Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 05:48 AM CDT
Interesting.

> * News 5 36 has information about consent granted by Assassins.

It doesn't seem to exist.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 05:50 AM CDT
Fixed ;)

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 06:09 AM CDT
Oh! Thought of a question. Will the system make an effort to assign you a target geographically close? Or will we potentially need to travel a ways for our contracts?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 06:26 AM CDT
I see someone's a SJG's fan.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 06:35 AM CDT
Pretty sweet release--I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Quick question, can you be selected as a target if you haven't joined the game?

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 07:20 AM CDT
I remember this being discussed when NPC tasks first came out. I am very happy to see it come to fruition.

~player of Gulphphunger
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 07:36 AM CDT
Some of us were able to get targets. Does this mean the game is afoot or should we wait?

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 07:38 AM CDT
Also, the only rule for this as far as restrictions go are the new 5 36 and "there are no limits to what you can do while hunting a person"(to that person anyway)?

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 07:40 AM CDT
One last thing, would it be possible to have the >assassins status show who's targeting you if you've successfully investigated them as targeting you?

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 07:40 AM CDT
This is great, I can't thank you guys enough for doing this. I hope people try it out!
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:06 AM CDT
Awesome! Can't wait to join in!

-=Issus=-
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:13 AM CDT
Please to make assassin verb not have to wait for 0 RT and also not pull from hiding? Thanks!

~ Trem

I'm sharpening my halo into forest thorns // I'm sanctifying pages in the protocols of war.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:14 AM CDT
Yaaay! Let the paranoia begin. :-D

This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went "Durp durp." - Armifer
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:15 AM CDT
> Pretty sweet release--I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Quick question, can you be selected as a target if you haven't joined the game?

NOTE: I have no plans to play this assassin's game nor will I register. If you don't register to play, you should not be a valid target in this game. This IMO would be forcing people into situations they did not ask to be in. My PVP stance is guarded and my understanding is if I know trouble is coming and I agree to take part in this trouble, it's fine. I will say this now, I do not wish to be a target for any assassin.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:19 AM CDT
> Pretty sweet release--I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Quick question, can you be selected as a target if you haven't joined the game?

No.

R> assassins request

No targets within your range could be found.

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:19 AM CDT
Please someone low levels play, I joined with my circle 1 barbarian. LOL. Some other circle 1s join so I dont get paired up with someone uber

//Edwardu Underlove(d), Halfling Bard//
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:23 AM CDT
<<NOTE: I have no plans to play this assassin's game nor will I register. If you don't register to play, you should not be a valid target in this game. This IMO would be forcing people into situations they did not ask to be in. My PVP stance is guarded and my understanding is if I know trouble is coming and I agree to take part in this trouble, it's fine. I will say this now, I do not wish to be a target for any assassin.

It should be obvious that only people who join will be targets, hence the need for a registration period until enough players have joined to get the game going.

You suddenly feel nauseous, as if you'd been doing performance art.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:27 AM CDT
The game will only pair you with people in your skill range. Technically I'm a lowbie, but my circle 15 character can wipe the floor with your circle 1. :-p

This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went "Durp durp." - Armifer
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:27 AM CDT
Sounds like this will be a permanent thing that is always rolling. I think it's AWESOME. Cannot express my excitement enough. Hopefully the range finders are fair and don't allow for unbalanced sandbagging dependings.

Again, call out to all the noobs, low levels join the game!

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:30 AM CDT
I assume Paladin's first-strike tears of shame will still apply when we're attacking our target? Any chance that could be removed, as long as we are going up against our target?

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:46 AM CDT
This is AMAZING. Thank you so much for putting this together!

---

~Kevalia~
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:47 AM CDT
It doesn't seem very 'paladiny' to randomly attack people you've been told to assassinate for no reason.
First strike should still apply.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:53 AM CDT
This is exciting stuff. Can't wait.

BAILOUTS
From each according to his ability, to each according to his lack thereof.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:56 AM CDT
Will the target of an assassin know the actual name of the character who is targeting them prior to the assassin attacking? I hope not--I like the suspense.

__
~Leilond
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 08:58 AM CDT
>>Will the target of an assassin know the actual name of the character who is targeting them prior to the assassin attacking? I hope not--I like the suspense.

Assassins Info:

You have killed 0 targets.
You have been killed by 0 of your targets.
You have killed 0 assassins that were targeting you.
*Somebody is targetting you.*
Your target is a secret to everyone.

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 09:03 AM CDT
Oh also, is it feasible for someone to be a weekend assassin? So I could like, join the Assassin's game Saturday morning and play through the weekend and then on Sunday night stop playing? Or will there be some form of time limit/restriction as to how often you can join/exit the game. I read that you can't exit the game if you're being targeted but does the target on you persist if your assassin logs out, etc.?

__
~Leilond
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 09:07 AM CDT
Yeah, I'd take the first strike hit for this. It's not like I'd be planning to do it a bunch of times a day. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

One question. I read news 5 36. So consent between the two is gone once either of them kills the other. Good deal. Question is, are there any plans to allow requesting a specific target (skill match dependent, of course)? For example, if the system matches player A with player B and A kills B, I'd love player B to have the ability to 'request A' as a target, as long as player A isn't already targeted. Sort of a 'request retribution' type of thing.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 09:08 AM CDT
Amazing. I saw someone talking about something like this the other day but I realize it was seriously being worked on, much less ready to be released. Thanks guys!

>assassin join
Congratulations. You are now elligible to hunt and be hunted by your peers. Best of luck!
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 09:30 AM CDT
is it by circle or how is your skill measured with this?

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 09:32 AM CDT
At circle 1 with barely any skills, I still have no targets in range. :(

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 09:40 AM CDT
i know everything but join is probably turned off
but for assassin investigate (person)- do we need to put in their full name? or will a partial work?

>assass invest power
Power is not targeting you.
>assass invest powerhaus
You can't currently investigate anybody to see if they're targeting you.
>

You can't sell the spectacular view, so why bother to appraise it?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 09:55 AM CDT
>>At circle 1 with barely any skills, I still have no targets in range. :(

Why not use a different character then?

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 10:06 AM CDT
>At circle 1 with barely any skills, I still have no targets in range. :(

Would a low level Empath meet your needs? May as well be crazy in Prime too.

Asbhuan
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 10:07 AM CDT
Because I selfishly value my bard's life more than my noob. :P

re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 10:07 AM CDT
Will there be a post when the game leaves the registration phase, or does being able to choose a target mean we're good to go?

---

~Kevalia~
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 10:10 AM CDT
I know that the use of snipe against other players is generally frowned upon, but I was wondering if we will be at risk of it being taken away if we used it against our targets?
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 10:39 AM CDT
Not sure there's a topic for this yet so found what looks like a small bug. I was targeted and killed my assassin and it showed on their status that they had been killed by 1 of their targets, but my status did not update to reflect killing 1 of my assassins.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 10:40 AM CDT
>>Not sure there's a topic for this yet so found what looks like a small bug. I was targeted and killed my assassin and it showed on their status that they had been killed by 1 of their targets, but my status did not update to reflect killing 1 of my assassins.

>>The Assassins game is in Registration Only phase currently. Please register for the game if you'd like to play. As soon as we hit a good number of players, we'll start the game off. Joining this game is live in Prime only at this time.
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 10:55 AM CDT
hahaha this is great

-Mr. Glemm
re: Assassins! 07/23/2010 11:16 AM CDT
What is the score with assassinating people who are hunting? I know it is generally considered bad form, but the game seems to last for days so I assume joining it means you can expect to be targetted whilst hunting also?
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6