OOC meeting with GM Nohn 10/31/2016 12:48 PM CDT
This is the edited log of the meeting we had on Oct. 27 with GM Nohn regarding events in Qi. Any part that can't fit in this first post will be in the replies. With that said, have fun reading! (Note: a whole lot more was going on in side chats, etc., and we are all insane, amazing people who may or may not be taking over the world, Whiteburn tried to convert Nohn to worship Drogor, people got sent to Hara'jaal. If you do want to see the unedited madness I can put it on Pastebin.)

Nohn exclaims, "Hey there everybody!"

Nohn says, "So, just to reiterate a couple things in case they need to be."

Nohn taps a huge sign that says "This meeting is OOC".

Nohn taps a tremendous sign that says "No Development Discussions! Violation = Hara'Jaal!".

Nohn nods.

Nazaruss exclaims, "Bah!"

Kasto asks, "So, launch my ship now? have it waiting there for me?"

Nohn says, "We have boards for collecting all your dev-related ideas, where GM Jhustis, who handles that stuff, can catch those ideas."

Nazaruss says, "Tell Jhustis to come host a round table."

Nohn says, "I don't tell her to do anything, or vice-versa, we get along well that way."

Nazaruss asks, "Oh right, one quick small tiny dev thing related to events?"

Nohn asks, "What's that?"

Nazaruss says, "A donation box for the crafted goods to donate to the redthornes and the citizen militia."

Nazaruss says, "Was thinking the palace would be a good spot."

Nazaruss says, "So my back wont ache."

Nohn says, "I have ideas in mind for that. So don't worry, I don't intend to keep you cluttered with stuff for long."

Nohn says, "Also please don't feel the need to stockpile tons of stuff, either. I love the attention to RP, but don't let it interfere with your game play."

Nazaruss says, "Oh I wasn't going to."

Nazaruss says, "But everyone wants to help."

Nohn says, "Excellent."

Nazaruss says, "I mentioned, on the forums, "who dun it" short day event, with planted clues to a murder mystery at the Theater.. I think you'd end up with a packed island."

Nohn says, "I don't consider it pestering, I'm super happy to be getting things rolling in Qi."

Nazaruss says, "But that might be jumping ahead."

Nohn says, "That said, I don't have a fixed agenda for this meeting tonight, it really is just a round table discussion."

(Anlise pulls out her lists of 101 Hamilton References in an RPG and 2000 Whovian Quips for Daily Conversation.)

Nohn says, "Actually scratch that... There was one thing I wanted to toss out there."

Nohn says, "If anybody is interested in taking up the reigns on the Iron Circle, that's totally a thing you're welcome to do."

Nohn says, "For those that don't know, they're the local Official Order."

Dianelle asks, "It's not active?"

Nohn says, "Not to my knowledge, no."

Ephic says, "Not recently."

Shoryu says, "It's sort of in a state of limbo."

Nohn says, "I leave that entirely up to you each/all to decide, but I just wanted to make sure you knew it was a viable avenue for even more player-driven RP."

Nazaruss says to Nohn, "Let me know when there's a vacancy on the Tribunal Council."

Nohn says to Nazaruss, "I'll be getting around to Aesry before long, but I don't know that they're likely to have new elections any time soon."

Dianelle asks, "Where is the actual office for that order?"

Nazaruss says to Kasto, "You can be the next Baron Var'Quel after we dispatch this one."

Kasto asks, "That said, will be seeing even more NPC's active? And will be seeing the other islands "awaken" as you settle more into events?"

Kasto says to Nazaruss, "Nah, I want Kresh."

Nazaruss says, "Oh on that note, I'd like to toss out there what people's feelings are regarding focusing on a single plot and relevant sub-plots, or having multiple unrelated stuff going on at the same time."

Nohn says to Dianelle, "That is a good question, on the location of the order house."

Nohn says, "Off the top of my head I don't know."

Nazaruss says, "If that's an option on the table."

Nohn says, "I'll try to find out though, if people are interested in taking that up."

Nohn says, "And Naz brings up a good topic."

Nohn says, "Let's hash that out for a few."

Nohn says, "Let's do this by order of raising hands, just to keep it orderly."

