DiSilveron Manor 12/01/2017 10:37 PM CST
Friends, countrymen, and esteemed members of the Court. I have included an account of the events at DiSilveron Manor, where the Lords and Ladies of the five provinces met to discuss various things. At the fore was a debate about how each province would treat known Necromancers. Where the Lords and Ladies had a treaty that mandated all Necromancers receive the same treatment across all provinces, that treaty has apparently been nullified so that each province will treat Necromancers accordingly based on its own internal politics.

The fellows tending to the stable and the gate were more forthcoming than they probably should have been, but they made things much easier. I present to you now an account of what transpired and am available if you have questions regarding specifics.

Best regards,

A. Bloodmoon

[DiSilveron, Front Gate]
Grand alabaster lions flank a regal wrought-iron gate that is accented in heavy silver leaf. To either side of these gargantuan works of art are high hedges of jasmine intertwined with woodrose, which continue on for several yards before banking out of sight. A silver-tinged, multi-gabled roof is visible just above the hedges.
You also see an Elven stablehand, the wrought-iron gate, a freshly-planted pathway, a Zoluren company and a Zoluren guardsman.
Also here: Grayhair Sarvatt, Natheras, Tyrun who is shrouded in ghostly flames, Inquisitor Whiteburn who is emanating a malevolent holy aura, Fire Kissed Jiah who is flickering with fire motes, Witch Doctor Vanishta, Maxwelinski, Shadow Tracker Maltris, Fickle Wind Qiyan, Slaughter Chief Steinnar, Surgeon Gallifreius , Fate's Fury Heartsfyre who is bathed in pale golden sunlight, High Priestess Khaelyn who is emanating a bright holy aura, Zoluren's Herald Navesi, Hodierna's Fist Kaelie (Black Fox, Speaker), Soul Magus Shunasazi who is shrouded in ghostly flames and Libertine Charlize.
Obvious paths: none.

Mapped exits: go freshly-planted pathway

Gallifreius frowns solemnly.

An Elven stablehand says, "Fine. Just let me do my job, I'm the only one to get stranded out here."

Charlize says, "Poor stablehand."

Jiah gazes at an Elven stablehand.

A guard says, "Security protocol has to be followed for everyone. Too much at risk inside."

An Elven stablehand mutters under his breath.

Navesi mutters something into the air about press passes.

You see a Zoluren guardsman.

He is carrying a gleaming longsword in his right hand.
He is wearing a crisp uniform topped with his cloth-of-silver tabard emblazoned in raised silk patterns with a brilliant white gladiolus over a field of azure. The thickness of a leather breastplate is evident from the bulk of his chest, and ribbed leather shin guards extend from simply-tooled boots to protect his legs.

Maxwelinski exclaims, "Ominous signs!"

An Elven stablehand says, "Well, the sooner you go check with them, the sooner this will be over with and I can go do my job."

A guard says, "Hey look, it's not personal. You know your Lady wouldn't want us just letting anyone in without papers either."

A guard says, "I already sent Liza in to go check."

An Elven stablehand says, "I suppose not."

A guard says, "She comes back with an okay for you, and I can let you through. But not until then."

An Elven stablehand asks, "How long is that going to take?"

Qiyan asks, "Err... what's the name again?"

A guard says, "That will depend on your contingent."

An Elven stablehand sighs again.

An Elven stablehand asks, "I could start spreading wild rumors among all the people standing here. Would that speed things up?"

Charlize nods to an Elven stablehand.

An Elven stablehand says, "I bet everyone here is itching to know what they're talking about in there."

An Elven stablehand grins a bit.

Tyrun says, "I do enjoy wild rumors."

Tyrun rubs his hands together.

Heartsfyre snorts, loudly.

Shunasazi nods to an Elven stablehand.

Rhra wandered over from a freshly-planted pathway.

Charlize rubs her hands together.

Qiyan nods to Tyrun.

Navesi bitterly says, "I dislike rumors."

A guard says, "You can say whatever you want."

Tyrun says, "Perhaps they're moving my furniture in and offering a quick clean for the new Talmuron estate."

