PC Province Wargamming 12/10/2016 12:10 AM CST
First, I want to say that I'm not even a novice when it comes to navigating what I'll generously describe as a byzantine forum system. Which is a roundabout way of apologizing if this isn't where this topic should go.

All that being said, I've recently been toying with the idea of some kind of inter-province PC-driven action. I'm envisaging something along the lines of a province "green" team defending against an aggressor "red" team (which, I know, is in no way a novel idea). Given the recent (relative) uptick in GM-driven province-wide events, I think there could be some fun, and some decent RP value, in 'testing' a given province's defenses against an outside threat. We've gotten a couple of good teasers about possible upcoming story arcs, and I think a good IC way to prepare for any future events is to simulate an attack of our own. I wont belabor the point, as it's merits will either be evident or you'll immediately think this is nonsense, but I personally would enjoy some decent wide-scope PVP action that has an actual purpose.

This could be accessible to characters of all circles and guilds, although I want to be upfront in saying that I think the 'risks' inherent to both sides should be real (i.e. death). I think we could focus the attacks on the main city centers (Crossings, Riverhaven, and Shard), and that anyone who is in the cities at the time of the assault should considered fair game. Each province could assemble a team, which could also act as the 'red team' for another province, although we could just as easily have a dedicated 'red team' all on it's own. Some ground rules could be established (i.e no graverobbing, etc) although I think the fewer of these the better, common sense notwithstanding.

Depending on how everyone feels about this, I'd of course be willing to propose the idea IC, although I'd be somewhat surprised if we got official government backing all things considered. I could easily see how an attack on (for example) Haven could involve a red team of necro-PCs and a Shard 'away' team, although I think it's probably best to allow each province to figure out the teams for themselves.

I wont be heartbroken if this gets shot down, but it seems like an easy way for us to drive some interesting in-game content without the GM's, freeing them up to plan something big. Or to screw with us while we wargame, who knows?
Re: PC Province Wargamming 12/11/2016 06:10 AM CST
And thus we begin the Military Games of Kermoria!

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: PC Province Wargamming 12/11/2016 07:07 AM CST
It could be a neat idea. Various (not officially sanctioned) iterations have happened in the past and they're usually a lot of fun. AFAIK the violence has always been limited to participants only and you'd almost certainly have to stick with that.

You'd probably have to think of some strategic goals beyond just beating the other team so that lower level players can participate.

I think it's a neat idea. IMO, run with it. =)

Mazrian