Prev_page Previous 1
Corn Maze 10/14/2018 03:38 PM CDT
So, along with Hollow Eve, we have Corn Maze.

I'm sure there are a million questions we could take turns asking, but here's mine.

Are there prizes you've seen in years past at the Corn Maze, that you'd like to see again?

Is there something we sold that you regret not getting before?

Is there something you've never seen before that you'd like to see? (Caveat - if it requires new mechanics it might end up waiting, but of stuff we have now...)

Tell me the things!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Corn Maze 10/14/2018 03:55 PM CDT
I'd like to see some belts/frogs/harnesses that use the mechanics like these:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Polished_belt_frog

but look a bit different. I know little customization is possible due to how the items work, but I've always wanted to see more items like that around, and I think it's been a while since the ones with non-racial nouns have been sold in shops.

--
Re: Corn Maze 10/14/2018 04:50 PM CDT
>>Tell me the things!

Onmi-hiders

- I
Re: Corn Maze 10/14/2018 06:31 PM CDT
High value items: Climbing ropes (upgrade to unlimited), outfit or hider type items, resource generators (concentration, mana), possibly a tuner (but that entire system seems to have been abandoned).

It would be nice to see simucoins, or simucoin shop items, in the prize pool? I don't think it's likely.

Large containers, like the carryall. Gnomish gadgets to upgrade containers. Alteration scrolls (since you've got your 'ducklings' crew of new GMs).

Raw materials. It'd be nice to buy upgrade stuff from the game, rather than Plix and his infinite resellers.

Self activating magic devices, like wands.

Crafting templates that are novel nouns while using good template stats.

If you wanted me to spend all my money ever you would make a ME template that uses more than 3-4 volume so players can stack stats higher than normal for blindside weapons.

An 'exoskeleton' style suit of armor that taught all armor skills while offering steel/lumium level protection would be nice, especially if you could get something better (upgrade stones?)
Re: Corn Maze 10/14/2018 08:39 PM CDT
Here's my list. I'm deliberately repeating some of the things others have said so you know there's extra interest in those. These are my own favorite items and things that I personally would be likely to buy. :)

- harnesses -- I've been looking for ages for more of these that don't have racial nouns. "Harness" is great, as is "belt." More nouns welcome, as long as they make sense.
- omni-hiders
- shimmering outfits
- feature alterations
- climbing rope
- mana/concentration/vit regen
- large containers, ideally with ties for long weapons
- containers where you can change the noun, with more noun options (I love containers)
- large sheaths that can hold a lot of weapons, like the claymore sheath but with greater weight capacity
- embiggening gadgets
- wands
- medium edged weapons that are super heavy/dense and hard hitting
- medium edged and blunt weapons suitable for blindside/backstab (i.e. not as heavy, think they need to be right at 30 stones)
- flaring weapons of all kinds -- my favorite is staff
- naginata and the other Japanese-themed weapons, with great stats
- kimonos/robes with great verbs
- pens/quills with great verbs
- moneybelts that hold a lot more coins and have better functionality than just "get coin." I know, too much coding right now.
- high-rank instruments that don't require removing armor and are weatherproof. I have to ask. Right now there's just the tabla, and it's not fully weatherproof. Percussions don't have armor restrictions but Strings/Winds do. :(
- windboard
- tattoos!!

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Corn Maze 10/14/2018 10:14 PM CDT
Here's my wish list:

- Magic tattoos
- TM foci (several types if possible)
- Feature/tattoo vouchers
- Astrolabes
- Rare crafting materials (tyrium, audrualm, imperial weave, senci?)
Re: Corn Maze 10/15/2018 02:27 PM CDT
**Wands/spell items that NMU's can use with arcana (Some barrier spells would be awesome so NMUs can stack a few damage barriers like MUs) Being able to unlock/reduce cooldowns with potency crystals would be awesome as well.

**Concentration regen items (generally worn would be great)

**Vitality Healers Worn in areas other than the Neck (generally worn would be great)

**Large, position swappable containers

**Feature alteration vouchers (Doesn't have to be full custom features, but maybe one aspect of the feature list like build/height/etc.)

**Home alteration vouchers for custom home exteriors

**Different feature mirrors (will be glad to provide lists of features if needed)

**Weapon/Armor repair kits

**Room silencing bells

**Some way to hide atmo messaging to a room.

And some forethought on releasing charged items so they can be refreshed with infusers please.

