which is over two work orders.

And if the GMs have decided to not allow increased foraging abilities, please remove it from the tech description.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 05/31/2016 10:01 AM CDT
I believe this was dropped because it's a survival primary and secondary perk.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 05/31/2016 12:10 PM CDT
ARRANGE ALL was at one point a survival prime/ranger perk, but was opened up to all via the Leather Tanning Expertise or Basic Bone Collecting techniques.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 05/31/2016 12:48 PM CDT
<<I believe this was dropped because it's a survival primary and secondary perk.

The last I remember a GM saying anything on the matter was that they didn't realize it was a guild perk when writing the techs so it remained locked behind the guild perk even with the tech and that they would look into it. There was never a resolution, or at least not one made that was made public that I can recall.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 05/31/2016 05:51 PM CDT
>>The last I remember a GM saying anything on the matter was that they didn't realize it was a guild perk when writing the techs so it remained locked behind the guild perk even with the tech and that they would look into it. There was never a resolution, or at least not one made that was made public that I can recall.

This is what I am talking about. We have never heard any final say on this. Either add careful/precise to the tech, or remove it from the description.
Re: Remedial Herb Gathering 10/23/2017 09:35 AM CDT
>> >info
>>
>> Name: Witch Doctor Vanishta of Elanthia Race: S'Kra Mur Guild: Cleric
>>
>> >craft remedies
>> From the remedies crafting discipline you have been trained in Remedial Herb Gathering, Curative Specialization, and Remedy Preparation Theory.
>>
>> >forage seolarn weed precise
>> You manage to find some seolarn weed.
>> Roundtime: 20 sec.

Looks like it got fixed at some point.
Poison System suggestion 01/14/2018 09:58 AM CST

For when the poison system get looked at, can Empaths get the mechanic that, due to being exposed to poisons so often (from healing others), if the poison is left to wear off on it's own the Empath can develop a resistance? Possibly a very small reduction at first and with extensive work, a near immunity. I've heard a similar mechanic exists elsewhere but who trusts rumors right?
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/14/2018 06:47 PM CST

This must be a bug or something - when hunting Wyverns for example, I was routinely poisoned, and it definitely just wore off. Same with cyanide boxes, I believe.
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/14/2018 09:43 PM CST
Empaths have Adaptive Curing, which sounds like it would address a lot of this, anyway.

>>This must be a bug or something - when hunting Wyverns for example, I was routinely poisoned, and it definitely just wore off. Same with cyanide boxes, I believe.

I think the suggestion is to allow Empaths to learn poison resistance/purging/immunity/etc similar to how Thieves can learn it by getting poisoned/ingesting poison over time.

Personally, I think poisons 3.0 shouldn't allow any guild to get an innate resistance/eventual immunity just based on being poisoned a lot, just because it seems to go against the general way things have been fleshing out WRT damage systems in general. If anything, it should be some specific kind of ward-based (well, utility if they don't get warding as a skill) khri.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/15/2018 06:01 AM CST
Most thieves I have spoken to have said poison resistance doesn't work any more, so, wish granted?
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/16/2018 09:33 AM CST
>>Most thieves I have spoken to have said poison resistance doesn't work any more, so, wish granted?

Thief Poison Flushing still works, it's just always been a little weird if your stamina is fluctuating (like from being in combat)

>>Personally, I think poisons 3.0 shouldn't allow any guild to get an innate resistance/eventual immunity just based on being poisoned a lot, just because it seems to go against the general way things have been fleshing out WRT damage systems in general. If anything, it should be some specific kind of ward-based (well, utility if they don't get warding as a skill) khri.

I can't disagree more strongly, plenty of other guilds have non-spell related abilities, and Poison Flushing has always been one of my personal favorites. Yes it's a little odd that it's trained by getting poisoned over and over again (and could easily be replaced with a stat check instead) but I like different mechanics.
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/16/2018 10:31 AM CST
>>I can't disagree more strongly, plenty of other guilds have non-spell related abilities, and Poison Flushing has always been one of my personal favorites. Yes it's a little odd that it's trained by getting poisoned over and over again (and could easily be replaced with a stat check instead) but I like different mechanics.

That's understandable, but the barrier review (as a whole) is happening for a reason. The idea of a passive anti-posion barrier being up 24/7 seems a bit broken given the current way things are meant to function. Giving Thieves a version of Adaptive Curing that has a strict focus on flushing poisons out would be a lot more aligned with how things tend to work these days.

If your issue is more that Khri now runs on a tertiary thief skill, I really don't care if it runs on whatever the Backstab skill eventually gets renamed to to encompass a wider net of non-magic Thief abilities. My point is more that a 24/7 passive anti-poison barrier seems broken with how barriers should function.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/16/2018 01:05 PM CST

> The idea of a passive anti-posion barrier being up 24/7 seems a bit broken given the current way things are meant to function.

It's really not. PC poison isn't a thing anymore, so it only affects boxes and 3(?) creatures that people actually hunt. Box poison is generally more annoying than dangerous, and it fits well in the thief kit. Maybe it would be considered OP at the spinnerrette, but I'm not even sure that's really an issue.

> If your issue is more that Khri now runs on a tertiary thief skill, I really don't care if it runs on whatever the Backstab skill eventually gets renamed to to encompass a wider net of non-magic Thief abilities.

I really like this idea. I think performance, backstab (whatever the new name is), empathy, scouting, conviction, thanatology, and expertise should all benefit the abilities of magic tert and secondary guilds. Maybe that's power, or fuel (such as expertise), or even something simple as using the guild skill like a general mastery if greater than primary magic.
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/16/2018 01:58 PM CST
>>It's really not. PC poison isn't a thing anymore, so it only affects boxes and 3(?) creatures that people actually hunt. Box poison is generally more annoying than dangerous, and it fits well in the thief kit. Maybe it would be considered OP at the spinnerrette, but I'm not even sure that's really an issue.

You know this thread is in relation to a whole crafting system that revolves around poisons eventually coming out, and those poison mechanics spreading beyond just said crafting system, right?

Re: Poison System suggestion 01/16/2018 02:26 PM CST

> You know this thread is in relation to a whole crafting system that revolves around poisons eventually coming out, and those poison mechanics spreading beyond just said crafting system, right?

And I'm sure they'll work off the reagent systems or new systems entirely when that comes out, and the thief bonus will be balanced when that happens (if it even applies, as it doesn't to reagents). What I'm saying is don't panic until the system is at least being actively developed.
Re: Poison System suggestion 01/16/2018 03:13 PM CST
>>What I'm saying is don't panic until the system is at least being actively developed.

I don't know if there's a really nervous forum poster in your pocket, but I don't believe anyone in this thread is panicking. As you said yourself, barely any critters use poison, and the only time anyone would really run into them are from popping boxes or playing two or three HE games. That said, a thread about where poison is going and how some guilds should address it is probably the best place to talk about that specific topic.