House of the Revenant Fang - suggestions for mech/task improvements 11/10/2018 08:11 PM CST

Meant to post this yesterday here, but whoops. From Discord:

"[5:08 PM] Lyneya: if anyone has suggestions for mech/task improvements for HotRF now is the time to say so. Once we get past HE, work will begin. Forums is best because we can refer back to it easily."

I personally don't have any constructive task ideas right now to post about but I figured I'd start a thread to get them going. Best I have is "get rid of the dye tub task as a requirement/completely" sort, but I haven't figured out a different task beyond ones that we've already got in the different MT events. Will think further.

As far as mechanical goes - I forget if HotRF is one of the events that teaches things as you do things. I've noticed some quests (like corn maze) teaches you things as you do them, others don't. If HotRF is one that doesn't teach stuff as you do them (other than the kill things tasks), could those be updated?

Thanks!
Re: House of the Revenant Fang - suggestions for mech/task improvements 11/10/2018 09:36 PM CST
I don't remember what HOTRF is, to be honest. Probably one I missed.

I'd like to suggest that kill tasks be either removed, or set on a '5 minutes' timer type thing, where if you're engaged in combat for X time but can't kill, you get completion credit and can move on.

Some guilds have an easier time killing flex monsters than others, though I don't think any can achieve it faster than the 5 minute timer for rejecting the task entirely.

I personally like a variety - being able to search, wave, scream, poke, disarm, build traps, look at landmarks, and do a few different tasks, was nice.

From a meta-analysis part, communicating with players (i.e. Lyneya and management, not coding GMs) should be a first priority. Explaining the event, the prizes, what is already out and what is projected to be out, as well as whether events are planned and when, so that people can build schedules and know when to try and run.

It would be nice if GMs allowed some heavy documentation users early access to update the wiki. The wiki always gets hammered on events like this, and doing a ton of editing/updating on pages that are currently being viewed bogs it down. Pages can be locked or queued, if you don't want to spoil the surprise. I'd volunteer, though I'm not as good as Isharon/etc.

Prizes: Looks like this event was heavily oriented around crafting materials in the past. Might want to make sure to add wood which represents all bow types, and some nice stone would be good. As would armor materials (wood/leather?).

One thing the Maze has going on right now is bloat. I'd love to see some type of organized structure, whether it's by price point or by theme (weapons here, armor there, fun over there, etc.).
Re: House of the Revenant Fang - suggestions for mech/task improvements 11/11/2018 11:25 AM CST
Found it I think.. HotRF = House of the Revenant Fang
Re: House of the Revenant Fang - suggestions for mech/task improvements 11/11/2018 11:58 AM CST

Look at the title of the thread. Re: House of the Revenant Fang
Re: House of the Revenant Fang - suggestions for mech/task improvements 11/11/2018 12:17 PM CST
If it wasn't clear, I was not asking what HOTRF meant. It's in the title (though thank you for taking the time to look it up, I appreciate that). I meant that I didn't remember the event itself. Either I wasn't playing at the time, or the event simply wasn't memorable.
Re: House of the Revenant Fang - suggestions for mech/task improvements 11/11/2018 02:30 PM CST
Hehe, my bad :) Thats what I get for doing 10 different offline things at once. And one of them is trying to get the redskins game on. ;)

Yeah, I dont look at the title half the time. So yeah, heh.