Assassins suggestion 03/27/2011 10:30 PM CDT
If, and I don't know if this is the case or not, a person does not receive a message when he or she becomes a target in assassins I think that would help the game quite a bit. If there is a message I have missed it. If there was a standard messaging that a person could see and highlight/attach a sound to, it should help that 'im hunting i'd rather not worry about getting sniped' reasoning which if people are like me limits its popularity.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/28/2011 04:13 PM CDT
You don't need them to give you consent for assassins. Kill them anyway. If they don't want to be hunted they should leave the game.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/28/2011 04:24 PM CDT
<<If they don't want to be hunted they should leave the game.

Being notified that someone is targeting you is a fair request (I am not sure if this happens or not). The alternative is to keep putting yourself in and out of the target queue.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/28/2011 05:28 PM CDT
>>a person does not receive a message when he or she becomes a target in assassins

Working as intended.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/29/2011 09:10 AM CDT
For this specific game I think that shouldn't happen(the notification message) Especially when you can manually check at any time if you are being targeted. If you are doing something you don't want to be interrupted in, you should take yourself out of the queue. If you are ocnstantly putting yourself in and out of the queue on a regular basis I think you're missing a little bit of the point of a game called ASSASSINS.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/29/2011 11:28 AM CDT
<<I think you're missing a little bit of the point of a game called ASSASSINS.

I think fun and sporting pvp without any of the consent issues not get jumped while braiding vines. Since the purpose is to have have, but that's just my take on it.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/29/2011 08:55 PM CDT
The point is to be on guard; to add a certain sharp edge to the game.

You don't join "the game" and then sit around picking daises with no armor on...
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/29/2011 10:40 PM CDT
>The point is to be on guard; to add a certain sharp edge to the game.

That is not the 'point'. Anyhow, if I wanted to exercise vigilance during long periods of boredom I could go back into the military. It really isn't as fun as you are trying to make it sound.

More people playing and more action makes it fun. My suggestion was geared towards that.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/29/2011 10:48 PM CDT
>>That is not the 'point'.

Yes it is.

>>Anyhow, if I wanted to exercise vigilance during long periods of boredom I could go back into the military. It really isn't as fun as you are trying to make it sound.

If you don't enjoy playing it, then don't.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/29/2011 11:34 PM CDT
>It really isn't as fun as you are trying to make it sound.

Let me know when you get me as a target, I'll be sure to step out of the game because I want to fold paper ducks... Let me know how fun that is.

-The Killer Olvi
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/29/2011 11:52 PM CDT
>If you don't enjoy playing it, then don't.

One line of text alerting you to the fact that you are being targetted is not going to detract from the game. If you don't like it just squelch it and keep typing 'assassins status' if that is what floats your boat.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 12:08 AM CDT
>Let me know when you get me as a target, I'll be sure to step out of the game because I want to fold paper ducks... Let me know how fun that is.

From what I understand once a contract is assigned the mark cannot leave the assassins game until the contract is completed
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 12:10 AM CDT
>From what I understand once a contract is assigned the mark cannot leave the assassins game until the contract is completed

Wrong.

-Reverend Gidien

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 12:13 AM CDT
>>I'd also like to know the rules about leaving the game.

>>You can leave the game if you are not targeted and do not have a target.

?
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 12:18 AM CDT
With the inital release there were people who were not tracking down their targets in a reasonable time frame (at all?). This caused the target to be stuck in the (assassins) game for weeks, even if they just wanted to check it out.

IIRC you can now leave after about an hour of being a target.

-Reverend Gidien

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 05:58 AM CDT
>>One line of text alerting you to the fact that you are being targetted is not going to detract from the game.

Takes away from the (by design) paranoia of the game. Again, if that's not fun for you, there is a very simple solution. Don't play.

If you don't believe that's by design, I encourage you to read the GM posts in this folder. In fact, to make it easier, here's a link:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=13&topic=31&low=1&high=&author=DR-&showrange.x=0&showrange.y=0

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 05:13 PM CDT
I did not say I don't like the game.

You remind me of one of those rednecks saying 'if you don't like it you can geeeet out' whenever anyone suggests a possibly better way to do things.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 05:28 PM CDT
Ahem.

Let's just knock this line of conversation right out before it gets out of hand.

Thank you.

Svafa

___
If you have questions or comments, please email me at DR-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 09:34 PM CDT
::nods::

The funny thing about it is I really don't mind it the way it is. I just thought that might draw more players to the game.

TBH I am kinda disappointed to hear that a target can now leave during a contract. I thought that was a gutsy, cool feature. Any chance of that being re-enabled somehow?
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/30/2011 10:36 PM CDT
>>I did not say I don't like the game.

Sure:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=13&topic=31&message=443
>>Anyhow, if I wanted to exercise vigilance during long periods of boredom I could go back into the military. It really isn't as fun as you are trying to make it sound.

>>The funny thing about it is I really don't mind it the way it is. I just thought that might draw more players to the game.

I very much doubt adding that line is going to draw any more players. Perhaps single digits. People don't join because they just want to hunt/RP/train on their own terms and not be bothered when they don't feel like it. Having that line won't change a thing.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Assassins suggestion 03/31/2011 12:15 AM CDT
>Having that line won't change a thing.

Don't care
Re: Assassins suggestion ::NUDGE:: 03/31/2011 06:17 AM CDT

Kindly find a way to express yourselves constructively, or end it.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Assassins suggestion 04/01/2011 03:27 AM CDT
>>IIRC you can now leave after about an hour of being a target.

It's two days :).

Also I think I was able to fix most of the spells that weren't resulting in deaths. I have not fixed anything bard-related, including screams.

Please let me know on this forum if any spells still aren't causing deaths, if you can find a target.

Over the next few weeks I'll look into the notion of requesting a higher-level target.

I do not plan in adding in a warning for the victim that he's been targeted.

I'm also looking into ways to encourage people to join the Assassins game, which might include titles, rewards, etc.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Assassins suggestion 04/01/2011 04:31 PM CDT
>>I'm also looking into ways to encourage people to join the Assassins game

A score board of sorts would be a draw - (I think?)... I guess it's more just something I want because I play.
Re: Assassins suggestion 04/02/2011 02:34 AM CDT
>>SOCHARIS: Also I think I was able to fix most of the spells that weren't resulting in deaths. (And.. other stuff.)

Thank you so much, I've been looking forward to these changes. Bigger rewards to assassins sounds pretty sweet too...