I think its time we expand some cities. 11/29/2016 04:12 AM CST

It would be nice if there was some NPC at the town hall whom we could petition to begin construction on A) new places in the city/cities or B) call for more reconstruction on existing spaces, the same way the Empath Guild in Crossing got its new garden.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: I think its time we expand some cities. 11/30/2016 08:57 PM CST

every guild could probably use a retrofit to reflect the ongoings of late -- so I agree.

I am confident that players from each guild would get involved and willing to contribute as well (could spread beyond the Crossing to particular cities etc. -- or start with one city and then shift to the next)

I wonder, if we made a proposal for changes we would like to see that they could make the changes themselves. Or perhaps go city by city.

Incentives never hurt(sort of like the winners of the changes getting alteration for their combat critter)

Here's to change!
Re: I think its time we expand some cities. 12/09/2016 01:08 PM CST
I think it is time to have a massive cataclysm that stuffs us all (we few who remain) into a single province so that development and player interaction is more focused and easier to progress on, but 'eh. What do I know?

Prydaen prayer for the hunt:
http://pastebin.com/fRrP52H7
Re: I think its time we expand some cities. 12/09/2016 01:41 PM CST
>>I think it is time to have a massive cataclysm that stuffs us all (we few who remain) into a single province so that development and player interaction is more focused and easier to progress on, but 'eh. What do I know?

The amount of work it would take to rewrite that one province to include every hunting tier that would otherwise be lost by the removal of all those other provinces hunting locations, including:
1) the diversity of critters for those who may want to hunt undead/constructs/humanoid/box-droppers/etc
2) the amount of space available for people to hunt, including hunting areas that are already in that province
3) updating every quest that takes place outside of that quest ever
4) reorganizing stores so that province has the same range/diversity of items as compared to the world-wide shop market
5) figuring out what to do with everyone's homes
6) addressing any issues in the a province-based justice system now that there is only one province
7) so everyone gets one guild now?
8) probably need more NPC empaths, too
9) how does citizenship and racial locations work?
10) we assume that the province picked would be Zoluren, but oh god can you imagine if everyone had to respect the way Therengians nobility works?

I get the attraction to "just tighten up the game's size so people are less isolated", but there's... lots that would have to be addressed.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: I think its time we expand some cities. 12/09/2016 02:37 PM CST
I like my islands, go away.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh