THE FIRST LAND HERALD: Orcish War Brewing in Therengia 09/11/2017 09:30 PM CDT

THE FIRST LAND HERALD

424/8/29.

Orcish War Brewing in Therengia

Strike Force Leader Klurn of the Theren Guard alerted me recently to these happenings in Therengia. What follows is paraphrased from my discussion with him, with some details also provided by his sergeant, Sir Sturm.

On the 33rd day of the 6th month of this year, orcs invaded Therenborough and Langenfirth. However, their aim was not a simple attack on these towns. This time, they were able to gain access to, murder, and walk three Therengian lords, Lord Caranry Dekera, Lord Halaran Darpam, and Lord Solysi Chancar. It is currently unknown how the orcs managed to accomplish this, but the Strike Force Leader believes that the house militaries were overrun in the process. Many of the other Therengian lords are now sequestered in a secret location, under guard. Klurn told me that he met with Provincial Guard Leader Dragaus, who said to him that Lord Marshal Amlach and the Baron see these murders as an act of war. As far as we know, war has not been officially declared, but interested readers would be wise to attend the public audience of the Baron, upcoming in a few andaen.

On the 19th day of this month of Skullcleaver, the 8th month, Klurn was giving a tour of Viggu's lair, or what is known to us, located near Rossman's Landing. His party was ambushed by a number of orcs in a deadly attack, killing 75% of those present, with Klurn, Felicini, and Karthor finally defeating them. During the attack, Klurn witnessed the orc war mage Nikoruk leave for the manor nearby, which I am told is overrun with orcs. Later, Vicktoreon used lunar magic to locate Nikoruk in the inner sanctum of Viggu's lair, an area which we do not currently know how to access. Klurn mentioned that he once witnessed an orc escape through a wall panel in the pantry of the manor, and he speculated that there may be a secret passage between the manor and this inner sanctum.

We in Zoluren feel for the loss of our northern brothers and sisters, and I offer my condolences on behalf of my province. May our alliance remain strong in the days ahead, where it may be needed.

By my hand,

Navesi Daerthon
Zoluren's Herald
Editor in Chief of the First Land Herald