Monster Elec

Community first. Guild always.
Re: Corn Maze 10/15/2018 02:48 PM CDT
-Master crafted consumables that can't be made currently examples include pins, oil, polish, etc. I wouldn't want to spend kernels on these but as incidentals they would be awesome.

-Scroll stackers that hold 100 scrolls (or more)

-Scroll stackers you can WRITE on to add custom labels

-A gadget that converts something worn in a specific location to generally worn.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Corn Maze 10/15/2018 05:57 PM CDT
Some more thoughts:

Not-magical tattoos. I've always wanted something approximating a full body tattoo in DR, or full sleeves, etc.

Self activating magical items: remember that 2 of the guilds CANNOT USE ANYTHING ELSE. So runestones and magical tattoos are 100% useless to those players.

30 stone weapons: Someone else mentioned it, but thieves have a cap of 30 stone for small/medium edge and blunt weapons for blindside (was backstab) - making the perfect 31 stone stabber is useless to the primary audience there

30 stone weapon part two: Ambush slash requires a minimum point value of slice which is in the mid to high range of 'fair'. You cannot appraise this. Giving a thief the perfect stabbing weapon with fair slice which is below the required average is a great way to get me to never buy another real money weapon again.

Weapons, in general: People want X weight. Weapons are Y weight. People gripe. Doesn't matter if X is infinite or 0, it's always not what they want. So how about adjustable weapons. Record a basic matrix of 5 stone intervals of various metal grades and allow players to pick. Heck sell them base weight and allow players to add lead weights to cap.

Gifts from previous HE's: make it whatever the thing would cost in the simushop, in kernels, usually 50$?

Repeater crossbows: they're dumb but people love them.

Infinite gweths: I play a thief. Thieves get caught. I had to buy the crystal set and waste one of the @$%& things because we don't need two and they're bind on character. Or at least a free daily recharge. Most people just buy a billion charge one for 2 gold anyway.

Returned revised sets from old quests: I've been trying to get a 32 mana cambrinth prayer bead set for months.

Healing item: Don't care how where when or why, but allows players to heal without an empath. Not health/mana/conc/stamina/spirit healers. Literal injury cure.

And last but laughable: level bumps. I'd pay whatever for a level 20-50 character of a guild I don't play, just to try it. But I don't really want to haul off and buy one from /r/drsales...
Re: Corn Maze 10/16/2018 11:50 AM CDT
There needs to be a treasure map case!
Just like scroll cases? And some way to label the province maybe? Hopefully? I can dream!
Re: Corn Maze 10/17/2018 07:41 PM CDT
Still taking notes.... :)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Corn Maze 10/17/2018 08:22 PM CDT
Lumber with bow affinities at 99 or greater.

~Engineering Master Ascot Ryuzzaki, Tinkerer of Elanthia
Re: Corn Maze 10/17/2018 09:18 PM CDT
Non-metal materials with various densities and affinities for different weapons.

I'd love a good spear or staff or bow (etc.) that wasn't metal. Stone can make good weapons too.

An item that produces smoking items, and auto-lights them for you somehow.

Lights which can be attached to other items - think of sticky balls of light, or something. It'd be nice to not have to be a cleric to light up dark areas.

Non-premium Jumpy Jewelry would probably sell, make it require infusion stones or something.

Bank items usually garner interest, though I've never really understood why.

An extra spell slot somehow.

Spell scrolls - randomized but by category (so augment/holy, TM/elemental etc.) so that players can at least have some chance of grabbing a great scroll only spell for their guild. Or can minimize risk of getting a scroll they can't use.

A spear/staff swap. The only ones in the game right now are from the Ross's keep, weight a ton, take a week to make, and have terrible stats for the weight.

Something to reduce the overall length of an item (it's magic, I don't care). So many cool spears and staves floating around that are 17 miles long and won't fit into any container.

Thug powder generator: everyone wants to vanish in a cloud of smoke. These have been tinkered with before but it was a ridiculous volume of powders for a massive price. They're consumed items. This needs to be a 'get one random powder per day' type item, with 0 risk of ruining the powder.

Hrm. Something that set your current guild to 'none' would be interesting. Basically keep your skills and join a different guild. It'd have to be expensive. And limited to 1 per account?

RP based items, like the ugly stick. Or language translation hats. Insult stick. Fun silly things.

A cleric item for water/wine/incense/lighter/bead holding and carving would be nice. Or just a cleric item which could convert holy water into holy incense or wine a few times a day (incense self-light for bonus points).