Nohn asks, "What do you feel about (if you have feelings on it) the idea of heavy focus on a single arc at a time, or multiple smaller arcs that weave together?"

Nohn points at Xionara.

Xionara softly says, "Okay well, first let me say that I sort of view DragonRealms as an interactive book."

Xionara softly says, "With that said, the best books I've read have had a main plot, with several sub plots, making them feel rich and more alive."

Xionara softly exclaims, "So!"

Xionara softly says, "I would say if the main plot is linear and can't involve too much player .. uh.. well, us being able to affect the outcome so much, maybe the subplots could allow for some player.. influence, or even for some players to maybe help out drive the plot. I'd be okay with doing some IC stuff if some OOC knowledge were needed to push something.. for example."

Xionara softly says, "Just a thought. I'm done. I'm sure other people would feel the same about helping things move along too."

Xionara softly says, "And being involved."

Nohn says, "Just to touch on that for a quick sec before we go to the next person."

Nohn says, "I'm by nature EXTREMELY anti-events where players have no real say in the outcomes."

Nohn says, "I believe in GMing as a facilitator of player RP, not a mandator of what happens."

Nohn says, "So yeah, just wanted to let you all know that."

Nohn points at Kasto.

Kasto says, "I agree with what Xionara said about the sub-plots, because these give you multiple times that new players can involve themselves in an ongoing story. So, while a larger plot is good and will draw people to stay longer, the smaller activites bring them here first."

Kasto says, "Thats about it."

Nohn says, "Totally agreed."

Nohn points at you.

You say, "I also like the idea of subplots, because you can also capture people in different time zones. It's been a huge criticism that only people on a certain coast are catered to."

Nohn nods to you.

You say, "And you guys are really working on that, with the Jisi raffles, the timing of your events, etc."

Nohn says, "Definitely something I'm in agreement with."

You say, "That's what I had to say."

Nohn says, "It's tricky with the current crunch for HE, but I do hope to diversify things a lot especially once we're actually into HE and beyond."

Nohn says, "Because I don't like players getting left behind or left out on event love just because they live in an off-hours area."

Nohn says, "Been there myself, feels bad."

Nazaruss says, "Or have kids to put to bed."

Nohn nods to Nazaruss.

Nohn exclaims, "Word!"

Nohn points at Nazaruss.

Xionara softly says, "Or working third shift, like someone I know."

Nazaruss says, "I'm on board with the focus on a main plot with relevant sub plots. I'd like to avoid unrelated stuff unless we've got a necessary lull in the principle current storyline, so like that one-day thing tossed on the calendar so everyone knows it's just a short tangent. To be clear, if something needs to happen on Aesry regarding this current merchant Redthorne problem, for example, then by all means, but introducing somethign new and unrelated on mer'kesh might thin us out a bit much."

Nohn nods to Xionara.

Nohn says, "Very good point."

Nazaruss says, "And on the note of people catching stuff, I personally really like calendared events. I realize it kind of takes away from the spontaneous feel of events, but I'd rather be able to plan to be here, than know I just randomly missed out by 30 minutes."

Nazaruss says, "That's it for me on that topic."

Nohn says, "Being only one man, I don't think we'll start seeing any major -unrelated- simultaneous arcs going on at any one point in the near future."

Nazaruss says, "Hire more GMs."

Simera says, "A little early for Game of Thrones perhaps."

Nohn says, "So basically, if something DOES happen on M'Riss/Kresh, it's likely related to whatever major thing is going on elsewhere."

Nohn says to Simera, "A little, but I SO want to get there."

Nohn says, "And one more thing to toss out there."

Nohn says to Arandrowse, "I haven't forgotten you, you're up next..."

Nohn says, "But it would be a HUGE help for those off-hours folks or folks who aren't around for events that go on, if the rest of you/us could post to the relevant parts of the official boards so people can keep up."

You say, "Hurray for the First Land Herald."

Nohn says, "The Herald is a great thing."

Nohn says, "But they can't always be around for the little incidental/minor stuff that could go on at literally any time."

Nohn says, "So having people also post on that stuff I'm sure would go a long way for everybody."

Nohn says, "Teamwork makes the dream work, etc."

