Baron's Own Militia 01/10/2005 04:16 PM CST
The BOM is currently under reconstruction. All members have been asked to re-enlist, and we are taking new applicants. We are working on a website now, I will post the link in a few days when it is ready. We are also accepting information for the web site.
Members are expected to participate and be involved in local events. There is no circle, citizenship, age or guild requirement. Applicants are subject to the Commander's discretion.
We will be meeting Thursday, Jan 13th at 9:30 est in the Riverhaven Academy and Sunday, Jan 16th, same time and place. For questions or comments, contact Lionjester at Lionjester@mindmuse.net or IM Lionjester.

~Lion
Re: Baron's Own Militia 01/10/2005 04:43 PM CST
One or both of my characters might be interested in joining up. I play a ranger, and an empath, both primary. Before I would join any particular outfit I would need some questions answered. My biggest questions are, why should I join your particular group, what are the goals of the group (In your case it might be, but probably isn't, the assasination of the Baron). Who do you serve. Who are the leaders etc.

Before I would involved in a group, I want to know what I'm getting into, what I would be expected to do, and who I should be looking to for advice, orders etc.

Mole

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN!
After the stampede the artist Three Solid Frogs got to his feet, retrieved his brush from his nostril, pulled his easel out of a tree, and tried to think placid thoughts.
Re: Baron's Own Militia 01/10/2005 05:23 PM CST
<<My biggest questions are, why should I join your particular group, what are the goals of the group (In your case it might be, but probably isn't, the assasination of the Baron). Who do you serve. Who are the leaders etc.

Great questions to RP in game. Or have we stopped doing that now?

Trebber
Re: Baron's Own Militia 01/10/2005 05:41 PM CST
I don't want this to seem like an attack Trebber, but I don't think we've ever even met in game, so in your case, we never started to RP.

If you want to recruit people, a simple posting of goals, giving an idea of what you are looking for, and what you are offering is, in my mind, a good thing. It gives me a reason to look you up in game. I can RP having seen a recruitment poster from the recent war, and having never gotten around to inquiring til now, but before I go to the trouble, I (The person who plays my characters) would like to know what it is your goals are. Trust me, my character will ask a lot of questions in game too. Just because I like what I hear on the boards, does not mean you will be able to easily recruit one of my characters. It just gives me (the person behind the keyboard) the motivation to look up those responsible for recruiting. If you choose not to do so, that is of course your choice too.

Mole

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN!
After the stampede the artist Three Solid Frogs got to his feet, retrieved his brush from his nostril, pulled his easel out of a tree, and tried to think placid thoughts.
Re: Baron's Own Militia 01/10/2005 08:39 PM CST
<<I don't want this to seem like an attack Trebber, but I don't think we've ever even met in game, so in your case, we never started to RP.

Not an attack at all, my friend. True, we have never met in game. I am not a member of the Baron's Own Militia nor am I recruiting for anything. Just thought that instead of asking questions on the board, that it may be more entertaining for people to RP their interests in the game. Please do not take my comments as an attack either, my friend. It is not my intent. I read about how so many people do not get the opportunity to RP in the game and yet I see so many things discussed on the boards which would be great to do while in the game.

I do understand where you are coming from. But it doesn't take that much effort to have a discussion or two over the gweth.

Trebber
Re: Baron's Own Militia 01/13/2005 12:22 AM CST
The Baron's Own Militia wishes to invite you to our new site. It is currently open to the public. http://militia.mindmuse.net/modules/news/

There is a lot of good information, many links and a public message board. Hopefully your questions will be answered here.
~Lion
Re: Baron's Own Militia 01/13/2005 07:02 PM CST
Very well said, Trebber.

I'd like to let the Militia know that they can always ask anything of me on an individual instance basis.

I'm sorry I cannot commit to more, but I've already proven several times that I can't hold to a schedule in DR.

So, AIM Cagedenerg if I can be of any aid. If Fyriestorme's awake, he'll be at the Standing Stones in the Zaulfung.

Player of Havenites: Fyriestorme, Angelrage(12th circ. Cleric), and (former) Sergeant Racin Sorry-I-Disappeared of Intel
Baron's Own Militia looking for soldiers for Therengia 02/18/2006 05:23 PM CST
The Baron's Own Militia is looking to recruit any and all interested parties to rebuild the unit. We are primarily stationed in Riverhaven, however I would also like to have people on the other side of the lake to assist our allies when they need us as well.

We do not guarentee action or involvement. We are being formed for the defense, and support of the people and the nation. It is my intent to form this unit primarily as a support group to all units, and while we can be in the front line of a battle, I never want us to lose sight of who are allies are.

Any and all interested parties may seek out either Lieutenant Worrclan, or Commander Harome. I look forward to working with you.

Signed,
The Shield Crafter
Harome, until our next encounter
Founder of the unlicensed Craftsman business, The Circle of the Serpent.
CotS catalogue at http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1o6qk/circleoftheserpent/