You nod.
>
Koromas says, "The king didn't want him involved to start with."

>
You frown.
>
Koromas says, "His rudeness to the baron is a mistake."
>
You say, "Unfortnately I had been called away on other duties or I would have disuaded him."

You nod to Koromas.

You ask, "The baron is the kings brother no?"
>
Koromas says, "Still yes."
>
Koromas says, "By the way the princess is better now that she is with her people."
>
Caprianna beams!

You smile.
>
Caprianna nods.
>
Koromas says, "Things worked out the way they should."

You say, "News well received."
>
Koromas shrugs.

You shrug.
>
Caprianna smiles.

You say, "She was couped up."
>
Caprianna cringes.

You say, "Not good for a ranger."

You shrug.

You gaze off into the distance blankly.

You say, "I would ask your advice on a matter."
>
Koromas asks, "I hear the baron was angry at Crateos?"

You ponder.

You say, "I had not heard anger... surely displeased."
>
Koromas nods.

You say, "The Hand most definately."
>
Koromas says, "The tratior woman got off lightly our king would have had her head."

You say, "He gave me a message to relay to the king his displeasure."

You nod.
>
Koromas says, "Give me the message and I will pass it on."
>
Caprianna roots around the area for a moment.
Caprianna forages around the area for a while until she finds a red flower.

You say, "Only that he was displeased at the insults offered to the baron by craetos actions."
>
Koromas nods.
>
You say, "I believe he wonders why such has not been handled."
>
>
You say, "And no word from the king."

You shrug.

You say, "Though..."
>
Koromas says, "Tell Crateos his Viceroy says in the future stay out of wetlander affairs."

>
You nod.
>
Koromas says, "And."

You say, "The Court advisor felt it her place to kill him."
>
Koromas says, "Tell him to apologize to the baron."
>
Koromas says, "Or his surrogate."
>
Koromas says, "Privately is fine."

You smile.
>
Koromas says, "If Crateos can not handle an eloth ..."
>
Koromas shrugs.

You smirk.
>
Koromas says, "That is weakness."
>
Koromas says, "And his problem to solve."
>
A golden snake moves its head away from Caprianna's waist and slides over her body to her earlobe, where it rests again.

You scowl.
>
Koromas says, "No one os going to hold his hand."
>
You say, "I tire of her insults to the outcasts in general."

You say, "But I don't wish to stir trouble."
>
Koromas says, "But he better not anger the baron again."
>
Koromas asks, "Purnay private business is private business yes?"
>
Koromas says, "If she insults you that is for you to handle."

You say, "Sometimes i am not sure how the wetlanders will take private buisness."
>
Koromas says, "Like little weak children."

>
You snicker.
>
Caprianna grins.

You nod in agreement.
>
Sparkles follow the black jade cats as they zip by your right calf.
>
Koromas says, "I should not linger in case someone notices me and I have to kill them."
>
Koromas chuckles.
>
Caprianna breaks out in a silly grin.

You say, "A shame."
>
Caprianna offers Koromas a red flower.
>
Koromas accepts Caprianna's red flower.
>
Caprianna says, "For Princess Macja."
>
Koromas nods.
>
Caprianna grins.
>
Caprianna says, "Thank you."
>
Koromas puts his flower in his thigh quiver.
>
Caprianna curtsies.

Koromas just left your group.
>
You see Viceroy Koromas Urthil, a Human.
Koromas has blue-grey eyes and an aquiline nose. His black hair is shoulder length and straight, and is worn braided. He has dark skin and a lean build.
He is a bit over average height for a Human.
He appears to be in his prime.
He is clean shaven.
He is in good shape.

He is holding a copperwood short bow in his right hand.
He is wearing a kyanite gwethdesuan, a jadeite gwethdesuan, an earring of silver filigree set with a single flawless diamond, a mistwood short bow, a black leather baldric fastened with a silver buckle in the shape of a flame-wreathed lion, an ivory linen shirt with carved silver buttons, some black hunting leathers, some reinforced black hide gloves, a black leather hand-tooled highwayman's belt, a leather waterskin, some supple black suede pants trimmed with fine silver embroidery, a battered black leather thigh quiver and a pair of black leather boots with a wide cuff just below the knee.
>bow koro
You bow to Koromas.
>
Koromas says, "Do not let the wetlands corrupt you."

Caprianna grins.
>
You say, "I prefer to corrupt them."
>
Koromas chuckles.

You say, "Be safe on you buisness."

You say, "However it occurs to you to be safe."

You smirk.
>
Koromas says, "I am to scout the elpalzi areas."

You arch your eyebrow.

You say, "I had heard of recent stirring."
>
Koromas says, "Thier renewed actions caught the kings attention."

You say, "Something about a faction wishing to take over again."
>'oh
You say, "Oh."
>
Koromas asks, "Take over what?"

You say, "Zoluren."
>
Koromas says, "Hmm."
s
You say, "I have listened in to various provincial meetings."
>
Koromas chuckles.

You say, "Once a spy always a spy."
>
Koromas says, "So trusting these wetlanders."

>
You say, "It can be useful."

You say, "Information is often power."
>
Koromas says, "If you hear of anything concerning the elpalzi let us know."

You bow to Koromas.

You say, "I shall send wolf again."
>
Koromas nods.

You raise an eyebrow in Caprianna's direction.
>
Koromas raises his short bow in a quick salute.
>
Koromas says, "Until we meet again."

You get a shadowed desert-style sniper's bow designed for battle from inside your kidskin baldric.