Prayer rugs.

Prayer badges, already filled out. The convenience would be nice. Especially if they're nice badges and include the 'Old Temple' altar which is not something people can even get any more (it means old players permanently have more altars, which directly boosts devotion).
Re: Corn Maze 10/17/2018 09:24 PM CDT
One more:

Forgebinding.

It's a thing. It exists.

I'd love to have 'cheap' alterations. Just let players buy a ticket, post 3-5 time slots a day where a GM will man a handful of the machines, and let players go at it.

So many really cool festival or random/rare items that simply aren't usable because of stats. So many generic boring 'steel broadswords'...
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 12:32 AM CDT
>>An item that produces smoking items, and auto-lights them for you somehow.

Ooh, +1 to this. A stacking container for smoking items (cigars or cigarillos) would be amazing on its own. That also reminds me, I loved the tea fob (where you rub to produce teas), and I was hoping to get a food-producing table.

Also some more +1s and new ideas:

- worn gaethzen
- TM foci
- thug powder -- maybe a type that doesn't get destroyed so easily?? This is the stuff that reveals hidden/invis people, etc.
- a magnifying glass -- ok this is just fluff for me
- a swappable spear/staff would be neat, but for me I'd want to see a swappable staff/pike staff (so they're both Staves but with a focus on piercing or no)
- historical items with recalls -- so sad that almost nothing has a recall

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 10:27 AM CDT
Offensive Magic Wands (perhaps utilizing Arcana checks), like the oak wand marred with burn marks that cast fireball from the first Drathrok Assemblage https://elanthipedia.play.net/Drathrok%27s_Assemblage_(1) . Infusable and Warrior Mage rechargeable please.

Self-buff wands that you can wave at yourself and at allies for effect (cooldowns permitting).

Spiffy wand cases for said wands. Would also be acceptable in magic ring form.

Sanowret Crystals of different positions and colors.

The clothing that takes on the characteristics of gems placed inside them.

Spiritgems.

Nightstones.

General worn Gaethzen

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weapon:Pale_oak_rod_capped_with_a_blue_glass_teardrop If this item is released again, perhaps you could increase how many charges it can be infused with? (I believe it was recently updated so that it could be rechargeable like a lot of other things) Also, perhaps make it rechargeable by Warrior Mages with an Arcana skillcheck? (Maybe by Bards with a higher skill check).

Potency Crystals and Infuser stones.

All the past armor that was available (those are really nice pieces).

Alteration material

Definitely not past Hollows Eve main gifts.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 10:31 AM CDT
And a Crossbow that can morph into a Bow that can morph into a Sling.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 04:34 PM CDT
>>And a Crossbow that can morph into a Bow that can morph into a Sling.

Not really sure how a crossbow could morph into a bow or sling, magic I guess? Being able to "swap" a stonebow into a sling would be cool though.
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 05:26 PM CDT
An item I suggested on crowdsource, that allows someone to see their internal wounds. Can be upgraded with crystals to see all and lower cooldown time to use.

[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.
Javac exclaims, "You didn't see me!"
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 05:35 PM CDT
>An item I suggested on crowdsource, that allows someone to see their internal wounds. Can be upgraded with crystals to see all and lower cooldown time to use.

Just FYI, any cool down, at all, on this would preclude me from buying it.

Internal wounds are such a player-punishing system with no good aspect, and being able to see them doesn't give a benefit aside from someone using non-empath healing, which is already massively penalized into useless because...empaths.
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 07:53 PM CDT
Thinking some more, so more to add!

- generally worn sanowret crystals, or the regular type at a lower cost.
- magical fluff. For example, I have this ancient globe that will coat me in frost momentarily. Let me invoke things to make some magical electricity spark through my fingers, or hair stand on end, or a chill wind blow, etc.
- the internal wounds checker would be really neat.
- spiritgem. I have always wanted one for Navesi. I actually attended that HE but somehow missed getting one and it makes me sad. :(
- a wand base item I could use to alter into a TM focus would be great.

- Navesi

Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 09:50 PM CDT
Cooldown wouldn't really be an issue, it was suggestion. In reality of using it, how often would you need to check?
It was a thought and she was asking, that is all.

[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.
Javac exclaims, "You didn't see me!"
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 10:08 PM CDT
I’d really like for the jewelry shop that had the empty gem settings to come back. Those were pretty cool. I also have about 47474946482926 tarinas and would like to have something to put them in.

