A hand written parchment carried to Jappal by a sleek black and white wolf 01/04/2010 08:42 PM CST
Jappal, I know that we have not spoken in quite some time. While this leaves me with a disturbed feeling I write to you concerning another matter. In my travels through the Ranger Post that lies at the walls of the Crossings I happened across one named Athanasius. I seem to recall having heard some where that he was an ambassador of some type, but at the time it eluded my memory as to who he represented. So I thought to ask him, and engaged him in conversation. I have included what I could remember of this conversation at the end of this letter. At first I found him engaging and informative as any ambassador should be as he introduced himself as an Ambassador of the Order of Apostles. However as I began inquiring as to some of the tenants and beliefs of this Order he seemed to become agitated with me. I can only assume that he had important buisness to attend and was pressed for time.
I certainly hope that he understands my questions were not intended to be picking at his beliefs, but rather as rendered with inquisative desire to comprehend his beliefs and foundations upon which those beliefs are based. I know that you usually have more time and scholarly desire to find answers and thought you might be interested in delving further into the beliefs of this order.
The following is my poor memory of the Conversation

OOC: I started out just curious as to what he was an ambassador of and then fell into my questioning nature. Athan if yer read'n this wasn't try'n to question you, just wanted to engage in conversation and see if someone had an answer of more then just "Necromancy is evil."

Athanasius nods to you.
>

>l athan
You see Ambassador Athanasius Trinitarian of the Order of the Apostles, an Elven Ranger.
Athanasius has pointed ears and mismatched eyes, one crystal blue and the other crystal green. His platinum hair is long and straight, and is worn tied back. He has smooth skin.
He is young for an Elf.
He has a large, thick, bristling mustache on his upper lip and a long fuzzy beard.
He is in good shape.

You nod to Athanasius.
>

You ask, "Ambassador from where?"
>

Athanasius says, "Order of the Apostles."
>

You ask, "And they would be?"
>

Athanasius says, "A social order."
>

You ask, "What's the MO?"
>

You say, "If I might ask."
>

Athanasius says, "We promote good and shun evil. No formal military action but we do engage in the protection of Elanthia where ever we may be."
>

You ask, "How do you define good and evil?"
>

Athanasius says, "I would classify us as a service organization more than anything."
>

Athanasius says, "Good and evil is loosly interpreted by each member. the only official stance is that against any form of necromancy."
>

Athanasius says, "The only one i'm aware of that tis."
>
You ask, "So what makes necromancy evil?"
>

Athanasius says, "The desire to harm others in order to serve yourself."
>

You ask, "And how is that evil?"
>

Athanasius says, "The harm others part."
>

You chuckle.
>

You say, "What I mean to say is... how is harming others evil. I often find that I must harm others to gain my ends."
>

You say, "But I certainly do not feel that I am evil."
>
Athanasius says, "I'm really not interested in a battle of whits... or any other kind right now. if you feel necromancy isn't evil that's your perogative and I think it's safe to say that the Apostles are not for you."
>

The journeyman takes a look at the ground around him and says, "Kalika really should put a waste bin in here." <
YEAH WHAT HE SAID

>
Athanasius asks, "Do you harm those who have no desire to harm you?"
>

You say, "I'm an outcast, if someone is in the way of my goal then do what I must to remove them... however as you are not interested in conversation I shall not bother you further, and I thankyou for you pointed and forthcoming answers. I wish you fortune in your endevours."
>
Athanasius bows to you.
>
You bow to Athanasius.
>

Athanasius says, "And I pray that I never become an obstacle in the path to your goal. nor you to mine."
>
Athanasius takes your hand in a firm grip. With a nod and a smile Athanasius places his other hand upon your shoulder. An expression of pride gleams in Athanasius's eyes.
>

Athanasius says, "Be well."
>

Ambassador Athanasius went through an open gateway.

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."