Prev_page Previous 1
Duskruin suggestion box 02/06/2019 04:58 AM CST
While I realize that we just finished HotRF, I thought trying to get suggestions and requests in now would be more helpful than at the last minute.(give them a better chance of being included/considered)

First, I can't overstate how useful I found the crystal task in HotRF. Sometimes you don't want to run the whole quest over and over again to get that item that you really want. This task helped cut out the middle man market of paying someone for their time. I actually spent more/able to get more because of that. I strongly encourage yall to have a similar mechanism for the other MT events because it benefits you. Now it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it is a great option to have especially when offering items that can need dozens and dozens of runs through an event.

Their could have been more of an explanation on what gives out indicentals. Some people enjoy looking for that rare/sought after drop and the lack of what has the potential to drop them was/could have been frustrating.

I liked the drawing aspect for the chance to buy one of the weapons but it could have been started sooner so that people who didn't have a chance could plan what they wanted to spend their tickets on better.

Items I'd like to see from previous Duskruin events:
Hopefully starting this now will help limit the requests halfway through the next event.

Favor savers
Currency exchnge boxes
Exo weapons
Medicated bandage
Bags of holding satchels
Rare instructions (the various imperial hauberk instructions especially and maybe head and hand instructions as well)
The watered steel weapons you put together
Mech mice TM Foci
Resonance casting quill

New items I'd like to see in the upcoming event:
Sling material for fighting mech mice
weapon ring similar to the Prison riot one but with different weapons (maybe one that has a bunch of ranged weapons; sling, bow, crossbow, HT, LT)
Cloths that let you add a flare to your own weapon or armor
Repair kit that repairs all crafting tools once per day
Backfire and or backlash absorbers
crafting material stacking pouch
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/06/2019 10:23 AM CST
>While I realize that we just finished HotRF, I thought trying to get suggestions and requests in now would be more helpful than at the last minute.(give them a better chance of being included/considered)

Now really is the best time to make suggestions since, as you say, it gives us time to consider/implement them.

>First, I can't overstate how useful I found the crystal task in HotRF.

I’d say that searching the Catacombs is Duskruin’s version of this. If you are not hunting a pet, it takes a very short amount of time to do all 10 searches.

>Their could have been more of an explanation on what gives out indicentals.

AFAIK, every aspect of Duskruin gives out incidentals. As for HotRF, I believe kill tasks, traps task, and survival task give out incidentals. I’m unsure if others do or not.

>I liked the drawing aspect for the chance to buy one of the weapons but it could have been started sooner so that people who didn't have a chance could plan what they wanted to spend their tickets on better.

I’m glad you liked this method. The reason it was released so late was the masamunes were always intended as a last weekend release. However, as we approached the weekend, we got complaints that several characters were afk attempting to buy whatever limited release item we put out, as well as complaints that players in non-US time zones had a reduced change at limited items. This raffle was the solution we devised, and it was coded at that last minute. In the future, we’ll be able to put out this style of raffle for limited items much earlier in an event.

>crafting material stacking pouch

Differentiated from deed registers only by the ability to get materials outside of the societies?

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/08/2019 04:03 AM CST
not to be picky but can we please make sure to limit the medicated bandages and other things that make us Empaths obsolete. I'm finding it questionable as to why anyone would play an Empath when no one seems to need them anymore.

In regards to other items, I'd love to see more feature vouchers and alteration vouchers, maybe throw in some adjustable furniture options this time?

thank you in advance for considering not throwing out limited items randomly. The raffle system was great, even if it wasn't an item I wanted.

I second the notion of the crystal approach, whilst not relevant for Duskruin, please do consider it for other events where the main focus seems to be killing things.

Final request.... Please, please, please, please, please do not mess with Ulf'hara Keep. The event is perfect as it is.

Many thanks

~Lady Kintalia Silvermist~

http://silvermistfamily.wix.com/silvermist
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/08/2019 08:12 AM CST
>>In regards to other items, I'd love to see more feature vouchers

I mean, if we're campaigning for Empath love, shouldnt you want those to be additional shifting options instead? I'd much rather go pay someone IG and have the RP opportunities than to just drop 3 bucks into the simucoin coffer for new cheekbones or whatever.

-Nsar
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/08/2019 10:21 AM CST
like they'd let us Empaths have free reign on those kind of feature changes. Wishful thinking that even I know is never going to happen. But hey, if we're asking for the impossible by all means, let us have all those alteration voucher/mirror options and while we're at it let us mess people up to! :)

Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/08/2019 10:51 AM CST
>>not to be picky but can we please make sure to limit the medicated bandages and other things that make us Empaths obsolete. I'm finding it questionable as to why anyone would play an Empath when no one seems to need them anymore.

I might be misreading GM intentions, but there seems to be an explicitly clear intention to move away from Emapths being locked into healers as the "thing" they're known for.

(I also don't think those bandages do enough to warrant general cleanup use, as opposed to emergency situations.)

>>like they'd let us Empaths have free reign on those kind of feature changes. Wishful thinking that even I know is never going to happen. But hey, if we're asking for the impossible by all means, let us have all those alteration voucher/mirror options and while we're at it let us mess people up to! :)

I'm not sure why GMs couldn't have tokens that unlock certain shift options, or sell a high-end limited use voucher that lets an Empath provide a custom shift thing. In the end, the mirrors that provide direct feature alterations are going to most likely be more robust than whatever shift can probably do, but having more eye colors or heights or body types unlocked in shift via whatever device would be fun.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/08/2019 02:12 PM CST
maybe some of us still want to be healers? its kind of a player choice and one we should be allowed to make rather than have our options simply wiped.

I'd love to see the shifting system be allowed to have more creativity and let us do things that mirrors and feature alterations can't. Who knows. Maybe one day but I've got to say, I haven't seen any significant developments for Empaths in decades.

Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/08/2019 07:24 PM CST

<<Maybe one day but I've got to say, I haven't seen any significant developments for Empaths in decades.>>

Then you haven't been paying attention. There has been quite a bit of development for Empaths. They got construct hunting, many tweaks to the empathy skill to make it less burdensome to learn. Better manipulate for creatures. The shock system was made a lot less punishing. Also, just to point this out. It's hard to complain about anything in DR not being updated in decades with the game's current age. There is practically nothing that hasn't changed in the bulk of it's existence.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/08/2019 11:36 PM CST
Still hoping for a stamina regen like the mana/health/conc/spirit.

Vouchers, yes please
Quill - Resonance, yes please

If those exchange boxes could be maybe fixed, they hold so little.

Oh, allow a preview so people can actually test and or document.

Probably would take some work on this one, a device that trains stealing with a twist.
Could be like darkbox, you reach in trying to steal from inside with the chance of crushed/lost hands.
Like the lockpick bags, limited use or unlimited.
Don't think random loot from it would a possible thing, but if so could be pulling out the junk/silly loot.

Just a random thought I had in my tired state.

[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.
Javac exclaims, "You didn't see me!"
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/09/2019 01:49 AM CST
The key word there was significant. Also. I’m allowed to comment or complain if I want to. I pay a subscription so regardless of if I’m right or wrong. I get to comment. Just because you don’t agree with me doesn’t mean I don’t get to comment.

Back to suggestions on Duskruin:

Would love to see more unusual containers or clothing with custom atmos/colours
Would be interesting to see some kind of books, artifcats or old jewellery that has a lore or RP history/tie in

Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/09/2019 07:09 AM CST

<<The key word there was significant. Also. I’m allowed to comment or complain if I want to. I pay a subscription so regardless of if I’m right or wrong. I get to comment. Just because you don’t agree with me doesn’t mean I don’t get to comment.>>

Considering the game is only 20ish years old I would say there has been a ton of "significant" development for all the guilds in "decades". Also just because you pay a subscription doesn't guarantee you get to complain on these forums, but that is for the Board Moderators to determine. I'm not saying you can't comment. You very clearly can and do quite often. I'm just pointing out that you are belittling the work of people who attempted to make a difference instead of spreading unrest when they don't get their way.

As for Duskruin I would love to see some items with a Stone Clan flair considering the location. Fluff items as incidentals that refer back to clan history or even the Sorrow War. I know that is a fond memory for a number of people, and it centered around the area.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box :NUDGE: 02/09/2019 12:45 PM CST
I think we're getting off topic here. Let's stick with suggestions for Duskruin instead of snarky comments at each other.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/11/2019 03:41 AM CST
Playing my Empath, it doesn't feel like we're being replaced by something like medicated bandages, but that could be true in other areas i'm not traveling to.

However, it does give me a sense of importance, when it comes to healing my own wounds. So with that in mind, it would be nice to have something worn that saves me from death-inducing scars. It's reactionary, so we would have to charge it up (either ourselves or with help from another mana source). The idea is that, when the scars around the important areas, like the chest, become too much. Instead of just dying, it could cause the wearer to collapse (lying down would break links), partially heal the scars (just enough to keep from dying), and give you a chance to heal yourself before continuing to heal. I know people will say, "then just pay attention." it's not about AFKing either, it's about not dying due to a mistake. Also it gives something just to empaths, who may get overlooked from time to time. Also as an alternative to charging the item with mana, it could be used to store a spell like heal scars or heal, and applies the spell to the problem area once. That'll create a need for empaths to store a new spell every time it's used.

This is more of a problem with new empaths, but i still see empaths doing this because they stopped paying attention or their empathy pulls wounds too quickly (and they don't check).

As far as any other suggestions, hmm.

What comes to mind would be something that improves a weapon's highest damage stat by 1 (maybe with a cap?) could be useful on crafted items.

I like to carry a lot, so anything that could reduce how much burden i have is nice. Worn cambrinth items with a large mana storage is nice, maybe 50+ depending on slot. More hiders that hide all worn containers, maybe other types of hiders, like for jewelry, worn weapons, etc.

If i remember correctly, last year had weapon pieces you could get, and i assume those would be used again this year? I like the idea of weapon parts you could combine, but one suggestion is to have more swappable weapons. Maybe new weapon parts that could make a weapon swappable, and depending on the parts you add to it, would depend which weapon skills are trained. I would use the ristes as an example, because there were a few in HotRF.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/14/2019 11:21 PM CST
More pie in the sky requests:

Textbooks that train crafting skills. These would work like the current first aide textbooks.
Widgets that train skinning.
Would kill for a widget that trained stealing like the locksmith trainers.
Vouchers for noun changes. You could release a pre-approved list such as backpack/rucksack/pack/etc... can be interchanged; duffle bag/satchel/sack can be interchanged.
Containers that reduce/remove the weight of objects in them.
Voucher to move the slots on home furniture around. Example, your current Bar can have 50 items on and 25 items in. Would be able to make that 75 items on or say 25 items on and 50 items in.
A changeable mirror weapon. SE/LE/2HE or SB/LB/2HB.
Weapons that you can add and remove weight to which would change the stats. Maybe in 2 tiers such as kertig grade and tyrium grade?
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/16/2019 12:20 AM CST
We have a lot of materials now. Instructions of all kinds would be nice. I don't know what's possible to code. But special instructions that require extra materials for hilt ,guard, bow risers ect that allow to choose what they are made of. So if a Horseman's war sword was available you could decide if it had a steel,glaes or kertig hilt ,pommel what leather on the handle when it was finished by combining or assembling the extra materials with the finished weapons.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/16/2019 12:48 AM CST

Private mining area would be a great incidental prize:>
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 03/04/2019 11:37 PM CST

Chickens!
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 03/05/2019 02:36 AM CST
Another interesting idea, an item that'll allow someone to reset their hobby and/or career choices in crafting.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 03/05/2019 05:40 AM CST
salty parrots! who could say no to a talkative companion who occasionally says rude phrases or attacks pirates or even professes a love of tarts.

i know you too want a parrot

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 01/31/2020 09:15 PM CST
A larger capacity masterful mortar would be nice to see as incidental or prize room item.

[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.
Javac exclaims, "You didn't see me!"
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/01/2020 07:32 AM CST

>A larger capacity masterful mortar would be nice to see as incidental or prize room item.

This please. I didn't participate in the last MT but I would on the next for this.

Jalika
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/01/2020 09:38 PM CST
>A larger capacity masterful mortar would be nice to see as incidental or prize room item.

I'd like this too.

Additionally on the alchemy front, maybe an endloot prize that allows you to summon a copy of the 2 mass-prep tools from the Alchemy Societies...the "quick" mortar to crush and the mass pyramid for drying. Thinking of the portable forge wands but for the alchemy prep stations instead...

(and I guess by extension to that idea, items to summon the "quick process" saws from the Engineering society, looms from Outfitting, etc.)

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/02/2020 07:07 AM CST
A manually-charging wayerd pyramid that uses concentration instead of mana.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 02/03/2020 11:56 AM CST
Returning Items: Wands, especially "small bog oak statuette of a man" and "curving bloodwood branch"

New Item: Imperial Great Helm instructions
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 03/21/2020 12:20 PM CDT
Since I got reminded very nicely that Duskruin is coming later this year instead of now I had an idea.

I think monkeys have been done for the last 3 events? I might be wrong, cant remember for sure though. But if so, and a change is needed for the "pets" how about dingoes? Doesnt step on any guilds toes, is TMK not a huntable critter IG & is something new.

I'm not sure how many descripters/verbs/adjectives/etc could be thought of, but maybe look at what rats & pigs already have & go from there? Few less lines of code(maybe?)?

Just a suggestion but if you use it Elizzibiana would like a Velika Desert Dingo please ;-P
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 03/21/2020 09:33 PM CDT
I would like Shear wands and Frost Scythe tattoo please.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 03/22/2020 09:46 AM CDT

I'd love guild themed pets. Something like...

- Bard: Song bird
- Barbarian: Wardog
- Warrior mage: Elemental
- Trader: Something non-euclidean, zenzic maybe?
- Ranger: Falcon
- Necro: Ghost (no one else can see it without certain abilities) or bloody slave (removes the need for a ritual cut)
- Thief: Ferret (can hide)
- Empath: Baby Elephant
- Cleric: Orphan
- Moon Mage: Spire
- Paladin: Squire

Bonus points if they give some small passive buffs to the owner. Maybe something such ask asking [pet] for [item]. The ranger could ask the pet to go find some raw meat. The bard's pet could periodically whistle piercing. The barbarians could periodically infuse the barbarian with inner fire (howl together or something). The warrior mage's would periodically zap the warrior mage with charge or start their own pathway. The trader's would periodically try to convince the trader to free it (verbal negotiation, trading xp). Necro's could act as a small-effect ROC (the weirdness is the ghost, not them). The ferret would act as a one-item lootsack. The empath's would periodically drag in a wounded NPC which has to be healed or dies. The cleric's pet just keeps getting dirty (clean it to collect dust and a small bit of devotion). Paladin: periodically assists the paladin, given them a free smite. Moon mage: A little different in that it doesn't follow the moon mage around. The moon mage sets it down (maybe needs a fresh celestial beacon when they do), and they can use it as a contingency target or use it in conjunction with the 100th circle ability.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 06/02/2020 12:30 PM CDT
Maybe some incidental items like the sheep that flew around your head, but flies that buzz around your head or a mangy mouse that scurries between your feet.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 06/30/2020 06:26 AM CDT
If its true that Ulf'hara isn't going to come back this year, would it be possible to take some of that event's feature mirrors and add them to Duskruin?

I've been looking to get some of the S'Kra Mur feature mirrors.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 06/30/2020 05:00 PM CDT
A duplicate post was hidden. Please do not post multiple copies of the same request.

GM Cordulia
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 06/30/2020 05:02 PM CDT
>>If its true that Ulf'hara isn't going to come back this year, would it be possible to take some of that event's feature mirrors and add them to Duskruin?<<

The plan is to move some of the Ulf'Hara feature mirrors to September's new event. Duskruin is geared more towards weapons, armor, and combat-related items. September's event will have a bit of a mirror extravaganza.

GM Winna
Duskruin Suggestions 06/30/2020 01:28 AM CDT
Some items i'd like to see at Duskruins:

*Wands for the following spells:
-Cage of Light
-Demrris' Resolve
-Heighten Pain
-Heroic Strength
-Refresh

*Blunt tipped darts for the blowguns
*Favor box- rub box for a favor once every X days
*Flying carpet
*mirror katana
*mirror medium blunt (has not been one released before, its way past time for one to be)
*mirror staff
*stacks of shadowbark material and other similar unique materials
*stamina stealing rags for weapons
*vault book for family vault
*Backfire and or backlash absorbers
*widget to heal nerve damage from casting
*Training widget for stealing (B&E is good but a widget would sell and could fill a niche)
*more repair kits for crafting tools like those released at last event
*a weapon ring like obtainable through the prison riot but with ranged weapons instead

Other random requests:
*CharMods similar to EXPMODS which lists any buffs or debuffs to stats and what not (health, mana, conce, stamin, spirit, ...)
*way to increase family vault (even at expense of personal vaults)
*summon-able forge type widget but for engineering, alchemy, outfitting
*portable house portal (tap or rub widget to have portal appear that goes to your home think fang cove jewelry except for homes)
*general worn playable instrument (might as well at this point)
*gem pouch worn in a changable location
*A stamina regeneration item similar to the health/conc/spirit ones currently available
*regen items for right eye and or both ears
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 06/30/2020 05:39 PM CDT
>>The plan is to move some of the Ulf'Hara feature mirrors to September's new event. Duskruin is geared more towards weapons, armor, and combat-related items. September's event will have a bit of a mirror extravaganza.

Thanks Winna!
Sept Event - Mirrors was Re: Duskruin suggestion box 06/30/2020 09:45 PM CDT
Winna,
If you are thinking of adding some new mirrors can I please put in some requests?

1- skra, rak moonskin, Pry, both "nice" and "not so nice" mirrors? I love my skras scarred up snout, would love some more stuff that isnt so pretty.

2- non animalistic races (gnomes, halfs, hums, etc) some not so nice looking features? Flattened nose, not sure if ears can be affected or not so if they can, half ripped off. Chopped hair, think someone giving themself a haircut. scarred face. sickly skin or pasty skin if they havent been added.

And if these cant be added to the new Sept event can we still get an expansion to the HE event with mirrors?
Re: Sept Event - Mirrors was Re: Duskruin suggestion box 06/30/2020 11:53 PM CDT
Nice, I'd love to see more mirrors. I've been kicking myself for missing some of the aristocratic ones. And it's always fun to see others out there with more variety.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 07/03/2020 05:02 PM CDT
I would love to see a Sentinel's Resolve wand, instructions for imperial leather armor and stronger backlash reducers
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 07/04/2020 02:02 PM CDT
A autolooting gem pouch. This would autoloot only gems directly to the gem pouch and work in conjunction with other autoloot containers automatically. If you had 2 other general autoloot containers it would send gems to the gem pouch first, other loot to the other autoloot containers. If you had all 3 autoloot containers (2 general/1 gem pouch) flagged for gems, it would fill the autoloot gem pouch first before sending gems to the remaining 2 general autoloot containers. If the 2 general autoloot containers were flagged to ignore gems autoloot would send gems to the gem pouch until full and then ignore gems.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 07/04/2020 05:00 PM CDT
>>A autolooting gem pouch. This would autoloot only gems directly to the gem pouch and work in conjunction with other autoloot containers automatically. If you had 2 other general autoloot containers it would send gems to the gem pouch first, other loot to the other autoloot containers. If you had all 3 autoloot containers (2 general/1 gem pouch) flagged for gems, it would fill the autoloot gem pouch first before sending gems to the remaining 2 general autoloot containers. If the 2 general autoloot containers were flagged to ignore gems autoloot would send gems to the gem pouch until full and then ignore gems.<<

Currently autoloot mechanics don't allow for that type of individual container functionality, but I forwarded over the idea of toggles to individual autoloot containers, which I think is what you're getting at?

GM Winna
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 07/04/2020 05:18 PM CDT
<<Currently autoloot mechanics don't allow for that type of individual container functionality, but I forwarded over the idea of toggles to individual autoloot containers, which I think is what you're getting at?

I think a lootsack with the capacity of a gem pouch and specific only to gems was more what they were getting at. There's not much point to autolooting gems with a lootsack now since they have limited inventory capacity and you end up having to frequently manually move them into a gem pouch anyway. STOW GEM is just easier to do right now and an autoloot gempouch would just do that automatically and without needing to do the lootsack to gem pouch juggling.

All the other stuff they posted was just secondary stuff necessary for 2 lootsacks with different functions to be able to play nice together.

I'm not sure that I would want one of these personally, however, since handing off a rare gem pouch like this to a random trader for selling would give me pause.
Re: Duskruin suggestion box 07/04/2020 05:43 PM CDT
>and you end up having to frequently manually move them into a gem pouch anyway

I have my autoloot container set to take gems, I just added a "Fill pouch with lootsack" line in my scripts after looting. No need to move anything manually. Just have to keep an eye out so your gem pouch doesn't hit 500 and start to overflow into your autoloot container.

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
Prev_page Previous 1