Monster Elec

Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 11:19 PM CDT
>spiritgem. I have always wanted one

If they don't back I'll give you the one I have! :D

>a wand base item I could use to alter

If they also don't have this, I MIGHT give you the one I have... (holds out that one day it'll be magical again)

Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 11:27 PM CDT
Sigilated rings of each flavor, electric and aether costing more.

Just you wait, I am growing stronger.
Re: Corn Maze 10/18/2018 11:56 PM CDT

More mastercrafted 11/11 speed tools for more crafts.
That "ring/toolbox" that was talked about for crafting tools that stored your tools and allowed you to flip to them then use them without having to get them and put them away over and over.
Auto return thrown weapons/a magic string to turn thrown weapons into auto returners
Buff wands are nice and I second the suggestion for allowing them to be upgraded so you only need one wand or just wands that cost more that have a CD = buff time
Something to hold your buff wands to cast them all at once(this miiiight be not ok balance wise)
More magic tattoos
More atmo stuff because I'm a monster
General worn regen stuff
Stamina regen stuff
A device to reconfigure a containers holding size/weight. Would be nice to turn some of the cooler container nouns/descriptions into the more modern larger sized bags. Still need to be upgraded for max size and all just give a better base to work with.
I also second the idea of an device that turns a container into a generally worn one
Weight reducing bags
weight reducing crafting supply stackers
Re: Corn Maze 10/19/2018 05:59 AM CDT
Something to modify luck.

That system was basically run out then quietly murdered behind the tool shed when they thought no one was looking.

Either a static boost, or an item with equal odds of landing on any particular non-negative value.
Re: Corn Maze 10/19/2018 09:41 AM CDT
Weight reduction is something DR is severely lacking in in the way of enchantments. Would be nice if there was something akin to the Gnomish gadget that would apply weight reduction to a container.

Speaking of gadgets, being able to use them on containers other than main packs would be nice. Expanding a sheathe, baldric, or harness would be ideal.

Monster Elec

Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 05:16 AM CDT
Feature mirrors, feature mirrors, feature mirrors!

Seriously, these are my favorite thing ever. Plus, it's the only way a certain forsaken subset of players can change their appearance. Just please, offer us more normal options as well. I feel like the last presentation of mirrors was too heavily split between goofy/ugly and over-the-top slu-er..."sexy."

Also -
More items that show up in features. Goggles, glasses, hair and beard jewelry, piercings, veils, headdresses, etc.
Omnihiders (not just shimmer outfits)

Thank you!
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 10:59 AM CDT
Feature changers that can be used by the hairless.. I know I know S'kra'ur dont have ears or lips but we do have tails, toes, fingers, ridges/crests. Togs are well togs, they have ears & lips.

I do wish the uaros were restricted to S'kra though, it still bugs me a bit when I see pry/rak/gnomes/etc, everyone but s'kra'ur or possibly elves walking around in them.
Humm cultural appropriation?? (grins & laughs so dont take that too seriously but still)

So maybe next year some of the new staff or the more experienced staff might take a look into other racial appropriate wear so folks can take from those races too :)
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 01:13 PM CDT
Still taking notes and finding some inspiration for stuff we can actually do.

:)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 03:38 PM CDT
If there will be feature mirrors that change hair, have them also work on MANES as well? "Hair/mane" should be interchangable in the code. Prydaen can use hairbrushes, the verb for braiding, unbraiding, etc, all use "hair" even though the messaging uses "mane".

Generally worn items that allow you to understand and speak only ONE other language. One version of the item for each language, example: a windsteel [noun] for Gorbesh language. Allow them to be hidden, please!
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 03:42 PM CDT

Light armor versions of the lion gauntlets - Updated to be punka hide type protection. Ideally these could be lion paws/leather and use the actual lion claws to pop out.

A version of these did go on an auction back in 2016 - Thick serpentine-hide gloves trimmed in snowbeast fur
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 03:43 PM CDT

* New spell inkpots!
* Blank spell inkpots that you combine with 30 copies of a single spell scroll to create an inkpot of that spell (consumed on use).
* Super gnome gadget, another 4 levels of embiggening.
* Item tie noun gadget, *whisper gadget <broadsword>, wave gadget at rebecho tie item: noun added "broadsword" (consumed on use).
* Tier 7 stonebow

Things from the crowdsourced item ideas google dock:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxyeLPy_QilCXp76yKZ7H0oFAAkBcwk_WCZ-dADxWoM/edit#gid=0
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 03:56 PM CDT
Sorry for the double post. Thought I couldn't think of anything more.

