Vigil of the Thirty Nine (03/27) 03/22/2019 02:45 AM CDT
Children of Kermoria,

Today, the vulgar outcry of Necromancers mounts to a hideous crescendo. Demonic cultists, accompanied by hosts of aberrations, invade our towns and terrorize the innocent with foul, perverse magics. The threat that looms behind these dangerous heretics and their profane doomsaying is undeniable - Maelshyve, vile demon of the Zaulfung, has grown in power and threatens our plane once more. There can be no mistake - this abomination must be thwarted. Maelshyve and her demonic host must be opposed, lest our beloved Elanthia and all of our fellow creatures face complete obliteration; our very souls consumed.

Today, the hearts of the righteous pant with a great fury. The blood of just warriors boils with indignation, all the while the spirit cries foul at the atrocities committed all around us. We know we must fight this terrible evil. And yet, how are we to maintain virtuousness when surrounded by impurity? How may we wage this war without surrendering our own souls, our principles, to ruin? Uncertainty and odium dwell within our marrow, giving rise to outrage. I know this well.

However, children of Kermoria, I bid you heed my word. If there is one lesson to be learned from the Immortals, let it be that even the faithful and learned may not always understand the Divine Will at all times. To presuppose Their wishes, to speak Their Word when it has not been spoken, is a great sin.

But do not give into despair. For even without weapons or spells, anyone with the will to help exorcise this evil may do so by holding dear your dedication to the Immortals. When the time is right, They will speak. As dutiful children, we must abide and we must listen. Join us, then, as we keep vigil before the blessed Thirty and Nine. Let us raise our voices in joyous exaltation to Those on High. Let Them hear, in one unified psalm, our love, our regard, and our reverence! That They will not be forgotten. That They will be honored. That we will stand beside Them in all things. And though all around us may be blackened and defiled, They will know the faith that burns within our veins - a flame that will never yield to any profane force, nor gutter even when confronted by that which is most unholy. Let it be forever known that the hatred of demonspawn will never triumph over the devotion we hold for our beloved Immortals; Those who provide both guiding light and bracing shade.

All those who might wish to make penance and confess their sins before the Almighty Divine, I bid you do so now. Should all fail, the souls of the virtuous and the truly repentant will not be turned away from their final passage along the Starry Road.

Let us look upon tomorrow not with fear, but with conviction and observance. May the evil of the Zaulfung meet its eternal end. May the Will of the Immortals be known.

Hisakna'hhs'Izzu'hhr
Whiteburn

OOC:

Date: March 27th (Wednesday)
Time: 9 PM EST
Where: Temple Grounds, Cobblestone Path (the Crossing, right before the doors of the High Temple)