BLASTS FROM THE PAST 12/05/2019 10:52 AM CST
Is it possible to bring back the following festivals:

1. Feast of Eluned
2. Bacon Man's Birthday Bash
3. Magma Falls Mini-Festival
4. Romancing the Seas
5. Ice Festival
6. Fair Faire Fare

I don't really know about game mechanics and the work it takes, so I'm not sure if this can be done. What I do know is I, along with others, really do miss the "pop-up" short fests. MT doesn't have to be apart of it, auctions do not have to be a part of it, alterations do not have to be a part of it --- just RP and good times.

Thanks for listening.

Lorwryn
Re: BLASTS FROM THE PAST 12/06/2019 11:32 AM CST
I would love to see the Feast of Eluned or Romancing the Seas myself.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil
Re: BLASTS FROM THE PAST 12/07/2019 04:00 PM CST
Let me preface this by saying yes, I'd like to see some of the old fest come back, revamped or not.

But (you knew there was gonna be a but)

I thought I heard on discord or read somewhere & I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that the old fests/events couldnt be brought back due to the way they were coded/worked.

Hopefully I'm wrong & with the changes to the boxoffice I'd love to see some of them come back, especially fests where I dont have to depend on someone whos run an event before, scripts it & scoops up all the good loot before others.
Re: BLASTS FROM THE PAST 12/09/2019 11:14 AM CST
I'm not sure bringing back old festivals is necessarily possible, but that doesn't mean there isn't a possibility of something NEW showing up.

What is it that you miss about these festivals? Is it specific merchants? Events? Something else?

Expanding on what it is you'd like to see gives me a better idea on what I should start planning for the future.

Tullie
Re: BLASTS FROM THE PAST 12/09/2019 01:16 PM CST
For me it's the ambiance and story line. For Romancing the Seas it was the preparation build up of hunting down the pirates. For Ice Festival it was the Merelew and some interesting events, such as ice sculpting,etc. Things that don't have to do with shopping! hehe

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: BLASTS FROM THE PAST 12/09/2019 04:45 PM CST
>>Expanding on what it is you'd like to see gives me a better idea on what I should start planning for the future.

Nostalgia is a big factor for me when I look through the list in Lorwryn's original post.

If I could choose a setting for the next Hollow Eve (or another unnamed festival), though, I'd love to see it take place in an "existing" but restricted/unexplored location. There are places we talk about in the lore that just aren't player-accessible. Let us go somewhere in Albaria, or into Elamiri, or some lost Imperial relic somewhere, or an area that the Worlds Team built but never released. Someplace with backstory and/or historical significance.

- I