War 08/22/2017 07:56 PM CDT
Suggestion: something bigger and longer than the Gorbesh invasion from whatever it was ago..... 15ish years, give or take 3?

We're pushed out of multiple cities. We need to actually band together strategically to retake them. Invader's difficulty depends on logical importance of objective, such that lower circle people can focus on less important goals. Kaerna vs. Crossing, etc.

That sustained invasion/war was some of the most fun I've had, especially the bits about getting trapped (or choosing to stay) behind enemy lines.
Re: War 08/22/2017 09:26 PM CDT
>>That sustained invasion/war was some of the most fun I've had, especially the bits about getting trapped (or choosing to stay) behind enemy lines.

I agree, but a number of player also haaaaaate those.

IMO it might be nice to have some generally unpopulated cities/towns in the game as places to "retake", possibly with T4-T5 rewards as a carrot.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: War 08/22/2017 09:37 PM CDT

> IMO it might be nice to have some generally unpopulated cities/towns in the game as places to "retake", possibly with T4-T5 rewards as a carrot.

That was my thought as well. Declare war on stone clan or dirge. A group of besieged dwarves sounds like an appealing storyline.
Re: War 08/25/2017 08:37 AM CDT
WAR! What is it good for?

Okay, it's out of my system...

>IMO it might be nice to have some generally unpopulated cities/towns in the game as places to "retake", possibly with T4-T5 rewards as a carrot.

>That was my thought as well. Declare war on stone clan or dirge. A group of besieged dwarves sounds like an appealing storyline.

Really great ideas. I like the task system used in paid quests. You could tie it to these warring areas and link it to a new skill to incentivize people. Higher skill would represent reputation or something and unlock the chance for higher tiers of tasks with greater rewards (titles, rare mats, gems, alteration fodder, etc.). To prevent script farming, you could limit the number of tasks that can be completed per day, like limited daily quests in other games. You could also add rare creatures that flex with cool magic item or higher tier gear drops.
Re: War 08/25/2017 11:13 AM CDT

> Really great ideas. I like the task system used in paid quests. You could tie it to these warring areas and link it to a new skill to incentivize people. Higher skill would represent reputation or something and unlock the chance for higher tiers of tasks with greater rewards (titles, rare mats, gems, alteration fodder, etc.). To prevent script farming, you could limit the number of tasks that can be completed per day, like limited daily quests in other games. You could also add rare creatures that flex with cool magic item or higher tier gear drops.

I really like a reputation system with a natural scaling and gating mechanic. Make it a base part of the game. Limit it to one "quest" per day or week or something, so it's not scripted. Give people titles for reaching benchmarks. It doesn't even have to be a new system. Just give rewards in the terms of a custom scrip. You get 1 point per quest (daily) or 10 per week (weekly quest, longer, harder, requires travel). Make it account bound. Put some f2p limits on what can be bought. F2P can only buy character augmentations, not something that can be resold.

Here's an example: Stoneclan dwarves.

* 10 points = Simple title.

* 30 points = More complex title.

* 90 points = Very nice title or entry/exit token.

* 150 points = Amazing title, limited stock, rotates.

* 200 points = Fancy armor pieces. Mostly for "glamour" or "transmog" (if you're familiar with other games) with the sets you can use in the outfits.

* 500 points = Highly desired reward, like a forgebinding voucher.

* 2000 points = Amazing reward, like a mount altering voucher.

Horizontal progression systems.