Nohn says, "Okay, so with that said."

Nohn points at Arandrowse.

Arandrowse says, "So one of the things that kinda goes with this whole post on forums, was GM NaOHHI was sometimes using the forums to create more of a story and background depth to her stuff."

Whiteburn says to Nohn, "Thank you so much for posting about this week's events in advance, by the way, and putting them on the calendar. I know there's fun to be had in spontaneous events, but with my weird schedule it's so awesome and I love it."

Nohn says, "I hope to get as much on the calendar as is reasonable, definitely."

Arandrowse says, "I feel the whole team zones, different hours stuff, and just want to put in my agreement with the whole we aren't young gamers anymore, we play when we can, but can't play and be available like THAT."

Nohn says, "Most definitely."

Nohn says, "And that's an angle where I'm sitting on the fence at the moment quite frankly."

Nohn says, "Basically: How should I best get background/lore out there for consumption."

Nohn says, "When possible I prefer doing it organically through IC-means."

Nohn says, "But I do also feel like there's a place for posting it to the boards, etc."

Arandrowse says, "I mean, just to kinda back this up this year has had a LOT of different cool paid 'mini' events and they probably were AWESOME."

Simera says, "Feel free to contact anyone from the Herald if you need an IC outlet on occasion. We do our best to get it out there."

Arandrowse says, "But because of the lead time, and short duration, I didn't really get too involved."

Arandrowse says, "So just wanted to back that point up a little bit more, that having things scheduled allows me to be like, cool I can get that or no I couldn't get that."

Nohn says, "Absolutely."

Xionara softly says, "Yeah it's not a bad idea. As much as players want to be involved, sometimes real life gets in the way too, and you need a way to share the info so the storyline can keep moving forward."

Nohn says, "And it helps ME know what I need to have prepped and ready on a given day."

Nohn says, "Which is huge when there's lots of other stuff like HE to deal with."

Arandrowse says, "I think that hits all my points, other then HE is HUGE, and don't burn yourself out because players want the:."

Arandrowse exclaims, "MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Keroo says, "Like a DnD session."

Nazaruss says, "Exactly like a DnD session."

You say, "Just keep in mind the Witch. If they annoy you, banish them to Hara'jaal."

Whiteburn sadly says to herself, "I LIKE Hara'jaal."

Nohn says to Arandrowse, "Thanks for the input, definitely good points to keep in mind."

Nohn asks, "Did anybody else raise their hand that I missed on that topic?"

Nohn asks, "Or do any of our newcomers want to weigh in about "large single story arc vs. lots of small interconnected arcs?"

Nohn says, "Basically just what I put in quotes there. Do you prefer a single big story arc one at a time, or a lot of little arcs all woven in together."

Nohn says, "General consensus so far is toward the former, but I don't want to leave anybody unheard."

Nohn says, "I think it's fair to say that there will be some of both, no matter which way the majority of things leans."

Nohn points at Dianelle.

Nohn asks Dianelle, "Sup?"

Dianelle says, "I just want to say that whichever you choose, a finished storyline is most preferred."

Dianelle says, "We've had far too many plots that never completed."

Whiteburn says, "Events are all good, as far as I'm concerned, but I think I would honestly prefer the former because I've never really experienced a big storyline arc that wasn't HE related."

Whiteburn says, "Also what she said."

Whiteburn points at Dianelle.

You say to Whiteburn, "You would have loved the wars."

Whiteburn says to you, "I'm so jealous I've never been able to be a part of those."

Nohn says, "Incidentally for those who got here a little late, we're doing this by the raising of hands honor system method."

Arandrowse asks, "Anyone know if that kidnapped scribe from the Elpalzi deal, died of old age yet?"

Nazaruss asks, "Where's Sidhlot?"

Nazaruss folds his arms across his chest.

Nohn says, "Ooh, ooh I know."

Nohn grins at Arandrowse.

Nohn says, "But it's not mine to say."

Nohn whistles a merry tune.

Nohn says, "Okay so that was a really good round of discussion on that topic."

Nohn asks, "Anybody else have a topic they're eager to discuss?"

Nohn says, "Yeah as someone who got caught in a few hanging plots as a player, SO not a fan."

