A bear's delivery 10/08/2008 01:17 AM CDT
Rising up on his hind legs, the brown bear grasps the rolled parchment between his teeth.

"Go. Take this to him. You should find him somewhere around the wilds outside the gates of Crossing proper," said the aged Elothean mage. "Go, Bakshi."

The bear nods slowly to Githdem and disappears from his master's view. His travel through the streams of aether is smooth, and as soon as he senses his destination, he focuses on the delivery. With a lumbering gait, the bear approaches the ranger in a familiar fashion. He allows Narren to retrieve the scroll from his jaws, as if the Human were picking a delicate flower.

Friend,

I was literally packing my things to leave the fortress when conditions here grew much worse. After a period of relative calm, the Vykathi have repeatedly exploded from the Hive. Their renewed efforts are salient indeed, and every time they attack, their forces appear stronger and more organized.

The situation is grave. Several of the people with whom I previously met have ventured into the Hive with mixed results. I plan on meeting with them as soon as possible to discuss my findings and what needs to be done to eradicate the threat.

With the earth as my guide,
Guild Researcher Githdem