Snatching Mechanics vs Homes 10/27/2019 06:41 PM CDT
Can we make this not happen anymore?

To be fair, I had just accepted a task to collect slivers of tomiek chitin from the broodlings. But still. Was going to take a little break first. Getting kidnapped from inside a locked player home seems a little much.

Was able to hop right back out through the hole.

- I

---
>
go cab
You walk through the door to your cabin.
[Inneth's Home]
Obvious exits: none.
>
close door
You close the door.
>
lock door
You lock the door.
>
With lightning speed, something large and arachnid bursts from below, dragging you into a web-filled, subterranean gloom!
[The Tomiek Burrows, Tunnel]
The tunnel here narrows significantly and the ceiling drops, lending the burrows a claustrophobic feel. Several thick spiderwebs criss-cross the chamber, mildly hindering movement through the area. Broken strands of silk, an articulated limb of black metal and disturbed earth on the ground and the walls ahead indicate that some kind of scuffle occurred, although there is no sign as to whether the melee occurred moments or years ago.
You also see a tomiek-iguji broodling and a recently dug hole in the wall.
Obvious exits: up, down.
>
A tomiek-iguji broodling skitters into the area, looking for resources to harvest.
The legs of a tomiek-iguji broodling convulse in rapid succession.

* A tomiek-iguji broodling lunges and bites at you. You evade.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>
The spinnerets of a tomiek-iguji broodling begin moving in a rhythmic pattern.

The tomiek-iguji broodling begins to advance on you!
The tomiek-iguji broodling advances from nearby and is closing steadily.
>
go hole
[Inneth's Home]
Re: Snatching Mechanics vs Homes 10/28/2019 02:19 PM CDT
Homes, vaults and certain other areas should be safer now.

For future info/planning...

>I had just accepted a task

^This is important. If you accept one of those tasks, you're guaranteed to spawn a broodling (which will likely drag you into a burrow). If you're in a protected area, it delays the spawn. This is to ensure folks can complete the tasks when we're not actively invading.

Zadraes
Re: Snatching Mechanics vs Homes 10/28/2019 02:45 PM CDT
>>If you're in a protected area, it delays the spawn. This is to ensure folks can complete the tasks when we're not actively invading.

Thanks, Zadraes. A delayed response is just what I needed in that situation.

- I