Nohn says, "If you have another topic and nobody else is speaking up on one, go ahead."

Kasto says, "As great as Ratha is, I would love to see more from other locations."

Nohn says, "Me too."

Nohn says, "Ratha is my kick-off."

Nohn says, "But I have plans laid for Hara'Jaal, Aesry and Mer'Kresh."

Nohn says, "For various and sundry reasons I just decided that Ratha was the most logical initial jumping-off point."

Nohn says, "Qi is a big archapelago with a bazillion islands."

Nohn says, "I want to make that fact feel real to players through the course of eventing."

Nohn says, "Note that that is a long-term goal."

Nazaruss says, "Sorta simu-soon-ish."

Nohn chuckles.

Nohn says, "Oh, hold on. I don't mean more day-to-day playable islands where I expect players to set up shop."

Simera says, "At the risk of being banished to the jungle, I feel the dead horse has to get beat just a little more. It is going to be very difficult to get people interested in province-wide storylines when it is so damn hard to actually travel between the islands. In this case, at least, I don't think that we can separate the development aspect from the events side."

Simera just disappeared.

Nohn whistles a merry tune.

Nohn seems to be waiting for something.

Simera just appeared.

Nohn smiles at Simera.

Simera casually observes the area.

Nohn says to Simera, "Your feelings have been heard."

Nazaruss points at Kasto.

Kasto says to Nohn, "So plans for Hara, Aesry, and Kresh. Got it."

Nohn nods to Kasto.

Nohn asks, "Anybody have any further thoughts on events for the non-Reshalia islands?"

Nohn points at Whiteburn.

Whiteburn asks, "Is Landfall/Tref'Bain part of Reshalia?"

Nohn says, "It's an island in Qi'Reshalia. They are not located on the island of Reshalia."

Whiteburn says, "That was it. I just wanted to know if you were going to be involved with it, too, when it's released."

Nohn says, "I will indeed have -some- hand in it. The project of getting it up and running though, is not mine."

Nohn points at Dianelle.

Dianelle asks, "How would you, as a GM, prefer us to give you ideas for events if we come up with something, email to you and the events team, or post in the events boards?"

Nohn says, "Absolutely the best thing to do would be NOT reporting."

Nohn says, "But seriously..."

Nohn says, "I'd prefer they be either posted to the boards (my personal preference) or if you want to keep them more on the hush-hush, email them to the event team and it'll get to me just fine."

Nohn says, "I prefer wherever possible to not have direct me-to-player communication that doesn't loop in other GMs."

Nohn says, "It just eliminates the idea of favoritism on behalf of players, etc."

You say to Nohn, "You could get a Twitter account. Join us."

Nohn says to you, "Ugh."

Nohn says, "I love the twitter folks, but it's just not an outlet that really works for me."

Nohn points at Arandrowse.

Arandrowse says, "I'm wondering if maybe we do a spur of the moment event."

Arandrowse points at Kasto.

Arandrowse says, "This guy is always good for some improv stuffs."

Nohn says, "I'm always up for impromptu events driven by players."

Nohn says, "And if I see it happening, I promise I'll try to do whatever makes sense to help it happen."

Nohn says, "That said, I'm not around 100% of the time, or able to focus on what's going on with every player all the time."

Nohn says, "So take that as the caveat."

Nohn says, "My family sometimes likes to see me on occasion (who knows why)."

Nohn points at Whiteburn.

Whiteburn asks, "Okay, two questions... I'm cheating. First is, where on the forums should we post event ideas? Just in the Qi subfolder in events?"

Nohn says, "Yes, that's the best place."

Whiteburn says, "And secondly, I hope to see a few angles for involvement in plots for those of us who are not quite so... hoerically inclined."

Whiteburn says, "Heroically. Spelling is hard."

Nohn says, "Yeah, no worries there."

Nohn says, "No details at the moment, but I intend to give players angles to get in from all sides."

Arandrowse says, "Ummm... backing up this concept of heroic, I kinda like the soft spoken, do stuff, but sometimes it seems like that gets overlooked."

Nohn says, "There's room for all types, and as much as possible I want to help support that."

