Journal Entry: Ramerson and the Obsidian Goblet 05/25/2009 09:52 AM CDT
I write these words with some hesitation, as even now pirates may be seeking me. I felt the need to recount the events that have plagued our fair isle for the last few weeks. We have experienced regular incursions by sea-faring marauders, disrupting the relative peace and safety of Ratha. I recognize the inherent selfishness of wishing for peace when so many other lands are plagued by war, but I wish it nonetheless.

A privateer by the name of Ramerson wandered onto the Green yesterday, seeking his dog, a peg-legged mutt. I recalled seeing this creature just a few roisaen before Ramerson's arrival, and offered to help locate it. As it happened, the dog was found near the Shore Walk. I reported this information via gweth to Ramerson, and he promptly arrived, red-faced and panting. He thanked me, and, as I prepared to leave, he offered a pouch to me as a reward. I accepted the gift and peered inside. Therein was a silver-rimmed obsidian goblet. I thought it an interesting token of thanks, to say the least.

Suddenly, Ramerson seemed to panic, and fled along with his dog. Shortly thereafter, pirates landed on the shore, and began advancing on me. They were skilled swordsmen, and I found myself defending against them with increasing desperation. Reinforcements arrived shortly thereafter, but I was unfortunately felled by an errant fireball cast by a Warrior Mage. Pity, that. Fortunately, Elfverhan was able to drag me to be healed and raised. By the time I had recovered from my brush with death, the pirates retreated, having failed to find Ramerson and "the loot" they were after.

There have been multiple incursions of pirates in the last few weeks, and now we know who they are seeking. I am left wondering what part this strange goblet has to play in all of this. Is it merely a ornate bauble from the wanderings of Ramerson, or is it some sort of powerful artifact? Moreover, are the pirates seeking it? If so, why? It seems ordinary enough, though it can be opened and closed. Strange, for a goblet. I find myself asking useless, speculative questions. Perhaps time will reveal the answers to the questions which plague my mind after this encounter.

- Araine
Re: Journal Entry: Ramerson and the Obsidian Goblet 05/25/2009 02:34 PM CDT
Ooo interesting. I'll be waiting to hear what happens next.

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Spiritual Adviser to the Heretics