Madigan Journal - A Return to Service (3-13-21) 03/13/2021 05:38 PM CST
I believe the Baron recalled me to service because I was adrift at the loss of my wife, Valynn. He was right. The Baron is always right.

The good news is that serving Therengia means there is always a fight somewhere, against someone. Today is no different.

The current issue which impacts Theren is a "parlay" with a pirate group led by Srinoja. Srinoja looted goods from Riverhaven recently and we fought her off without much effort, but not before she made off with goods and continued her harassment of Therengia citizens. The pirates are important because they apparently have an arrangement with the dread Lich that occupies Basalt Isle. Further, the Lich has made war or at least interfered greatly with trade among the islands. To this end, a trade group (House Moghlin) retained the services of Khoheke in order to help defend the trade routes. Khoheke is seeking a holy weapon to affix to his ships in order to defend the trade route.

The summary above is the summary of a soldier, which means I don't really care and certain details may be wrong. I care that pirates raided a Therengian town. Everything beyond that is for the mages and diplomats to figure out. I also care that most of this ballet is being set in motion by a necromancer named Zauldin, who is probably moving pieces around on a chess board in order to settle a score with the Lich on the bloody island. That concern I will save for my next Journal entry.

Navesi's husband, a man named Saragos seems to be the fulcrum of communication with the pirates and a request for a parlay was issued, received and a meeting arranged. I sat through the various meetings and decided fairly quickly that Sir Erieck was more equiped than I to express Therengian interests. I really just need to know where and when to make arrangements.

The parlay was to be held on possibly the worst tactical place I can think of...the remote beach on Hara. Black sand, nasty cliffs, secret passages...yes, a horrible place to plan a battle. But, plan we did. A townhall was held and Therengians wanted blood and Zolurenites wanted to talk. I could have written that in advance and saved everyone the time of the meeting of course.

The Therengian team launched on the Slave and outlined the plan while at sea. The combat team would be led by Sir Aaiyaah and the triage unit would be led by Kammae. I cannot be more proud of my Therengian's than on the ship ride. We were a good group, an organized group...so many old friends with whom I have fought many battles...and so many new friends that I met.

The plan was pretty simple. Set up triage (the most important aspect of an upcoming battle I believe), protect triage and set up the combat force. The combat force was led on the sands by Sir Kenamer (he had the non-Therengian group) and Sir Aaiyaah would hide with the Therengians on the Slave.

The parlay happened, some vague references to refraining from attacking were given by the pirates and they left. Then, the necromancers and their crew attacked Sir Kenamer's combat unit on the sands. Sir Aaiyaah led our group and we hit them from the flank. They were out-flanked and out-numbered, although they fought hard. A few days later, the necromancer Agalea found me and we fought outside of Dokt's. She is a strong opponent, a good fighter and a smart fighter...despite her chaotic nature. I was bested in the field after a prolonged fight. Chadatru favored me, I rose again to learn and fight again.

Now, Khoheke desires a meeting on Ratha. I suspect Zauldin pulls strings and we dance like puppets, but we will go. Maybe this will lead to the downfall of the Lich.

I end this Journal entry sitting next to the statute of the Huntress. I placed a Therengian rose in her basin and shed a tear for my loss of Valynn. This was her favorite place. I spoke to her about meeting a lady, one that I desire to get to know better. The Huntress gazed at me and refreshed my soul. I take this as a sign that Valynn desires me to move on...to be happy...to seek and secure companionship if it can be found. More, she desires me to continue to serve Therengia.

*Note: As I write these Journals my desire is to provide information that may be fodder for RP. Please feel free to use any of this information as a conversation starter with Madigan. Also, I desire to recognize people that may not be in the RP limelight all the time...so I hope to name many of you as often as I can.

Madigan