Orc Invasion, Deaths of Lords 09/08/2017 08:49 AM CDT
<Ternith opens a drake hide tome labeled “Commanders Log”, dipping the tip of a claw into the bottle of ink he begins to write:>

424 years and 292 days since the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.

This afternoon, prior to the Anlas of Tamsine’s Toil I was out conducting a provincial patrol. I cleared the areas of the Standing Stones, Riverhaven, and Rossmans Landing and announced to the locals that those areas were patrolled and clear of threats.

Continuing my patrol, I walked over the Rossman’s rope bridge and made my way towards Langenfirth. Just passing El’Bain’s and continuing south towards the Deer Trail and Bin more orcs were observed along the way. I arrived only to find several orcs to greet me at the Bin. I quickly dispatched a local announcement to the brigades and citizens requesting groups to form and to aid in combating the threat. I then announced across the general band of the gwethdesuan requesting additional support as I ran towards the Theren Keep.

The road was being overran with orcs, I admit, the blood was pumping, I was ready to wet my blade with their blood but first wanted to secure the Theren Keep. A party of orcs greeted me outside the drawbridge, I moved to action and vanquished the enemy! Holding that post I fought off many more while working to coordinate squads of soldiers and citizens.

Tuckin worked to drag two bodies to triage, Bertan arrived in the area shortly after Tuckin’s call for Clerical assistance. They worked to heal and resurrect the bodies and returned to the streets to fight off the enemy. Wordachy, Buluc, Vastriff, Narash all worked to clear the roads from Langenfirth north towards Therengia. Nyxer and Vieira bravely scoured the roads healing soldiers.
There may have been others, but these were the folks I personally observed or one of the Watch members observed and made mention of their name. Many of these folks traveled a great distance, according to what I was told, to aid in the battle. I am overwhelmed with joy and honored to have shared in this battle with such fine folks.

Unfortunately, there were a few casualties during this invasion. Though we diligently worked to secure the Theren Keep, protect and aid citizens, the orc raiders made it to a few of the Morzindaen Houses before being ran off or sleighed. Lords Caranry Dekera, Halaran Darpam, and Solysi Chancar were all reported as casualties.
Investigations into these deaths are underway, we have sent word to these homes requesting a meeting. Many Therengians desire to know if these were assassinations or deaths by chance, who are the appointed successors, what will the future of these great homes look like, etc. <Ternith draws a star beside this paragraph>

End of Entry

<Ternith places a leather strip along the page and gently closes the tome while muttering “Everild grant us your strength!”>

In service of His Grace, Baron Gyfford,

Ternith Sjomah
Commander of The Northern Watch
Re: Orc Invasion, Deaths of Lords 09/09/2017 04:54 PM CDT
Found this note in another location and thought it would be more at home here.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Places,%20Cities%20and%20Provinces%20of%20DragonRealm's%20Elanthia/Therenborough,%20Langenfirth%20and%20%20The%20Keeps%20of%20Therengia%20/thread/1856623?get_newest=true
Re: Orc Invasion, Deaths of Lords 09/09/2017 11:35 PM CDT
<Ternith opens a drake hide tome labeled “Commanders Log”, dipping the tip of a claw into the bottle of ink he begins to write:>

424 years and 299 days since the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.

Orcs made themselves known this afternoon. One would thing that they would attack during the night, but these buffoons apparently poses the intellect of a rock. To the best of my knowledge they started at the Therengian city gates and spread out from Therengia, southerly towards Langenfirth and then later in the battle the orcs took up a position in Viggu’s Lair easterly in Rossmans Landing.

What an invigorating and exciting battle it was! Upon arriving in Therengia, I put the call out for backup. I’m not sure if the excitement stems from the battle or all the wonderful folks that sacrificed their time and leveraged their talents to aid in protecting the province. I beam with such great pride as I sit here writing this entry.

The number of responders were many and I would be writing names for many pages. But I hope they know how much their time and efforts were appreciated as it was a great honor to stand alongside of them, taking back the city and dispatch the orcs with immense force. <Ternith pauses briefly, looking up from the log, inhaling Sharpley he releases a thunderous prideful roar!>

Another positive note to highlight within this entry is that the great houses were spared and as of the time of this entry, no casualties were reported. Praise be to Everild for imparting his mighty strength upon of this day!

There was also some banter between some of us an Viggu over the gwethdesuan, I even earned the name “catman” from the ole disgusting orc. Though it was a time of amusement, Viggu was quite serious and stated he would be back with greater force next time.

Buluc and Bertan reported that later on after all was calm, they were hunting and sensed that several members of the Theren Guard had fallen. After several roisaen, the sensations did not wane and they agreed to run up and offer assistance.

Apparently the Theren Guard members were in the middle of an exercise and during this time they returned to Viggu’s Lair only to encounter more orcs! They sprung to action and worked to combat the enemy. While part of the guards were off addressing the threat, Buluc and Bertan said they assisted with resurrecting and offering supportive assistance to those in need. The threat was neutralized and all members back in action thanks to a great triage team.

One thing to note was that that Viggu’s Archwizard, Nikoruk, made an appearance during the chaos. Nikoruk possesses great power and the blackfire that he can produce laid waste to many strong warriors previously, I can only imagine the power and devastation he could bring. Nikoruk didn’t engage during this encounter according to reports.

End of Entry

<Ternith places a leather strip along the page and gently closes the tome while muttering “Everild grant us your strength!”>

In service of His Grace, Baron Gyfford,

Ternith Sjomah
Commander of The Northern Watch