A perfect place for silversteel-like weapons 09/17/2020 10:22 PM CDT
Now that I've toyed around with the malevolent demonbone staff topped with a hollow-eyed crimson moonsilver skull, I feel comfortable making this suggestion.

In situations where an item shouldn't get what typically counts as T6/T7 stats due to the additional features it has, instead of going the T4/T5 5 density route, which is basically mid or high steel, build the item based on what silversteel would give it. It just feels like a nice opportunity to put something up that's attractive to the folks who don't want a giant telephone pole to swing around.

You get to keep the physical damage (and I suppose protection!) levels down due to the material being 95 hardness/physical along with the density being super low. Heck, it's typically an auction or dispenser raffle, so similar to having density breaking stats on the other end of the spectrum, why not have something actually at a 2 or 2.2 density?

Why do this? Because I've yet to really see an item up on the auction/raffle/end-prize/etc block that doesn't try to be ultra-heavy to become appealing. So why not make something a bit more beneficial/attractive for folks who want something a bit lighter?

Heck, it'll also make the item very durable, and while durability on weapons is practically a vanity stat these days, it makes the item feel more quality-appropriate given what it is.

As a comparison point, here's the demonbone staff compared to my silversteel staff.

Demonbone Staff
fair (5/27) puncture damage
dismal (1/27) slice damage
very great (12/27) impact damage
reasonably (7/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks
decently (6/17) balanced
well (9/17) suited
rather reinforced against damage (11/18)
weighs exactly 50 stones

Silversteel Staff

low (3/27) puncture damage
dismal (1/27) slice damage
great (11/27) impact damage
reasonably (7/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks
excellently (12/17) balanced
poorly (3/17) suited
practically invulnerable to damage (18/18)
weighs exactly 30 stones

the demonbone staff is far weaker than the black staff
the demonbone staff is far less balanced than the black staff
the demonbone staff is far more suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength than the black staff
the demonbone staff does a little more puncture damage than the black staff
the demonbone staff does about as much slice damage as the black staff
the demonbone staff does about as much impact damage as the black staff
the demonbone staff weighs a lot more than the black staff

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.