The Black Orchids 02/26/2005 01:41 PM CST
The Black Orchids, the Baron of Therengia's all female regiment, is looking to recruit women of all ages, all races, and all guilds! If you have ever wanted to be a part of a regiment of sisters, this is the place for you.

All positions are open, and there are few requirements. These requirements are:

1. You must be female.

2. You must give your allegiance to the Baron, and to Therengia.

3. You must be willing to be a part of a team, not only within the regiment's ranks, but also with members of Therengia's court and with other Therengian regiments. We are here to have fun!

If interested, please contact me either via pigeon at daeriynn, via a messenger at Daeriynn@aol.com, or come to a meeting after the Statue dedication in Theren on Sunday evening. The dedication is scheduled to finish at 11:00 pm eastern.

Thank you!

Daerlynn Soulmyste
Court Bard of Therengia
Commander, Black Orchids
Re: The Black Orchids 02/27/2005 08:19 PM CST
>1. You must be female.

Is this with respect to sex, or gender?
Re: The Black Orchids 02/28/2005 09:01 AM CST
OOC:

Since I am not sure I understand exactly your question - it can be taken a multitude of ways - the requirement is that your character must be female. The game uses the pronouns 'she' and 'her' to describe your character.

If your character has gender dysphoria, well, that is an interesting role play situation.

Hope that answers your question....

Daerlynn
Re: The Black Orchids 02/28/2005 12:50 PM CST
Hi there Daerlynn. I loved your performance at the Baron Jeladric's dedication ceremony. With that said, I am interested in discussing the Black Orchids with you. I am not extremely skilled but I am looking to join a regiment. And preferably in the Theren area, as that is where I reside for the known future. I deleted your first post on the matter, so how is it again I can get a hold of you to discuss recruiting and all that it encompasses. Thank you very much in advance.

Kileigh Silverarow
Prydaen Huntress

"We are the wind, the hawk on the wing, the soaring spirit of the sky and the patient spirit of the earth. Our gold is sunlight, our gems are flowers, and our life...is the world's." - guild leader Kalika
Re: The Black Orchids 02/28/2005 12:53 PM CST
Hmmmm... should have changed thw words under my avatar before I sent that... oh well..

Kileigh Silverarow
Prydaen Huntress

"We are the wind, the hawk on the wing, the soaring spirit of the sky and the patient spirit of the earth. Our gold is sunlight, our gems are flowers, and our life...is the world's." - guild leader Kalika
Re: The Black Orchids 02/28/2005 02:42 PM CST
Hi!! And thank you for your kind words.

I would love to speak to you, I am usually around Theren or possibly Lang in game. You can also reach me at daeriynn@aol.com, or on AIM at daeriynn. (Yes, that is an "i" not an "L"!)

Thank you!

Daerlynn
Re: The Black Orchids 02/28/2005 03:36 PM CST
>1. You must be female.

Is it a requirement that a recruit remain a female during the entire duration of their service, or only that they be female at the the time of enlistment?
Re: The Black Orchids 02/28/2005 08:23 PM CST
>Is it a requirement that a recruit remain a female during the entire duration of their service, or only that they be female at the the time of enlistment?

Well, while I understand that some in our regiment are such beautiful and wonderful women that you would be tempted to become male in order to perhaps get closer to them, unfortunately you would have to stay female to remain a member of the regiment.

::grins::

Daerlynn
Re: The Black Orchids 03/01/2005 06:08 AM CST
Some men just like tough women.

..or so I hear.

Drex
Re: The Black Orchids 03/01/2005 05:38 PM CST
You only have to worry about being kicked out if they notice the gender switch from female to male.

I am --- Navak
Re: The Black Orchids 03/03/2005 09:07 AM CST
Would it then be allowed to join as a female, and only participate in official events while female, but return to being male on the weekends?
Re: The Black Orchids 03/03/2005 09:15 AM CST
I find this whole discussion a little disturbing...

"I'll prove to you that sword-chucks are the single greatest advancement in weaponology."--Fighter (http://www.nuklearpower.com)
Re: The Black Orchids 03/03/2005 09:44 AM CST
>>>>I find this whole discussion a little disturbing...<<<<

Oh cmon,I remember in the 80's when all those movies lime Porkys were coming out and me and my buds were sittin around watching them....

"Dude,when I go to college I'm gonna join a sorority."

"Um,man sororitys are for girls"

"Thats the point....me,20 girls,some squirrels and duct tape....."

Disturbed now? ;)

Izzit
Master Tanner In Training

>tap my case
You tap an ebony lockpick case labeled "Evil Elf" that you are wearing.

Re: The Black Orchids 03/03/2005 03:00 PM CST
~cackles~

Kileigh Silverarow
Prydaen Huntress

Re: The Black Orchids 03/07/2005 02:32 PM CST
>I find this whole discussion a little disturbing...