A guard chuckles slightly.

A guard peers through the gate and appears to be talking to someone on the other side quietly.

Tyrun says, "Ah, there's my footman."

An Elven stablehand says, "Well, I do know that they're discussing necromancy and what to do about its growing menace."

Navesi frowns.

An Elven stablehand waggles his fingers.

Qiyan glances at an Elven stablehand.

Navesi glances at an Elven stablehand.

Navesi jots down some notes.

Whiteburn fixes Gallifreius with a cold, reptilian stare.

Navesi slowly asks, "Not a rumor?"

Whiteburn says, "I know precisely what is to be done with it."

Maltris smirks at the Elven stablehand.

Qiyan asks, "Were you eavesdroppin?"

An Elven stablehand asks, "Stabbing?"

An Elven stablehand glances at Whiteburn .

A guard frowns and says, "Liza is having a difficult time getting anyone in the Ilithi contingent with papers that confirm you are with them. It seems like most are in the meeting itself already."

An Elven stablehand says, "I wasn't eavesdropping. Just... listening."

A guard frowns and says, "Word i being sent, but it may take some time yet."

Shunasazi peers quizzically at an Elven stablehand.

Whiteburn says, "The options are many, but the result is the same."

Qiyan nods to Whiteburn .

An Elven stablehand says, "Bah. So I'm still stuck out here."

An Elven stablehand says, "I say bah."

Maltris says, "Funny you should mention Necromancy as the topic of discussion, seems the air is ripe with one right now..."

An Elven stablehand says, "There's quite a crowd now."

A guard says, "For a bit yet, yes."

Whiteburn pointedly says, "Worms that intend to defile the home of our province's nobility, and, indeed, this very world upon which we reside, should return to the dirt where they belong."

Tyrun asks Shunasazi, "And I suspect everyone here is a subject matter expert on necromancy with no conjecture necessary to offer...?"

An Elven stablehand says, "Well if you want accurate news, maybe a stablehand that's been locked out isn't the most trustworthy source. But I can tell you all what I know."

Gallifreius hesitantly says, "Clearly."

A guard says, "Does some trash need taking out, Inquisitor?"

Whiteburn says, "I believe it does, indeed."

A guard says, "Who is it?"

Gallifreius points at an Elven stablehand.

A guard glares around.

An Elven stablehand exclaims, "I'm not a necromancer!"

Loud crashes and booms echo in the distance from the direction of Kaerna Village.

An Elven stablehand flails his arms around.

Whiteburn points at Gallifreius .

Gallifreius breathes almost without making a sound.

A guard nods sternly.

Whiteburn says, "I would have dispatched it myself, but I wish not to bloody the DiSilveron estates without permission."

Navesi says to Gallifreius , "Some nerve, showing your face openly."

Tyrun gets a translucent crystal chalice inset with teardrop sapphires along the base from inside a dusty tapestry cloak with a compass clasp.

Kingdok smirks to himself.

A large flock of people rushes into the area! Though some are plainly robed, others are wearing thick armor. As their collective chants of rage fill the air, someone screeches, "There he is! Don't let him get away!"
The crowd quickly converges on Gallifreius , overpowers him and throws him to the ground as dozens of iron-gripped hands pin down his arms and legs.

From the midst of the grumbling crowd, a priest of Aldauth steps forward. He proclaims, "This man is far too corrupt for a simple purging to right his sins. We must take him to the Temple to be fully cleansed!" The crowd quickly binds Gallifreius 's arms and legs, dragging him helplessly away to the High Temple.

The clerics in the group wave their censers superstitiously over the spot where Gallifreius once was. As the cloying incense smoke covers the area, the crowd leaves, mumbling prayers against evil.

An Elven stablehand says, "Wow"

Qiyan rubs her hands together.

Whiteburn bows her head in acknowledgement.

The soft silver glow fades from around Whiteburn .

An Elven stablehand looks around, then just shrugs.

A guard says, "At your word, Inquisitor."

An Elven stablehand says, "I'm pretty sure they're discussing practical ways of dealing with justice for necromancers in there. But I can't be sure. I'm out here, not in there."

