A Messenger walks into the Desert carrying a Sealed letter 06/08/2010 05:40 PM CDT
My King,

First I wish to apoligize for my absence, the past months. It was not my choice, nor my desire to be "detained". I will not go into detail in this letter, as there are other matters, more important then my problems.

As you may have heard, the Salt Lake outside of Muspar'i has been overrun with Merelew. They practice the Arcane arts and summon foul constucts to assist them in the invasion of the Salt Lake. The citizens of Muspar'i have come to me, and asked that the Tribe help with the defense of the city, and the push to remove these abominations. As they have pointed out, without the lake their livlihood will cease. Not only on that point my King, but they could also seek and attain a way to push further into the desert, infesting more area. I have informed the Outland Tribe, that helping with this matter is utmost important. Because our presence and need close to Keep is apparently not needed. The Princess, does not seem to be in need of our presence, and also, its been made clear from the Keep her safety and secuirty is well maintained without us.

As always my King, we serve you, and seek to maintain the Honor of the Tribe.

Your Wiseman,

Jappal Mic-irr

'Ye may judge and scorn the Outcasts if ye wish. Hate them for their pride, honor and power. But know this well, they are here to stay, and will never be forgotten again.' -King Raenilar-
Re: A Messenger walks into the Desert carrying a Sealed letter 06/08/2010 06:41 PM CDT
I can't respond to a sealed letter, but I would like to point out now before anyone is mislead, that the foul necromancers are in fact NOT Merelew. Here is the information on them, below. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I showed them to you, Jappal, so for that I apologize but I'm sure I said they were not Merelew.

Isundjen Conjurer

The Isundjen resembles a Merelew, perverted and disfigured by the arcane arts. Deep grey fish-like scales cover the surface of its body, though wide strips are missing, particularly notable around its eyes and mouth. Its head is lumpy and misshapen, as if it had been crushed and reassembled, and the webs between its fingers and toes are little more than thin membranes marred with scar tissue and holes. Completing the malicious appearance is its perpetual scowl, with which it displays the jagged shards one would call teeth, and piercing blood-red eyes.

RECALL
Arguably the greatest shame of the Merelew people is the Isundjen -- a hideous and perverted version of their race, born of cruelty and dark magics. The Isundjen now require saltwater to survive, growing weak and eventually dying when deprived of it for an extended period. Their habitat is the salty Lake Ratamipak, located in the Velaka Desert near the place of their vile origin.

- Terra
Re: A Messenger walks into the Desert carrying a Sealed letter 06/08/2010 08:26 PM CDT
Seems like that is saying they are Merelew. Kind of like Kaldar vs. Gorbesh. Granted, the Kaldar and Gorbesh are supposedly just political differences, whereas these seem to have developed different physical characteristics. Still, whether it is a freshwater bass or a saltwater bass, it's a bass.
Re: A Messenger walks into the Desert carrying a Sealed letter 06/08/2010 08:47 PM CDT
Sounds more like they're Merlew in the same capacity that Adan'f are Shalswar.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: A Messenger walks into the Desert carrying a Sealed letter 06/08/2010 10:57 PM CDT
Thought they were Merelew that were kidnapped and corrupted into those things, judging by the events with the Sand Elf. They just have a stockpile of them in the desert is all.

Suddenly a large group of men in white coats appear and wrestle Grisgonda to the ground. "Awright, Grisgonda!" barks the leader. "Come along quietly now, and you won't get hurt!"