Nohn says, "If players are being consistent and I'm able to see that, I will try my damnedest to promote that and make it a rewarding thing to do."

Nohn asks, "Would there be any interest in a sort of "RP reporting form" being set up? Something you as players could go plug in some quick info like "Hey, Kasto did this cool thing at such and such time in X place" so that I could help better keep track of what you all are doing?"

Nohn says, "I'm imagining a google form type thing, where I'd be sharing that with the whole events team on the back-end."

(Long story short, yes people liked it, Nohn will try to make it happen)

Nohn says, "Okay, so..."

Nohn moves forward, then crouches, then moves into a forward crouching position again.

Nohn exclaims, "SHORYUKEN!"

Nohn points at Shoryu.

Shoryu says, "So Naz's idea about the weapon donations got me thinking. Maybe a good way to make sure that everyone has a chance to feel like they contributed would be something along those lines. For example, imagine a donation box that would trigger the next phase in the plot once enough people deposited X amount of Y item (maybe cap donations per player to prevent a single person from completing it solo)."

Shoryu says, "Not only would that allow people in all time zones and playing patterns to participate at their own pace, but once set up it doesn't seem that it would take a ton of GM time...the donation box could just trigger a flag or something when it was full. Sort of like a "community work order" I guess, except it would be unique and tied into a particular piece of plot development that made sense in the storyline."

Shoryu says, "Plus, this would be a way that non-HLCs could feel like they had a real impact on the eventual outcome (unlike the majority of invasions)."

Nohn says, "Agreed, and that's an excellent idea. It may not be something that happens with this particular event, because yes, it requires dev time. But it is the sort of more interactive environment thing I want to see for events moving forward. That needs to be coordinated between me on the 'needs' side and Jhustis on the 'dev' side though, which is why it's unlikely to pop up -immediately- with the current events."

Nohn says, "I'm a very big proponent, personally, of modular/re-useable code, etc. But that's treading into a Dev direction so that's all I'm gonna say on that."
Whiteburn gestures over the rainbow orb, muttering tones of enchantment!

Nohn says, "Yeah, rumors of DR code's uniqueness are not exaggerated... And now swerving back onto Events."

Arandrowse says, "There was a task thing for an HE start a couple years ago."

Arandrowse says, "Where things were gathered and deposited to the gnomes."

Arandrowse says, "Anyways there seemed to need to have some TOTAL quantity before the festival 'opened'."

Nohn says, "I'll talk with Jhustis and see what she can dig up on that front."

Nohn says, "Some things that -seem- like they should be easily reusable though, aren't."

Nohn points at Nazaruss.

Nazaruss says, "There was mention of a changing of key leadership positions."

Nazaruss asks, "Can we expect a list, or will it be PAFO as people start showing up?"

Nohn asks Nazaruss, "I'm not sure I remember what the mention was that was made on that, can you remind me?"

Nohn says, "I mean yes... there is leadership changes all over the place from the events that used to go on back in the early/mid 2000's."

Nazaruss says, "People were asking about older NPCs like the Aesry Council, some of the Rathan Family members we've interacted with in the past."

Nohn says, "I just want to make sure I'm addressing the right thing."

Nohn says, "Ahh right."

Nazaruss says, "Some of the pirates who went poof, etc."

Nohn says, "Okay well, it's sort of like this..."

Nohn says, "In some cases it doesn't make a lot of sense for those old NPCs to still be alive. In other cases I have no ability to regain access to other NPCs. And in some cases, even if I could, I tend to shy away from some super well-known NPCs simply because they were so well known."

You ask, "So .... soap opera reset?"

Nohn says, "And I feel like it hurts more than helps the environment to pull out X who knew your character super well, but the driver not know that."

Nohn says, "Yes, soap opera reset for the most part."

Xionara softly says, "And where it makes sense, do an event to kill off NPCs that he cant deal with that are still alive."

Nohn says, "And yes, as Xionara says, when it comes to what I was talking about before as far as lore/history best suited to info dumps on the boards... that's the kind of thing I mean."

You say, "A mass remembrance ceremony to those sacrificed to Drogor."

Nohn says, "I do want players to have a good grounding on what they should reasonably know as the "man/woman on the street"."