A guard says, "We've an Inquisitor here. She can easily tell."

An Elven stablehand says, "I'd be really surprised if there were necromancers inside. But I'm just a stablehand."

A guard says, "There are certainly no necromancers inside the manor."

Qiyan asks, "Are we sure them papers weren't forged?"

Kingdok says, "Tis a fine job the guard is doing, look at cleanly he dresses and how well he keeps the unwanted outside."

Maltris says, "He was vouched for from inside..."

A guard says, "Considering the Ferdahl's stablemaster vouched for him, yes, I'm pretty sure."

Five couriers, each liveried in the colors of one of the Provinces come out from the behind the gate on horseback and speed off as the gates close again behind them!

A guard glances at the departing couriers and says, "Well, that seems important."

Navesi jots down some notes.

A guard says, "They could be in there for days, you all know that, right? These meetings are often very long, especially when they bring this many retainers with them."

Maxwelinski says, "I have heard rumors that many members of the aristocratic elite gather and perform acts of human sacrifice."

Maxwelinski says, "I am not saying that's what is happening here..."

A guard says, "People say a lot of dumb stuff."

Narash glares at a Zoluren guardsman.

Perune says, "He's starting."

Perune says, "With the moon man story."

Narash says to Perune, "I'm getting mixed signals here."

A guard says, "I wasn't talking about your moon man story. I was talking about the treasonous chatter."

(Lasika takes advantage of the distracting crowd to try climbing the gate, but her gown snags and holds her back.)

Lasika flicks her ears back in annoyance, gazing steadily at an exquisitely ruched pink petalette gown with a fluted sunkissed chiffon skirt.

A guard says, "Don't try that sort of stupidity again, or you will be jailed."

Lasika slowly empties her lungs.

Tyrun says, "Let her tear her gown open. The soldiers have been on the road quite some time and good use a show and worldweary women to join their baggage train."

A guard says, "Not really, sir. Not really."

Qiyan nods to Maltris.

Tyrun says to Navesi, "Foolishness has its own rewards."

Tyrun says to Navesi, "The guards will make short work of her modesty, worry not."

A guard says, "Again, not really, sir. Not really. We are guards and soldiers, not... whatever you're insinuating."

Narash asks, "Is it considered rude to build a fire on someone's lawn?"

A guard says, "Yes, it is rude to light a fire here."

Tyrun says, "I hear it is a high honor if you burn effigies of each of the five provinces rulers, but I am not worthy to commit such an act, so I defer to you."

Lasika distractedly asks, "Is der Princess home right now, anyvay?"

A guard says, "Which Princess, exactly?"

Lasika dreamily says, "Any Princess."

A guard says, "Yes."

Loud horns are heard from the other side of the gate! The soldiers and guards move to the sides, but stand at the ready, as the Therengian contingent rides through in apparent haste. Ensuring that nobody can edge through the gate that isn't intended, the guards swiftly shut it once again behind the horses.

Qiyan says, "Always the first to run."

Toreakas glances at Qiyan.

Whiteburn quietly says, "Praised be."

A guard says, "I know Lady Turmar is splitting her time between here and the Turmar estate while her Great Uncle and various members of the Traders Guild continue to meet."

Lasika haltingly says to Atazai, "You are right. Not'ink vill stop me. I vill do vot I do. I am goink to flirt vit' a princess."

(Lasika gathers a fistful of rope in one hand and hurls it over the top of the gate. Ignoring the guardsman and soldiers nearby, she rushes forward, giving the rope a sharp tug just as her foot meets the metal. Instead of hauling herself upwards, however, the lack of grappling hook or knot on the rope causes it to slip back over the gate, and she flips over backwards, smacking her head hard against the ground.)

Atazai says, "Oh my."

Navesi winces.

Lasika wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Navesi softly says to Lasika, "Dear girl... perhaps wait until the next ball."

A guard scowls.

Lasika dazedly says, "Ball..."

Perune says, "Oh, I think I saw this at a Halfling show once."

