HORRIBLE HE EVENT 10/27/2019 06:57 PM CDT
Was lookinjg forward to this event soposed to be fun and challenging but ketting snaged and killed and loosing 500 plat worth of scrolls in your home wile ye sleeping and draining exp the way your soposed to to come back and find yerself dead in your locked home and nobody able to get you and forced to depart....the crapy flex mecanics you all try to cover up by giving ever escuse in the book... with it being this or that you cant flex a creature for ppl or groups and have it a open area where those flexed mobs wander around and kill everyone else who is lower then the person who flexed it..you can keep trying to say that they flex per attack wich is utter BS if they did they would not be able to go from soft and light hits 1-2% to 20% 30% gz hits and 10 15% melee hits with stuns...get yer crap together gona be alot of ppl not buying tickets this year...this is not just me but just about every person i talk to is getting upset at the poor quality of this event.
Some honest feedback on HE. 10/27/2019 08:28 PM CDT
All in all, I think it was an inventive and good event; however, there are some major and glaring flaws which will annoy a non-insignificant portion of the playerbase.

The Good:

- Challenging flex mobs.
You can't just mindlessly farm these things. It takes effort. That's a nice change of pace for those interested in doing so.

- Worthwhile loot.
Rare metals. A few things like oricalcum which you can't really find in other ways. It's not crazy over powered, but it's still useful for niche applications.

- Nice cosmetic loot.
Options for those. Titles, hopefully tickets when they're awarded.

- RP choice.
You pick a side, or play both sides against the middle for twice the work. You get some RP titles. Hopefully there are some tickets like last year when it's rewarded, but that won't be affected by the side you chose. It's just a question of "what would my character do here?" That's nice, and I'd love to see some sort of alteration session planned where they only work with people who picked one side or the other (ideally balanced and run at the same time for equality).

- It changed the world environment and broke the monotony.
This was a change which affected the game environment. That's fantastic. There needs to be more options like this. At the end of the day, this will be a memorable event. That's not bad. We need more like it, but hopefully memorable for the good rather than the bad.

- Tasks required game knowledge
Not a ton, but you had to know where these places were to finish your task. That's not bad.

The Bad:

- Tough vs Over Powered
There were quiet nerfs and modifications and tweaks. Fine, those happen, but this should have been tested more thoroughly before sending it to your clients. The bugs were extensive, and many should have been obvious (tasks not requiring before hand with a wide variety of character levels across multiple guilds.

Also, please test on all guilds at multiple levels. I know this is difficult to do, and some of it may be due to wide ranges of flexing, stats, skills, and equipment; however, a cleric is frankly overpowered, and I played a cleric for most of this event. The experience between a cleric and a thief was night and day. The cleric could be immune to the poison thanks to the spells, deals mass damage to everything in the room, had an AOE save me on webs or stuns or knockdowns, had an easy to cast AOE stun as a debuff, lowers off/deff ability (AOE), ressed immediately after a bad pull into the burrow, and had a massive number of defensive buffs to throw up before the fight. The thief has a few tricks, but they couldn't even use their primary offense or defense due (hiding/backstab) due to the way perception scaled on these creatures. That should have been easily determined if they were tested with multiple guilds.

- Search takes too long.
You could spend 20-30 minutes doing a single search task AFTER it's assigned.

- The task cooldown was pretty long. It would have been nice for chitin and spidersilk turnins to always be an option for points.

- The webs in the burrows were annoying. The time between room moves should have been upped or the hole shouldn't disappear IMMEDIATELY after someone goes through it.

The Ugly:

- Dragging.
This was funny at first, but it got old really quickly. It should only have happened in the main city proper (crossings) and only those who were on the streets. If you're in a home, a hunting ground, or other cities then you shouldn't be taken It's basically an instant death in any of the following scenarios, so having some sort of control to keep playing the game if you weren't in the mood to participate in the event at that moment would be nice.

Examples:
... Not being fully buffed up for whatever reason, such as working on crafts.
... Lying or sitting down for whatever reason, such as being healed.
... RP'ing, even if alone locked within your home.
... Being under the effect of any negative status effects such as a bad prediction, blown trap, or backlash, or friendly spar.

- The webs
Another example that feels intended to stymie players. Interesting at first, but poorly tested. Even if you were at the keyboard, there were conditions where your character could be indefinitely trapped in an area. In the future, I'd recommend a grace period. If a web is hit maybe 10 times then it dissipates on it's own, or you can search it to find the tools you need to get through the trap. Maybe a cocooned body attached or something, similar to favor quests.
Re: Some honest feedback on HE. 10/28/2019 03:42 PM CDT
I don't think this has ever been addressed, and is my biggest frustration with the event.

1) Due to limited availability of healing and punitive death mechanics, players hunt creatures below their ability. This has led to a design where fighting 4 mobs at once is generally not a problem.

2) Because it generally isn't needed, there has been no real development of Crowd Control abilities. DALU, for instance, only sleeps the mob you are currently facing. Most stuns only last for a few seconds. Engagement mechanics make kiting impossible.

What is the expectation for at-level hunting? If the expectation is that we can and should be able to deal with more than 2 at-level creatures at a time, we need CC abilities that last for a minute or more when cast on at-level enemies, or some kind of offensive cool-down ability that seriously ramps damage for long enough to make the number of creatures manageable. An offensive D would have to be balanced against spawn mechanics, because blowing a 5 min CD to lower the number of creatures engaging you wouldn't be particularly helpful if the spawn rate makes them come in as fast as you're killing them.

I understand not wanting the event mobs to flex low and be trivial or no challenge at all, but I think this misses the mark by a huge margin. As is, these mobs need a lower engagement cap, to flex a little lower, or for the multi op penalty to be significantly less for numbers 3 and 4.

Also, since the mechanic already exists with the HE egg, why don't the spider queens drop a searchable sack of loot?