New Taisdon event 09/11/2020 07:51 PM CDT

is this a full blown quest style event or Mt event more like Duskruin ect
Re: New Taisdon event 09/12/2020 06:43 AM CDT
>Mt event more like Duskruin

^ This a new offering in the style of the microtrans events we get every other month.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: New Taisdon event 09/12/2020 09:38 AM CDT
>>This a new offering in the style of the microtrans events we get every other month.

Some additional clarity would be helpful, though. The previous safari events that ran through the MT model had hour passes and either an "all access" pass that lasted the full duration or a "day" pass for the full day.

I'd definitely love to have a "longer-term" pass if it's exploratory like the previous ones, because having to re-enter to hunt/mine/etc more every hour is a bit annoying.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: New Taisdon event 09/12/2020 11:58 PM CDT
>>is this a full blown quest style event or Mt event more like Duskruin ect<<

Taisidon Mystery is a MT event, it's not a box office-esque quest that would run from 1 hr to multiple days. Taisidon Mystery will be similar in format to our other MT events like Duskruin, House of the Revenant Fang, Su Helmas, etc.

Taisidon Mystery will not be like Taisidon Safari.

I hope that helps clarify!

GM Winna
Re: New Taisdon event 09/13/2020 08:35 AM CDT
>>Taisidon Mystery will not be like Taisidon Safari.

Definitely get it's not going to be like the box office safari stuff, but there was also a MT version of the Safari back in 2016.

Is Mystery how the 2016 MT Safari worked, where you bought a pass in the SimuCoin store to hang out on the island for an hour (or 12 hours) and could hunt local mobs, mine/lumberjack, and fight the occasional champion, and the mobs sometimes dropped seastars as the special currency or a rare gem (there were additional MT items that made it easier to earn those, too), or is it more like the current MT events where you go in, do a task(s), and get a reward (seastars/incidental loot)?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: New Taisdon event 09/13/2020 11:30 AM CDT

<but there was also a MT version of the Safari back in 2016.

I'm pretty sure thats the Taisidon Safari she's talking about. Epedia lists the 2016 MT event as Taisidon Safari. So I don't think we can expect it to work like that, unfortunately.
Re: New Taisdon event 09/14/2020 03:01 PM CDT
>>Is Mystery how the 2016 MT Safari worked, where you bought a pass in the SimuCoin store to hang out on the island for an hour (or 12 hours) and could hunt local mobs, mine/lumberjack, and fight the occasional champion, and the mobs sometimes dropped seastars as the special currency or a rare gem (there were additional MT items that made it easier to earn those, too), or is it more like the current MT events where you go in, do a task(s), and get a reward (seastars/incidental loot)?<<

Mystery is not at all like any of the Safari variations (both box office and MT). Taisidon Mystery is like current MT events where you go in, do a thing, and get quest currency.

GM Winna
Re: New Taisdon event 09/14/2020 06:52 PM CDT
Will we have a chance to explore the island at all? Either for this event or a future one? I missed the safaris and always wanted to go.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: New Taisdon event 09/14/2020 08:17 PM CDT
>>Mystery is not at all like any of the Safari variations (both box office and MT). Taisidon Mystery is like current MT events where you go in, do a thing, and get quest currency.

Aww nuts, I loved hunting for island metals. I'm sure the new Safari is going to rock, though. Thank you for clarifying.

Re: New Taisdon event 09/14/2020 08:44 PM CDT
>>Will we have a chance to explore the island at all?<<

There's a thing. I'm waiting for the marketing email to be released :)

GM Winna