I'm not the one who decided to make gender/sex shifting an in-game ability, or the one who decided to create an all-female order. I would just like to be clear on the specific requirements of membership in said order, especially as it relates to sociological expectations and clultural roles, and certain semi-magical empathic abilities.
Re: The Black Orchids 03/08/2005 12:53 AM CST
The impression I got was that you must be a full-time female for the duration of your service as a Black Orchid because you become a member of a team, not just with in the regiment's ranks. Then too, it would be a bit odd to go running to be shifted because something is invading. :)

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: The Black Orchids 03/08/2005 09:27 AM CST
<
Your mind hears someone thinking, "Invasion in Crossing! All Black Orchids to positions!"
<blink
You blink.
<
Zan says to you, "Time to get to work. Ready?"
<nod zan
You nod to Zan.
<prep wtpa 20
You begin prepping your Wonder Twins power.
Zan lowers her head and begins murmuring a spell.
<
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
<cast
You feel your Wonder Twins power activate.
You fail to find your twin but keep the power ready.
<
Zan gestures.
You and Zan cry out, "Wonder Twins, activate!"
<'woman
Zan cries out, "Form of...war mammoth!"
She instantly transforms into a war mammoth!
You cry out, "Form of...woman!"
You instantly transform into a woman!
<practice stretch
You gently crack your knuckles while taking a deep breath, readying yourself.
<'Okay, let's get to work...
You say, "Okay, let's get to work..."

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: The Black Orchids 03/08/2005 10:52 AM CST
>The impression I got was that you must be a full-time female for the duration of your service as a Black Orchid because you become a member of a team, not just with in the regiment's ranks.

Exactly.

And I would stress, this is not a new regiment. I am simply trying to get it active again.

Daerlynn
Re: The Black Orchids 03/08/2005 11:45 PM CST
Dude, Jayna is the female who would be able to take the form of a war mammoth, not Zan. You'd be Zan in this case, but you wouldn't be able to take the form of a woman, because Zan can only take water-based forms, unlike Jayna who takes animal forms. Just sayin'.

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: The Black Orchids 03/09/2005 01:49 PM CST
Phew, I thought just remembering the name of one Wonder Twin was impressive.

Thanks for putting it in perspective. ;-)

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: The Black Orchids 03/09/2005 01:56 PM CST
::slowly back out of the folder:::

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price."--Sun Tzu
Re: The Black Orchids 03/09/2005 03:21 PM CST
Sorry, that made me crack up...

Kileigh Silverarow
Prydaen Huntress

Re: The Black Orchids 03/09/2005 09:36 PM CST
Wait just a minute!!!

Only one of the wonder twins was able to assume the form of an animal,it was usually Jacen (Jacen and Jaina were the wondertwins if memory serves) had to be like a bucket of water or something like that.

Izzit

>tap my case

Re: The Black Orchids 03/09/2005 09:37 PM CST
Okay so it was Zan and Jayna....dern memory.

Izzit

>tap my case

Re: The Black Orchids 03/09/2005 09:49 PM CST
Izzit, you are thinking of Han and Leia's kids.

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: The Black Orchids 03/10/2005 12:22 AM CST
What? We've gone from a stimulating intellectual discussion of gender roles and sexism in Elanthian society to reminiscence of cheesey Star Wars fanfic? You all are bloody well hopeless!
Re: The Black Orchids 03/10/2005 08:52 AM CST
Gang,

Scary as this thread has become ...

I'm going to need to ask you guys to try to bring it back to Dragon Realms war effort type discussions.

Also I'm fairly sure we all know what we mean by a female character, so let's move a long .. nothing to see here.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: The Black Orchids 03/10/2005 03:39 PM CST
>>>>Izzit, you are thinking of Han and Leia's kids.<<<<

Yeah I thought about that because I was so sure the 'twins'names were Jacen and Jaina. And to a point I was right,for Han and Leia's twins,not the ones of the wonder variety.

Guess I just blew my own whistle on my Star Wars geekiness huh?

Izzit

>tap my case

Re: The Black Orchids 04/01/2005 12:17 PM CST
hey nothing wrong with star wars, how long you think its gonna take for the box set to come out when episode 3 hits?

~I hate sand~
The Black Orchids are looking for Triage members! 05/01/2005 03:14 PM CDT
The Black Orchids, the Baron's own all female regiment, is looking for anyone, especially Empaths, that have a desire to work in Therengia.

We are a small regiment of sisters, that wish to defend our lands and our Baron.

Please either see myself or out Lieutenant in charge of triage, Tixa. You may also contact me via scroll at daeriynn@aol.com, or send me a quick message at daeriynn.

Daerlynn Soulmyste
Court Bard of Therengia