Nohn says, "But I also don't want to ruin any good surprises, either."

Xionara softly exclaims, "Rumor system!"

Nohn says, "Yes, the rumor system feeds into several of my plans. So if you're not, might be fun to get used to using it a little."

Whiteburn asks, "Can anyone use the rumor system?"

Nohn says, "That's something Jhustis and I are going to be looking at, as far as who can interact how."

Nohn says, "I think at some point the Bard-only embargo was lifted to some degree."

Nohn says, "But yeah, dev-ish stuff, blah blah."

Nohn leans against a tremendous sign that says "No Development Discussions! Violation = Hara'Jaal!".

Nohn says, "Okay, I've lost track of any hands that may have gone up."

Nohn says, "Just so you all know, I really don't have a fixed end-time for this discussion, but for the sake of anybody's sanity let's call it at the top of the next hour."

Nohn points at Leucius.

Leucius says, "Personal question of sorts...."

Nohn says to Leucius, "Sure thing."

Leucius asks, "Did you come in specifically to be an Events GM and do this type of thing?"

Nohn says, "I did. I have been Event Team primary since day 1."

Nazaruss asks, "How long did it take from application to contact?"

Nohn exclaims to Nazaruss, "I'm not here to scare anybody away from applying! Next question!"

Nohn says, "Things happen."

Nohn says, "Some training goes faster, some slower."

Nohn says, "It's really hard to pin down what a 'typical' time would be."

Dianelle asks, "I have an odd question and I don't want it to be taken the wrong way. Will we see more NPCs over time that we'll be able to RP around, more than RP directly with?"

Nohn asks Dianelle, "Explain the difference to you?"

Nohn says, "I have a few feelings on things like that."

Nohn says, "But I just want to make sure I'm addressing the question I think I'm addressing."

Dianelle says, "Well. In cough Therengia RPing with the NPCs are not something I'd ever want to do again but years ago some projects and things got started that we were able to involve other people with that didn't directly go back to the NPC."
With startlingly clear words, Ephic explains some advanced concepts of Theurgy. You listen, amazed at how much you still have left to learn.

Whiteburn asks Dianelle, "Do you have an example?"

Nohn says, "Yeah an example would be super helpful."

Dianelle says, "Well, court positions which aren't a pleasant thing really but the people in those positions could then have a staff of people that went all over talking to other people. And I'm not asking for positions. I'm asking about things that could drive futher player RP around ideas."

Xionara softly says, "I think she means any NPC that would drive player RP in some way without them having to be directly involved all the time..."

Shoryu says, "I think she means, instead of the NPC being the center of the show, that he/she just gets the ball rolling every once in a while and the players kinda RP it out amongst themselves."

Shoryu says, "Like Strembin's call for heroes to defend Ratha the other day, imagine if we signed up with him then RPed the actual defense and duties and stuff out amongst ourselves."

Nohn says, "Okay. Yeah I'm totally in favor of giving players more "official" capacities to do things themselves."

Nohn says, "I greatly prefer giving players a deeper investment in what goes on in the places that they enjoy playing."

Dianelle says, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that hobnobbing with NPCs is fun, for some more than others, but it's the player RP that really goes further."

Nohn says, "And yes, what we're talking about here is just the sort of thing I wanted to get the ball rolling on, with Strembin's discussion the other night."

Nohn says, "The way people seemed to get really motivated after that event really charged me back up. These things are absolutely a two-way street."

Xionara softly says, "And needs to be more than just the HLCs affecting the things..."

Nohn says, "And Xionara hits the nail on the head pretty hard."

Nohn says, "I want to help set things in motion."

Nohn says, "Then let you all decide how it plays out, and then see where that leaves us as far as other things that get set in motion from there, or how it affects the landscape of the province."

Nohn says, "A domino effect, really."

Nohn says, "I definitely want to see more people involved."

Nohn says, "And I realize that Qi can be a hard sell right now, for reasons we all know and won't go into."

Simera coughs.

Simera gazes off into the distance.

Nohn says, "But to steal a line from a great movie, I'm mad, so to speak, and I'm focused on a strategy to Always Be Closing."

