New Folder For Misc RP Logs? 11/12/2016 07:36 AM CST
I keep running into this problem where I want to show something that happened, but... it doesn't feel "Event" enough to post a log in any of the folders here. It could be a cute or thoughtful conversation, or some silliness that happened on a treasure hunt... But whatever it is, it doesn't seem like it belongs anywhere! Not up alongside the awesome stuff that the actual Events staff have helped along. And I'm sure I'm not the only one feels this way. We have a lot of great people playing, lots of storytellers, but not everyone is cut out for writing news articles or in-character letters, or short stories about their character's experiences with this or that... Sometimes you just want to copy-paste what just happened and share it, and go to bed!

I'd like to see a folder for just the random, day-to-day RP that people engage in all the time. A more relaxed, casual area where it doesn't feel like you're spamming up the forums with stupid nonsense. Most of the time, me and my friends end up making a pastebin and sharing it around between each other, but I'd like to show people I don't know, who aren't using Twitter or Facebook or an IM program. Get my silliness out there to liven up some people's days, and I'd love to pass the lonely hours hunting by reading some logs from other people!

And, you know, maybe it'd get some more RP going, knowing who is active in this day to day nothingness? I'm not always up for RP, but I don't want to turn someone away if they specifically come to me thinking I'll be up for something dumb and fun. And that's why I put myself out there, so people know they can run into me and get some fun interactions (if I'm having a good day.)

Anyway, if there's already a place I should be posting short RP logs like that, I'd like to know where it is! And if there isn't, well, I'd like one, please!
Re: New Folder For Misc RP Logs? 11/12/2016 07:43 AM CST
I'm not a fan of 'logs' in general, if I'm honest.

I would much rather read someone taking the raw log and creating a concise script from it.

And there are folders for that already?
Re: New Folder For Misc RP Logs? 11/12/2016 04:46 PM CST
>>I'd like to see a folder for just the random, day-to-day RP that people engage in all the time.

Let me say first that I would love to see more logs of people RPing. I see that there isn't a specific, dedicated folder for this and having one would be really nice too.

However, please don't let that stop you in the mean time. I think it would be just fine to post in the province folder where you're doing your roleplay, or even Community Events. I know the fit isn't perfect but I'd still love to see the posts!

- Navesi
Re: New Folder For Misc RP Logs? 11/13/2016 07:01 AM CST
You're welcome to post logs in the Community Events folder, even if it was not a scheduled event. I would recommend putting your logs on a service like pastebin so that your forum posts are not huge. Then linking to your log in your post with a short summary.

Aneka
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Aneka@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Helje at DR-Helje@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.