custom maker's mark suggestion 11/23/2019 02:31 PM CST
So let me begin by saying I am really excited to get a custom stamp design. So very happy about it, thank you!

One thing that came up after we all started doing this though is that the "base stamp" that Halvon was using was a MC steel base. Obviously, the design is the important thing here, but it'd be nice if we could upgrade these new ones to have a little (lot!) better stats. I would speculate that many of the people on the list handed over stamps with a bit more speed and durability than the average construction/extremely ineffective speed the new stamp base came with.

To that end, maybe a future merchant and/or alterer that could either "forgebind" new stats on these when we provide a basic stamp crafted with the stats we'd want for the custom stamp?

Or add people that get (new) custom stamps to the COMPLEX list at the forging society, so we could forge new complex stamps with the custom designs? We'd lose the alteration on the TAP of the new custom stamps with a re-forging, but since these are lifetime items, it wouldn't be the end of the world to have to see an alterer again to re-beautify them.

Thanks for the consideration!
(Did I mention super happy about getting a custom stamp?!)

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway
Re: custom maker's mark suggestion 11/23/2019 02:53 PM CST
>>So let me begin by saying I am really excited to get a custom stamp design. So very happy about it, thank you!

Seconded, with gusto! While my position on the Armorsmithing board has vacillated wildly over the years, I've managed to keep my name somewhere on it since it's introduction. Having this alteration done amounts to finally snatching the proverbial carrot off the stick. Thank you so much for running this session!

>>Or add people that get (new) custom stamps to the COMPLEX list at the forging society, so we could forge new complex stamps with the custom designs?

I agree emphatically! If it would be possible to buy new COMPLEX instructions and forge another maker's mark with our custom design that would be stellar.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: custom maker's mark suggestion 11/24/2019 12:39 AM CST

>>Or add people that get (new) custom stamps to the COMPLEX list at the forging society, so we could forge new complex stamps with the custom designs?

> I agree emphatically! If it would be possible to buy new COMPLEX instructions and forge another maker's mark with our custom design that would be stellar.

Thirded. This really does seem like the easiest option to keep these new marks from being vaulted and ignored.
Re: custom maker's mark suggestion 11/24/2019 12:53 AM CST
I just wish Halvon would come back. Sadly missed him today.