A guard says, "You shall be jailed for crimes against the state. I warned you."

An Elven stablehand just arrived.

Navesi says, "Guard, she didn't manage to get anywhere with it."

Qiyan glances at an Elven stablehand.

Navesi quietly says, "And she's a little bit touched, if you know what I mean."

Vindiciti casually observes the area.

Natheras nods to an Elven stablehand.

Atazai says, "She got to the fence with a way to get over it."

A troupe of guards marches into the area, cordoning off all the exits. The leader then procures various colored powders from his belt and tosses them through the air, revealing Lasika's position!
"There she is, take her away." The captain says to his men. They quickly surround Lasika with superior numbers, binding her arms behind her and marching her off.
As they leave, the guards remove the barriers from the room, allowing free passage again.

Atazai nods.

An Elven stablehand grumbles a bit at the guardsman, but looks to be in a much better mood overall.

An Elven stablehand says, "Well it's real interesting in there."

An Elven stablehand grins.

An Elven stablehand says, "I was right, they're talking about necromancy and what to do about necromancers."

An Elven stablehand says, "None of them are agreeing with each other, either."

An Elven stablehand says, "I'm pretty sure the yelling you heard was Gyfford going on an eloquent but vicious rant about just how evil they are and how they deserve no mercy."

Qiyan asks, "So Stablehand, who exactly disagrees with the Baron then?"

An Elven stablehand says, "Prince Belirendrick stated that yes, necromancers are indeed evil, but that jailing them for five roisaen over it isn't an effective solution, and brought up concerns about false accusations."

Whiteburn says, "Indeed. Their souls ought to be shackled for eternity."

Natheras chuckles.

Navesi says to Whiteburn , "Burned in the Spiral and cleansed."

Atazai says, "Yeah but for some a high morality is forgiving the unforgivable.

An Elven stablehand says, "Ferdahl Aemmin said she wants to give the necromancers a chance at redemption and to maybe stop doing necromancy. Because killing them doesn't work, and could lead them down a 'darker path' or something. She said it way more eloquently than that."

An Elven stablehand says, "I know what I heard."

Narash scowls.

An Elven stablehand nods at Narash.

An Elven stablehand says, "Hey now, I'm just a stablehand."

Atazai nods to an Elven stablehand.

Navesi asks, "May I have your name to quote you in the paper?"

An Elven stablehand says, "I'd rather not be named, sorry."

Navesi says, "Very well."

An Elven stablehand says, "That sounds kinda uh, I don't want it coming back to me."

Navesi says, "If you prefer, I could wait until there is an official announcement to publish."

Navesi says, "However the people tend to prefer to hear what they can immediately."

An Elven stablehand says, "Anyway, Ferdahl Aemmin brought up something about altars being attacked and that there was word that certain necromancers were pushed to more evil than they'd have done since they have no way out."

An Elven stablehand says, "Baron Gyfford really didn't like that."

An Elven stablehand says, "King Tongrid said that they deal with it whenever it comes up, that necromancers need to be dealt with but that they're one of many evils that they have to deal with."

Vindiciti gazes at an Elven stablehand.

An Elven stablehand says, "I don't know, to be honest."

An Elven stablehand says, "What other evils, that is."

A guard says, "House Turmar does not engage in evil. You will silence your tongue to that effect."

An Elven stablehand says, "Councilor Ilanthesh said that each individual island is responsible for dealing with necromancy within their own domain."

Qiyan nods to an Elven stablehand.

Atazai smiles at an Elven stablehand.

Tyrun says, "I'm sure Hara'jaal will be intolerant and well patrolled."

Narash grins.

Atazai laughs!

An Elven stablehand says, "I think that's the idea."

An Elven stablehand says, "Anyway it's still pretty chaotic in there but Baron Gyfford left kind of mad."

Tyrun asks, "The Baron? In an emotional state of duress?"

An Elven stablehand says, "I think they're all agreed that necromancy is terrible, it's just what to do about it that's the problem."

Tyrun says, "Perish the surprising thought."

Navesi says to Narash, "Well, I think I took your meaning, but you might take care with the phrasing."

Natheras nods.

An Elven stablehand says, "No, I just came out here to gossip with all you fine people."

An Elven stablehand says, "Since it didn't look like anyone else was going to come out to give a statement or something."

An Elven stablehand asks, "You're kind of scary, you know?"

An Elven stablehand stares at Whiteburn.

A guard says, "Almost assuredly an official statement will come. Perhaps five of them."

An Elven stablehand says, "Well I feel like I'm going to be judged in fire and brimstone for stealing an extra beer last Thursday."

An Elven stablehand grins.

Whiteburn wryly says, "Perhaps Lord Botolf could be appeased on your behalf."

An Elven stablehand chortles.

An Elven stablehand says, "Anyway that's the very short version of events. They talk a lot. I'm pretty sure they're still talking."

Atazai shakes hands with an Elven stablehand.

An Elven stablehand takes a swig of beer. You're not really sure where the beer came from.

An Elven stablehand says, "yes"

Qiyan asks, "So Stablehand does this mean the rest of the discussion will continue without a certain province's participation?"

An Elven stablehand says, "I don't know! But it sounds like it."

An Elven stablehand says, "Oh, another thing I heard while I was in there. Apparently Belirendrick is concerned that the guards are having problems with shopkeepers screaming about necromancy when there really wasn't any going on."

An Elven stablehand says, "So they're talking that over."

You nod to an Elven stablehand.

An Elven stablehand asks, "Well sorcery is bad too. I don't know what the difference is between that and necromancy but apparently it's both really bad?"

Navesi says, "But it is still considered sorcerous."

Natheras nods to Atazai.

An Elven stablehand says, "Talk about that is going over my pay grade."

Atazai says, "Perhaps the Great Witch Hunt shall begin."
Whiteburn says to Navesi, "That is what I believed, at first. However, the Triumvirate of Tamsine did not differentiate between different realms of sorcerous magics, only that Sorcery was corrupting and destroying the Web."

Navesi says, "Sorcery indeed is corrupting the Web, but it might serve us well to learn if there are varieties that are safe. Not that I would practice such until we know for certain, mind you."

Atazai says, "Some of them have certainly made their feeling clear."

An Elven stablehand says, "Well this explains why they were talking about sorcery too. Baron Gyfford said it's "blasphemous" while Prince Belirendrick said it was bad but at least doesn't have some sort of shadowy organization behind it like necromancy does."

Atazai ponders.

Navesi says to Tirost, "I heard tale of such a redemption once. A Necromancer who beseeched the gods and was allowed passage to the Starry Road instead of the Spiral."

Atazai says, "Behind it..."

Atazai asks, "Handsome stablehand, was there talk of um, Children?"

An Elven stablehand asks, "Uh, children?"

Atazai shrugs.

Tirost says to Navesi, "I would love to hear more of that tale, should you have time, or could point me in the direction of an account of it."

An Elven stablehand says, "I didn't hear anything about children."

An Elven stablehand says, "I should probably get back in there, I have to get back to work."

Natheras says, "Keep your head down."

An Elven stablehand says, "I don't know. Maybe at this point it'll be better to wait for official statements instead of getting it from me third hand."

An Elven stablehand waggles his fingers around. Absolutely nothing happens. How disappointing.

An Elven stablehand bows politely and heads back in.

A guard says, "Like I mentioned, it's likely to be days before the meetings are ended. I'd not expect anything official before then."

A guard says, "They never bring retinues this big unless they are to be staying more than a day."

A guard says, "Don't set anything on fire, don't block the road, don't try to get into the manor."

A guard says, "Other than that, you can stay as long as you'd like, but eventually shift change will come and I'll be leaving."

* Gyfford returns home from a hard day of adventuring.

Navesi says, "Well I suppose I'd best get to writing."

Whiteburn gravely says, "I can only hope that our leaders will not abandon their piety, nor turn a blind eye to the creeping evil that encroaches upon us. The solution is as clear and simple as the crystal pools of Eluned, and I pray that they will come to the only natrual conclusion there is."