To those I know... 03/06/2009 06:48 PM CST
:the parchment sits upon a table in Kygar's pub in Ratha. :

To my Wife, and those whom I hold dear,

I have traveled south, and I do not know what my future holds in store for me. Word has reached Ratha of this supposed necromancer and his spawn in Adan'f and I cannot lie, I am curious. I would like to see it for myself. I do not know what to think about it. I see many similarities between what this Necromancer is doing and what an Empath and a Cleric can do. I admit it is a bit vulgar, a bit rough, but how is it different that say an empath taking wounds from you or a cleric raising you from the dead, they have simply removed the middle man as it were. I do not know, perhaps when I reach shard I will be revolted by what I see, a gross manipulation of what should and should not be touched. But...what if the Empaths and Clerics came from this...what if somewhere along the line, they had strayed from the path and found an 'acceptable' way to perform these 'miracles'. I understand my curiosity may cost me my life...It may even cost me more than my life, and I would not in good conscience put any of you in harms way. And so, I begin my travels south, alone. Remember my Dear Nyn, I love you with all my heart, and no matter what happens in Shard, that will always be the case. And to the rest of my friends and family...I will keep you in my thoughts and in my heart as well...

Ehon
Signed the 25th day of the 7th month of Moliko the Balance in the year of the Bronze Wyvern.
Re: To those I know... 03/07/2009 01:13 AM CST
>A Blue-eyed tiger striped lynx drops a hastily scrawled note at your feet.

Ehon...

Be careful, some knowledge comes at a cost you may not be willing to pay...

>The Blue-eyed lynx pads off.

>>Karate competitions do not typically involve pummeling the weapon into someone's skull until you find the chewy nougat center.

- Armifer
Re: To those I know... 03/10/2009 12:20 AM CDT
*An additional note is jotted on the bottom of the message left in Kygars*

You must simply see the true nature of things to understand that the dark arts are a corruption of what is natural. You need examine no further than the elba darvagers or frostweavers on Aesry to see what comes of practicing such things. Or visit the ruins of High Hold, laid low by foul sorcery that which no army could ever crush.
Re: To those I know... 03/14/2009 03:27 PM CDT
:a Tiger-striped Cat meanders into Kygars, looking around slowly, hopping up onto one of the tables deposits a letter...hops back down and then swats at the kitten, sending it flying to the wall...a quiet purr escapes its throat as it walks out...::

To my Family and friends,

I have not found any answers down here, only more questions. I have come to question even more so the 13 of Kermoria as well, they seem to have no direct influence on my daily life, or others, save the Clerics and Paladins who seem to claim that they see these deities on a daily basis. I was told I was acting more in the spirit of meraud by seeking proof of their existence and searching for more knowledge of them. Personally I feel it is more a grasping at straws as it were. Some unknown need to have sort of relevance for long gone persons who have passed from myths and legends to deities. With this, I have begun to look at the Albarian pantheon as well...are they real, were they ever real, they have no real influence in my life as well. Has the Ice Mother come again to cover our lands in cold to teach us another lesson? Has Aniek stirred from her long slumber? I begin to wonder if all of these were more tales told long ago to give reason and understanding to what they could not know or understand.

Enough of these thoughts, I will save them for a another debate at another day. I would speak now of the people of Shard, and the atmosphere here...it is quiet here almost like a death pall has settled over this city. I had to travel north to Crossing of all places to feel like I could take a deep breath. I cannot wait until the next few days have passed and we can travel again back to the Islands. I do not know what will happen during our Gathering, I hope only that the Adan'f behave themselves or I feel it will be a bloodbath, many young ones will die, myself included. I have no desire at this point to...release from these mortal coils as it were.

Perhaps I have been searching for a meaning for it all, but what if there is no meaning...What if a Tree is just a tree, and a sword a sword...and for all of its wonder, these favor orbs are nothing more than the manipulation of Life mana or Holy mana and you must partake of some ritual and hallucinate in order to achieve them like some Shaman on a vision quest...Perhaps there is no real meaning in any of it, perhaps we are simply born, live and then die, and there are no immortals, just stories from long ago...I wonder, will there be any stories of us...of this Generation and the things we have done?

I must leave this place soon, this City is causing me to brood, and I do not like it.

Ehon
Re: To those I know... 03/16/2009 06:09 PM CDT
:he sits down on the ground outside of the Entrance to the South Tower in Shard, quietly contemplating the parchment he holds in his hand, and then taking a deep breath he begins to write...:

Father,

it has been a long time since I have stopped to think of you. My days have been filled with studying and fighting, and my Wife takes most of my attention as well from many things. You would like her, she is quite strong, I would have to say that if she were not around, I would be holed up in some tower somewhere reading a book as the dust covers not only the other tomes, but me as well.I have so many questions for you, those I asked and you never answered, and those I never asked but wanted to. It seemed I stopped asking, the day Mother left, and it seemed you stopped caring as well. I wish I could change the past. Had I been old enough, to perhaps step in, perhaps things would have been different. But I ask you now, knowing you cannot answer...Were We Gorbesh...were we Kaldar? Why did we come here, were we refugees? Were you part of the Main army? Who are we, do we have family in Albaria? Do I have family here I have not met?

::he sits there a moment staring at the parchment for a moment, thinking well if you were ever going to say how your feel, it may as well be now...::

I hate you Father. I hate the fact that you hid in a bottle from the day Mom left until the day you fell. I hate the fact that you did not tell me of our family or our past, that you have withheld this knowledge from me. I curse you for it, when I am around other Kaldar or Gorbesh, I feel out of place, as if I do not belong. Why could you not tell me anything, why do I have sneak about searching libraries for what ever information I can glean? I love you to though. You taught me how to use a sword when I could barely hold it, and you encouraged me to ask questions, even if you would not answer the ones I posed to you. You even taught me about devotion, I know it tore you apart when Mom left, but I am still here...and I still feel the emptiness in my heart as well from her leaving.

Goodbye Father...May you find peace where ever you are..and know one day...not soon, I will join you, and then perhaps you can answer the questions I have for you.

Your Faithful son,
Ehon

:he takes a long deep breath, then exhales it slowly, before getting his talisman, and summoning his familiar. Setting the parchment down on the ground, he commands the cat to pick it up, and he sends the cat off to find a random person..while it travels he dismisses it...both cat and parchment return to the void, and perhaps his father will see this letter...::

ooc: I have been contemplating how and what I can do with my character to make these mid levels a bit more bearable, and since he is closing slowly in on his 30's age wise, I thought perhaps now would be a good time to do a bit of soul searching and add a bit of color to him. While in reality no one would have seen this letter except for him, I thought I would share it, and if you liked it, thank you. If you spend time on the islands, and perhaps join in or incorporate yourselves in some way, you are by all means welcome,I would also take some advice and constructive criticism as well, since I am always looking to improve on what I have and what I am doing.