a slender leaflet labeled "Tribe and Tribulations" 01/24/2010 08:45 AM CST

My Kings people,

You may know my name and you might have seen me often; I am Alexii, one of many Rangers under the banner of the Outcast Tribes. For many years now I have fought by your side, and rallied to your calls of aide. I write you now with a feeling of somber hope, one which I hope to explain to you through this print.

I call my hope somber for the note which rings with it is one of separation. When I brought my life to bear in front of our King, asking for his acceptance, I brought my people into his tent with me. While none could be there in person save for myself, they were all there in my words and actions. As I attached the King’s symbol to my cloak, I had done so with the understanding that through my efforts there would be a place for my people amongst our King’s. Though much work and struggle I feel that I have found a home here amongst the desert sands and now my attention has shifted to making home for my pack.

Our King has allowed me to remain in the service of his people; and from my home in the Velaka, I plan to do just that. As the Outland Tribe continues along its path, so to shall they continue to have the face of a friend greet them whenever they find their way to the desert. The efforts put forth by the Wiseman and the tribesmen and tribeswomen under his guide have always had the most amount of respect I could put forth, however it is my feeling that somewhere along the lines we took different paths to the same goal. In respect of the wishes and desires of the people bannered under the Outland Tribe, I cannot continue to be a part of their efforts. They have become a close unit which I feel could do better without the perceived “black sheep” in the ranks.

I suppose most of this would stem from the fact that I personally do not see myself as an “outlander” anymore. While I know some of you will never see me as anything but… I will tell you now that the sand rests side by side my very own blood as they run together through my veins. This is my home, the land my King has given serves my people well, we have no desire for anything else.

While my people are not tribe, I hope that one day you might see them as such. They are not Outcasts, not in the sense of the word which our King’s people use the term. However, we too are in fact outcasts in our own right, chased from the lands of our forefathers and thrust into the wolves den. As we were turned away from every avenue, the King was the only one who granted us the chance to prove ourselves to him. That is our charge now, to show him that we are worthy to stand with his people and share the land which they have bled for in order to keep. My role as Alpha of the pack and the only recognized Outcast Tribesman among my people, I have a personal duty to see that we live up to our test and do so with excellence.

We all strive to show our King the honor and respect that is rightfully his to claim, its just that I feel my time and energy would be best spent guiding this endeavor then to continue under the guise of some outlander ensuring that we are not forgotten. At this time, with so many using the scrap blades we left, I highly doubt any could forget the Outcasts again. But should they indeed forget, the Wiseman’s people are sewn throughout the East and seem willing to remind folks. I will choose to remain inland, and serve my King the best way I personally know how; by being here and not there.

In conclusion, if any of the King’s people have need of me; you all know where I will be. Know that should you venture this way, I remain at your call should you need me. After having a small amount of conversation with our King, he has told me that I have his support in this matter. So barring the removal of said support, this will be my path until the end of my days or the completion of my task.

May your gods smile on you,
~Alexii “Vawn-Acs” Augstawne, Outcast, Alpha of the Augstawne Girene Dzirta

* SPLAT! * You destroy the annoying thing!