Dianelle asks, "Plus won't it be awesome to have Ratha known for more than the bank?"

Keroo says, "Never again."

Nazaruss says, "The bank shall not be mentioned."

Nazaruss says, "Ever."

Keroo says, "Ever."

Nohn says, "I'll say it. They shot down my idea for kicking off events by blowing up the bank. I was a player too, after all."

Nazaruss exclaims, "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

Shoryu says, "I'd settle for blowing up the hedgewizard."

Nohn says, "I'll make this one single exception."

Nohn says, "The hedgewizard is in QC. His days are indeed numbered."

Nohn says, "And now we go back to Events."

Nohn points at Leucius.

Nohn asks Leucius, "Whatcha got?"

Leucius asks, "So, this all sounds.. Great. And I'm into it. But what you are talking about normally takes a variety of players. Are you confident you have the interest to pull this off?"

Leucius says, "From the player base I mean."

Nohn asks, "Well that's going to be the million dollar question, isn't it?"

Nohn says, "I can't truthfully answer it because it hasn't happened yet."

Leucius says, "I think so too, I just feel it needs be asked."

Nohn says, "From what I see, the islands still have a diehard core player base."

Nohn says, "And I love that."

Nohn says, "It's my job to do a good enough job for the diehards and the players willing to give it a try, like yourself."

Nohn says, "So that it does expand and improve."

Nohn says, "If that doesn't happen, I feel like that's going to be my fault, not the fault of players."

Nohn says, "And as for my own motivation level, it's extremely high."

Whiteburn says, "I love the islands too. I've tried to spend a lot of time here. I'm just used to being the only one around..."

Nohn says, "What Whiteburn says is a major concer."

Nohn says, "Concern too."

Nohn says, "I know that when active events aren't ongoing, things can be really dead/lonely out here."

Nohn says, "It's not a situation I like. It's a unique challenge of this particular province. And I knew it was from the time I accepted the job."

Nohn says, "It's an uphill battle to get people to call this place home, for very good reasons much of the time."

Nohn says, "But I'm always going to try to do my best with what we've all got to work with."

Nohn says, "And hopefully there will be more people to meet with out here very soon, by the way."

Nohn says, "I'll try to do all I can to get stuff on the calendar, etc."

Nohn says, "Because I feel like that kind of stuff really makes a place feel much more alive."

Whiteburn says, "I just have one more question."

Whiteburn gravely asks Nohn, "Have you considered letting The Great Lord Drogor into your life, my child?"

Whiteburn shakes her Drogor icon at Nohn.

Nohn says, "Drogor has a significant place in the life of the islands, as do Lemicus and Eluned."

Nohn says, "Okay, I think I'm starting to get a bit punchy at this point, so probably a good time to wind down this particular meeting."

Nohn says, "I think it's been pretty damn productive though."

Nohn says, "And thank you all for coming out to be here."

Nohn says, "I really, really appreciate it."

Nohn says, "I'll try to arrange at least one of these every month-ish, possibly more, at other times of the day, to see about including different folks."

Nohn says, "And hopefully they'll start migrating from this spot into my GM office once that gets approved for player interaction."

Nohn says, "My office is indeed a private island."

Nohn says, "It's almost as though I had my eyes on Qi when I was hired..."

Nohn says, "Okay so, a little more info on the Iron Circle thing."

Nohn says, "The current order stuff is here on Ratha. And apparenty their order house "was" slated for Ratha."

Nohn says, "If you're interested in it though, you can post in their folder on the boards and email dr-OrdersGM@googlegroups.com."

Nazaruss says, "Much like you prefer Nohn, if I was going to do something leading an order, I'd want to do something not related to what came before."

Nohn says, "I can definitely respect that."

You say, "The previous plans for the order house were lost in a fire."

You say, "Horrible mishap."

Nohn exclaims, "Though if someone does want to do it, it's there!"

You say, "In the ensuing chaos, the Aesry council put forth a strong bid to have the Order home located there."

You say, "But Ratha isn't so quick to give up its claim to the Iron Circle. Insert conflict."

Nohn exclaims, "I need to go eat dinner. Have a great night/day/whatever it is where you're at, everybody!"