Reflections 07/12/2011 11:12 AM CDT
I didn't know where to post this, so please forgive me if I have the wrong folder.

402 years, 95 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.

Dear Journal,

It has been a long time since I have placed ink upon these empty parchements, but I feel today that what I have struggled with has become clear.

Deep down I know I was betrayed, whom I thought was a good friend ended up joining the very forces I and others were fighting. If he was just anyone I could have handled it better, but the day he told me he was going to show his commission to Aedem was the very day I wrote my council informing them of such.

I was taught by the general when Aedem came to ask for Aesry's allegiance to shark clan that we were to say no deals and we stood valiantly fighting them and tearing down the towers the outcasts had built for them. That is all I know, follow my council and fight the enemy.

Sadness overcomes me as I know my naivite has been shattered. I once thought we all stood together to fight for our homes, to defeat the enemy, but I knew deep in my heart that when they joined with Aedem's crew they not only would be fighting against whom they claimed were their friends but throwing us a huge step back by aiding the enemy.

I choose to just hunt, because I have come to realize that no matter how hard I fight or try to stand up defend homes and fight the enemies that there are always others in my entourage that will decide it's better to have an adventure rather that stand up for what is right and follow council's orders.

Yes, I did seek out Althiras, but never did I once do anything against my council. They had reports from me about those meetings. Had they told me not to seek him out and to avoid him I would have. I was curious, wanted to know why things had occured in the past, wanted to try and mend things. I have learned along my travels that you cannot change anyone, it is in their nature.

So here I stand on this cliff ledge, remembering my conversation with Daython about the pirates. Remembering my travels and remembering that friends can shake the very foundation of beliefs when you stand up and try to be the best Paladin you can be.