Limb-hiders! Specific-feature hiders!

Limb-hider would work by adding a line like, "She is missing her right hand." Would also somehow hide messaging from wounds, when looked at (but not when touched by empaths? Maybe? Completely removing a limb from game code sounds harder than just deleting messaging.)

Specific-feature hiders would work by just replacing a piece of your face with a nothing, or adding the word "missing" in front of it.

Regular:
You have a set of mischievously twitching whiskers accenting a triangular face, twitching cat-slitted eyes, one black and one jade and a narrow nose.

Nothing:
You have a set of mischievously twitching whiskers accenting a triangular face, a twitching cat-slitted jade eye and a narrow nose.

Missing:
You have a set of mischievously twitching whiskers accenting a triangular face, twitching cat-slitted eyes, one missing and one jade and a narrow nose.

Limb-Hider set to right eye:
Lasika has a set of mischievously twitching whiskers accenting a triangular face, twitching cat-slitted eyes, one black and one jade and a narrow nose. Her auburn mane is long and wavy, and is worn in a tangled mass with some ripped and fraying boot laces stuck in apparently at random amidst the coils of hair. She has rust-colored fur with a white belly and sable stripes, a slender tail and a lean figure.
She is average height for a Prydaen.
She appears to be young.
She is missing her right eye.
She is in good shape.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 04:32 PM CDT
Something on the same scheme of a Sigilated ring except holds a specially crafted Tier 6 Crossbow, Bow, and Sling. Only one can be out of the ring at a time, and can only go inside the ring. Replace this with case, bag, harness as you wish, but magic ring would be cooler. :D

Flare ranged weapons. You may instead have Crossbow that has a low chance of casting Lightning Bolt along with shooting a bolt. Instead you may have it as an activatable effect like "point crossbow at (thing)" to activate the effect on some sort of cooldown. Consider versions of this with a Bow (shoots/casts Strange Arrow) and Sling (Stone Strike). High TM Preset to cast not affected by actual or lack of TM skill.

Create your own item ticket: Second most expensive thing that would be available, only 1-3 made available, first come first serve. Working with GM's and assistants to create a new unique item using existing mechanics, released or unreleased.

Adventure ticket: Most expensive thing that would be available. Work with GM's and assistants to create / moderate / control a game wide event, with moon mage/cleric visions and everything.

Khri boosting items.

Inner Spirit(whatever thieves have)/Inner Fire boosting items

Past titles

Invitation to do a classic quest with a group of their choosing.

Add something to a room in the world.

Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 06:56 PM CDT
Flavored bags of popcorn.
If you want to make them extra special. Try different bonus, spell effects, etc. for different flavors.

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/autumn
Re: Corn Maze 10/20/2018 07:01 PM CDT
I wouldn't want to see wasted space for this at the end, but as incidentals, I'd love to see some saccharine sweet/creepy/goofy stuffed animals that are compatible with the pouch of lead pellets.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"It is what makes the garden beautiful: Not every flower is the same." - Bill Murray
Re: Corn Maze 10/21/2018 07:13 PM CDT
I enjoyed the anti poison ring from a few MT events ago.. How about an anti disease ring? a lot of good ideas here though
Re: Corn Maze 10/21/2018 09:16 PM CDT
More suggestions. I just want all the things. These don't all have to go to Corn Maze of course.

- umbrella that can hook onto you so you can play an instrument with two hands. Umbrellas do exist and they do protect instruments, but you're required to hold them so no two-handed instruments.
- planet gems! Have not yet completed my collection.
- glitter bomb stuff
- pretty armor -- stats aren't important, just want something to look nice with the shimmering outfits.
- wand holsters
- general worn skinning knife -- this has come out before and I want more.
- endless source of paper -- so I don't have to carry individual papers.
- really large, lightweight flasks -- so you always have enough to share.
- bracer-type parry sticks -- these were done as an end prize before. I think they did a bracer and an armguard.

Tattoo ideas (non-signature of course):

- Tailwind
- Fireball
- Unleash
- Last Gift of Vithwok IV
- Platinum Hands of Kertigen
- Rage of the Clans
- Drums of the Snake
- Words of the Wind
- Bless
- MPP

- Navesi

Prev_page Previous 1