Everyone seems to like Pets! 05/30/2016 07:19 PM CDT
What about a Festival where part of the ongoing setup isn't for your own pet but for a pet for the guild, or perhaps with enough patronage a few different guild halls. Perhaps it's on an going series of events.

First getting some pets, then seeing which one is the most trainable. Then finding the right person for the training, and then ongoing training. Yes, I'm suggesting it could even be partially a paid thing. Though this way it's just ONE pet, one pet that get's to stay within a guild hall, then interacted with for by anyone that wants to interact. Perhaps later down the line there could be plot twists, and perhaps certain ones because of different twists of fate actually have some type of intelligence.

Back a while ago I used to run Thiefly Teach Nights in the den, and when I was trying to find ways to improve the Den, one of the things was having a kitten aged great cat (maybe a tiger or a panther [Panther seems more correct because it's the Avatar of Damaris]).

Thus this is my start of a Brainstorm, for what I'd think would hopefully be something people could get behind, it would be a challenge to come up with a way for everyone's input to be filtered into what is the end choice of all those involved, however I believe it could lead to some good social interaction and general good role-playing fun.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: Everyone seems to like Pets! 11/12/2016 06:51 AM CST
I love this idea! The Empath guild kind of has their own pet Vela'tohr plant now, as well as a badger that lives somewhere in the garden. I named her Grumpystripe. The badger, not the plant. The plant has like 50 names. But you can't interact with the badger. I think she's just a nice nod to the Empath GM, Melete.

Now that we've got guild channels on the gweths, you could do polling every once in a while, asking what animals people might like to have in the guildhalls. Get some suggestions that way, then vote on it during those monthly guild meetings, or email events to set up a date for voting on it. Once the animal type is figured out, take it to the forums and start hashing out details. If there were even a 5% chance I could get an animal of my choosing in a guild, I'd spend hours writing out possible messaging--the grunt work! What happens when you poke it, rub it, kick it (don't!)... Once all that work's done, just need someone to program it, and the code's already there with the plant, right? Sort of? :D

Heck if there's even a 1% chance I could get a family of weasels somewhere, I'd start right now.