First Journal entry (3-26-09) 03/26/2009 07:07 PM CDT
Where and how to begin, I am not quite sure. Perhaps I can write down my thoughts, in this uncertain time, with all that is happening. Perhaps someone down the road can read these words and gain an understanding at least of my perspective and thoughts of what is happening.

Word of what has happened has trickled to the islands and I wonder what will be our fate here. I would joke that Aesry is the land where nothing happens and now I am uncertain of that fact. Will this island and the others remain untouched, will we be a haven in this conflict or will we be scarred like all the rest.

I am torn, I feel this desire to run off and help where I may against this Lyras, but where do I go, whom do I offer my services to? Do I as a citizen remain in Aesry and simply wait it out, training as best I can until the inevitable happens? Or, do I head to Shard or Hib or even Crossing or Theren and offer my services and what skills I have to perhaps help stem the flow before it crosses too far?

My wife, would that I could protect her from everything that could harm her. Do I ask her to come with me if I were to head south? Can I ask her to take that risk, is it fair to her? Is it fair to her to risk myself? I will save what ever decision I make until I talk to her. That would be the best way I think.

Why do all of my thoughts travel towards the gods now..and whether or not they exist? Perhaps it is because of the events that are happening now. From all that I have been told necromancy is an affront to them, yet they stand idly by and do not step in or aid us in any way. My only choice in this matter is to have faith in those around me, whom I call friend and family and to do what I feel is right.

I cannot deny that there is a larger power out there, something beyond what I can see and feel. Perhaps I am vain, but I would see it presented to me so I can believe in it fully. Perhaps it is good I am a Warrior Mage and not a Cleric, these lapses of faith would be horrible for one of them. I also cannot deny that they may very well see images of the 'gods' but then again I can make an image of another person simply from Aether. I am filled with such doubt, and yet I am so sure about so many other things. Would that I could find my path.
Re: First Journal entry (3-26-09) 03/27/2009 09:02 AM CDT
Good show with the journal.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: First Journal entry (3-26-09) 04/25/2009 04:19 AM CDT
I'm loving all the journals lately, thanks for the update Ehon. Wasn't sure if you guys had seen any action at all or not.

-Mvorn