You pivot in Koromas's direction and salute him with your bow, bringing the weapon downwards in a precise, fluid movement.
>
Koromas nods to Caprianna.
>
Koromas nods to you.

>

Caprianna says, "Shade and water your excellency."
R>

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 04:19 AM CST
OOC: I thought the Drexella trial was done and a verdict given. I am not sure how the affairs of a now common Therengian citizen would still be the talk of the highest rulers. It seems that it should be over and done. Just my thoughts on it.

Sebs player.

~~~
My life is simple and in all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended, but never coerced; killed, but never shamed.
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 04:20 AM CST
Comments by NPCs like this makes me wonder why I bothered to try to RP anything at all with anyone instead of just retiring Drex for good. It also makes me wish I'd just raised holy hell about the false accusations as a player instead of letting it RP out.

===
Diwitt glances at you then asks with a leer, "You come here to give ol' Diwitt a kiss?
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 08:04 AM CST
It's more about Craetos insulting a foreign dignitary who happens to be the kings brother. and involving himself in a foreign trial. As to the whole affair with drex, from what purnay has heard his conclusion as that while her heart was most certainly in the right place, her actions were misguided. Doesn't make her a traitor to him. So when Koromos said to him that the king would have just taken her head and been done with it... well that's the penalty for failure in the outcasts. once your head is taken, you get raised and get back to your job, just don't fail again. I think Drex would make a GREAT outcast, but inviting or asking her to be one would be an insult to her honor. (purnay has something of a Japanese/viking sense of honor)

as a player I think the way you (drex) have handed and are handling this whole thing is awesome. the way you have kept your head held high and stuck to your guns that you are innocent is most impressive to me. you know you're innocent you don't need anyone else to believe it cept maybe Seb. I hope you keep pushing the RP aspect of the way its going. I'd hate to see you leave completely for the islands or shard. Kick Ass, Names are not needed, if theren comes arround great, if not they just aren't kool.

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 09:06 AM CST
>"Comments by NPCs like this makes me wonder why ..."

I wouldn't let that wondering impact you too heavily. I mean, this is why we RP right? We've placed our little text-babies into positions of major standing so that either we ourselves can carry events from one step to another, or we can gather the others like us and make that push. I don't see this as anything different.

It was an event that spawned from other event and took on a life of its own. This is a good thing, it leaves an open door for more RP however you want to walk through it. From what I can tell, you've chosen to put her into seclusion and with that choice has come allot of talk by the watering hole behind her back. And I'm sure you can understand that the whole event is going to be something that will be spoken of and about for awhile ( EX: Former President William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton)

Of coarse, you have every right to RP as hearing some of these things and potentially going out to confront them. Truth is, everyone loves to watch a scandal or a public figure lose face. Why would DR be any different?

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 11:05 AM CST
i thought we were done with the whole 'shade and water' thing
wasn't it an ooc reference anyway?
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 01:22 PM CST
>as a player I think the way you (drex) have handed and are handling this whole thing is awesome. the way you have kept your head held high and stuck to your guns that you are innocent is most impressive to me. you know you're innocent you don't need anyone else to believe it cept maybe Seb. I hope you keep pushing the RP aspect of the way its going. I'd hate to see you leave completely for the islands or shard. Kick Ass, Names are not needed, if theren comes arround great, if not they just aren't kool.

+1

You're a moon mage: death should come as no surprise.
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 01:32 PM CST
fortunately I didn't start the whole shade and water thing. and no we're not done with it. I pretty much keep it around to pull out at most opportune time just to annoy people

~Purnay
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 01:41 PM CST
Yhaman was the first one I heard use Shade and Water.
And thanks guys. You're right, and it was a moment of letting it get to me again. Sorry about that.

===
Diwitt glances at you then asks with a leer, "You come here to give ol' Diwitt a kiss?
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 05:52 PM CST
I think you're great Drex and I think if you weren't here there would be far less flavor in the soup. That also goes for all the other participants in Therengin/Outcast RP, good and bad. We haven't had a wicked easy road together and I think that was the GM's plan from the beginning. However, the adversity has lead to some really amazing encounters and events. These are the things in which Therengia, and this game as a whole, really starts to shine.

As per Koromas' comments:
It is my understanding that his comments are made from the point of view of a loyal soldier/brother/advisor to our King. To him, I would expect any sort of failure to complete a duty would qualify as treasonous since it would mean that you have not completed a task given to you by your lord and master. As the Outcast "lawman" his view would be very cut and dry, the consequence would be death. As it was to Craetos after he had failed in one of his duties years before. Thankfully, you don't live under what Q calls "the despot in the desert" and were able to roll with the punches handed to you.

The whole shade and water thing has really been talked into the dirt but I can post the simple facts for that here one more time:
*The first Outcasts had used it, the whole theme/setting for the tribe borrowed heavily from various literature in it's inception.
*The major function of this greeting/farewell is as a way for fellow members of the tribe to express a feeling of well wishes when parting company.
*The first group of Players turned Outcasts used it infrequently during the war and afterwards. The second group of players allowed into the tribe used it far more. Openly on gweths, and in public conversation.
*Recently (few years back) a major shift in the perspective for the player Outcasts happened and many of us have re-evaluated how we may be outwardly perceived.
*Currently those few players and NPC's still active as Outcasts try not to over-use the phrase however because of it's usage in the beginning it persists.

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: OOC log 03/03/2012 07:42 PM CST
>*Currently those few players and NPC's still active as Outcasts try not to over-use the phrase however because of it's usage in the beginning it persists.

well put.... Shade and water Alexii ::snicker::

~Purnay ~Forever in search of Shade and water~