laborer's drab cotton odaj 05/22/2019 10:18 PM CDT
I suggest that the tie item from Hollow's Eve should have similar properties of reducing weight as other tie items from the examples shown below.

From Droughtman's Maze incidental loot:
You tap a woven georin grass toolstrap that you are wearing.
>look on tools
On the grass toolstrap you see a belzune stone mortar, a smooth belzune pestle, a Wayerd pyramid with a wax label on it, a basalt mixing stick and a wirework sieve.
>app tools
You are certain that the grass toolstrap weighs exactly 5 stones.
You are certain that the grass toolstrap is worth exactly 9020 Dokoras.

From Ties for Things:
You tap a white bourde carpenter's belt that you are wearing.
look on car belt
On the carpenter's belt you see a jagged wood shaper, a carving knife, a rasp, a metal drawknife and a serrated wood saw.
I>app carp belt
The carpenter's belt is incredibly pliant.
It appears that the carpenter's belt can be worn around the waist.
You are certain that the carpenter's belt weighs exactly 5 stones.
You are certain that the carpenter's belt is worth exactly 183106 Dokoras.

From Hollow's Eve Comfortable Rakash:
You tap a laborer's drab cotton odaj that you are wearing.
>look on odaj
On the cotton odaj you see a black-bladed igorat axe, a glaes-edged shovel, a stirring rod, a forging hammer and some sharpened chisels.
>app odaj
The cotton odaj is pocketed.
The cotton odaj is fairly soft.
It appears that the cotton odaj can be worn as a shirt or robe, even with armor.
You are certain that the cotton odaj weighs exactly 325 stones.
You are certain that the cotton odaj is worth exactly 1804 Dokoras.

Thanks for looking into this!
-KD
Re: laborer's drab cotton odaj 05/23/2019 05:19 PM CDT
Is the weight reduced or just not properly calculated on some of the tied items?

Part of me wonders if non-pocketed items are just not properly calculating the weights of things, because they're not "expected" to have things on/in them.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: laborer's drab cotton odaj 05/23/2019 09:33 PM CDT
There are some tie items that are not properly calculating weight.

There are elegant solutions to this, and some that would crush the entire world.

We're pondering the best fix to not crush the entire world, but it is a thing that will require adjustment.

More details when we've got them.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: laborer's drab cotton odaj 05/24/2019 07:12 PM CDT
>>There are elegant solutions to this, and some that would crush the entire world.<<

I say let the world be crushed and rebuilt. Make it part of role play that we can all rebuild it in my character Ften's image.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil