Drogorian Invasion! (10/08/2016) 10/11/2016 08:46 AM CDT
Drogorian creatures invaded the Islands of Qi'Reshalia this past Saturday afternoon. I believe from the messages and tweets the invasion was not limited to Ratha, but that the main force of the assault was directed there. As far as I'm aware no visions occurred before the invasion. Just before the eels and sharks disappeared, at least two of us had the sensation of being pulled in multiple directions following a flash of marine-hued light.
I'm going to do the same thing I did for the last invasion log, since it's quite long even with editing. Full version, complete with more crazy, is here: http://pastebin.com/Vx0Gu8Xm
Don't forget to hail Drogor!

[Temple of Darkness, Drogor's Alcove]
The tang of salt hangs in the air, coming from the saltwater-filled fountain in the center of the alcove. A glowering statue of Drogor as his Gor'Tog self stands in the center of the fountain, up to his mid-calves in water. A small shark swims through the water, preying on the tiny gobbets of flesh that are dropped in by the local priests.
Obvious exits: west.

You stretch luxuriously, from the top of your head to the tip of your tail.
>
You sniff the air around you.
>
You grow extremely still from head to tail, delving into the inmost reaches of your soul.
>
You stare blankly into the distance.
>
You gaze at a statue of Drogor.
>
You grab your head and moan softly.
>
Only if you're a contortionist! (Whiteburn contorts herself oddly for a moment.)
>
You hungrily exclaim, "What is that? That scent... so fresh! So full of life!"
>
>
You scowl.
>
You ask, "Not... not here. Where?"
>
(Whiteburn swings her head this way and that, baring her teeth.)
>
You strut west.

[Shard, Moonstone Street]
Dark grey stones cover the surface of Moonstone Street, creating artful whorls and spirals as the lane gradually fades away to the east. A curious temple crouches quietly on the north side of the street, its front carved with thirteen faces that seem to fade when looked at directly. The doors stand open despite the dark hour, and two guards wearing faceless hoods stand on either side of the door, wielding massive executioners' axes.
Obvious paths: east, west.

You glance up at the sky.
A light rain patters silently down from dark skies above.

The following heavenly bodies are visible:
Katamba is below the horizon.
Clouds obscure the sky where Xibar should appear.
Clouds obscure the sky where Yavash should appear.
>
>
(Whiteburn raises her arms to the sky.)
>
The rain begins to come down more heavily.
>
You jubilantly exclaim, "Drogor! My Lord! The feast! The feast is joined!"
>
You laugh in maniacal glee!
>
>
You say, "But where? WHERE?! I must join the shiver..."
>
You feel a bit weak in the knees and find yourself wobbling.
>
>
You longingly exclaim, "So far... so far away! That lovely scent... the cracking bones!"
>
You gnash your teeth.
>
You wrack your jaw wide open and expel a few hot breaths, releasing some of your excess heat. Once you feel sufficiently refreshed, you close your jaw again.
>
You exclaim, "Brine... brine brine brine! The wrath is mine!"
>
You giggle at some secret joke.
>
You rub your cravat pin.
You are suddenly engulfed in an explosion of crimson flames and find yourself elsewhere...

[The Seerah, Prow]
Heavily pitched mahogany rails along the foredeck of the ship converge on the pulpit just above the headless figurehead. Rusted chains and debris litter the area, most piled upon the lower eastern end of the prow. Occasional spray slickens the deck, making it slightly hazardous. Nestled between the rails is a small shrine, constructed from sea stones and hardened sand.
You also see a vibrant red satin picnic cloth with several things on it.
Obvious paths: south.

Your silver brooch warms in response to your danger. A dark glow radiates from the shark at its heart, completely enveloping and concealing you from view.
>
From your hiding place you exclaim, "Ah! It is stronger! Beautiful!"
>
You fall out of hiding!

Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "an eel usin air lash, an the geyser spell? interstin "

You stand back up.
>
You exclaim, "The blood. Give to Drogor!... want.... want!"
>
You rub your hands together.

[You] "Hark! The Children of Drogor descend from the heavens to deliver righteous justice!"

You raise your voice in merry laughter.
>
You move across the ground, kicking up small clouds of dust and debris, stomping a tattoo.

Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "or, suffer electrocution."

You drop to one knee, bowing your head in deference.
>
You kiss a sea stone shrine!
>
You stand back up.

Your mind hears Valherun thinking, "zap"

>
You lick your lips.
>
You stare blankly into the distance.

Your mind hears Saaqib thinking, "{faintly}" "Is being picnic time?"

You twitch.

[You] "The time for great and joyous feasting is upon us!"

You exclaim, "Ah! ahah! Wonder of wonders! A miracle! Death!"
>
>
You strut south.

[Ratha, Kssintlee Way]
A small shrine stands in a shallow niche in the cliff wall. The concave floor of the niche acts as a basin, currently empty, but streaked with rust-colored stains and bits of feathers. Strands of shark's teeth dangle from an iron pole, clattering against each other in the wind. Passersby hurry past, averting their faces from anyone gathered here. At the back of the niche, a dark hole offers a faint glimpse of scattered bones, silent offerings to propitiate the sea.
Obvious paths: south, northwest.

You exclaim, "My Lord! Feast! Feast upon the sinful children of Qi!"
>
You burst out in triumphant laughter!
>
>
You get some holy water from inside an ornate chalice carved from stormy-grey quartz trimmed with silver which is in your rucksack.
>
You begin to wash a small shrine with your holy water.
>
You diligently work, getting between the cracks and behind the tight corners of the small shrine.
>
You finish your job, pleased to see that the small shrine all but sparkles from your gentle care.

You sense that you are as pure of spirit as you can be, and you are ready for whatever rituals might face you.

You feel that your gods have smiled upon you for your attempts to please them.
>
You sibilantly ask, "Does not the scent of blood make You ravenous, Lord?"
>
You snarl.
>
You put your water in the ornate chalice which is inside your rucksack.
>
Serene Lady Kintalia just arrived.
>
Aligning her shoulders elegantly, Kintalia fixes a soul searching gaze upon you before giving you a slight courteous nod accompanied by a serene curve of her lips.
>
Your lips turn up in an ear-to-ear grin at Kintalia.
>
Kintalia serenely says to you, "Greetings."
>
You exclaim to Kintalia, "A sacrifice for the feast!"

Your mind hears Klurn thinking, "{faintly}" "anyone gating to Ratha?"

You stand back up.
>
Only if you're a contortionist! (Whiteburn contorts herself oddly for a moment.)
>
Kintalia raises an eyebrow.
>
Kintalia serenely says, "I was not planning on being a sacrifice."

Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "are there moons up?"
Your mind hears Kintalia thinking, "are you on Ratha Yanbelev?"

You exclaim, "Miraculous death! Can you not smell it? Around us. You have been born into the perfect vessel! Your blood itself calls to be spilled!"

Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "Aye."

Kintalia serenely says, "Perhaps another would be better suited."
>
(Whiteburn tries to moan worriedly, but is cut off. She staggers, fixing Kintalia with a wide smile filled with flashing teeth. )

Your mind hears Kintalia thinking, "I'm on Kssintlee way, come find me Yanbelev, I'm lost!"

Kintalia gulps.
>
An electrified Drogorian stormrider comes screaming out of the sky, accompanied by an earth-shaking thunderstroke! Immediately, wild forks of lightning begin to effuse from its scales.
>
The scales of an electrified Drogorian stormrider begin to leak crackling light.
The Drogorian stormrider begins to advance on Kintalia.
>
Kintalia frowns glancing around for the nearest exist
>
You chant in a soprano voice:

"All! All! ALL!
Death comes to all!
Blood! Blood BLOOD!"
>
Serene Lady Kintalia glides northwest.
>
Appearing to have lost sight of its target, an electrified Drogorian stormrider stops advancing.
>
Forks of quickened lightning continuously arc along your skin.
>
>
An electrified Drogorian stormrider glides northwest.
>
You strut northwest.

[Ratha, Kssintlee Way]
A cat darts down a narrow alley which runs along the back of the inn, between the building and the cliff face. As the road meanders southwards toward the sea, the carvings on the cliff face change from flowers and vines to images of merfolk. A vein of quartz in the rocky surface gives an illusion of cresting waves, enhanced by the clever chisel of the sculptor.
You also see an electrified Drogorian stormrider that is flying around.
Obvious paths: north, southeast.

An electrified Drogorian stormrider flicks its caudal fin at a passing little brown bat, frying the poor thing in mid-flight.
>
You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down.

To the north:
1) Kintalia

To the southeast, south, southeast:
2) an old sailor

Your mind hears Valherun thinking, "anyone seen anything yet to kill?"

With a sharp crackle and the overwhelming expulsion of ozone, strands of electricity whip frantically across your limbs.
>
An electrified Drogorian stormrider glides north.
>
You strut north.

[Ratha, Kssintlee Way]
Built against the rocky cliff wall is the local inn, Jack Tarr's Rest, set back from the busy road. The aroma of baking fish wafts through the air from the kitchens, while local traders relax as they recount tales of their voyages -- daring escapes from local pirates, successful bargains with the craftsmen of Mer'Kresh, the beauties of Aesry Surlaenis'a -- all these and more may be heard during the course of the day.
You also see an electrified Drogorian stormrider that is flying around.

You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down.

To the northwest:
1) Kintalia

To the northwest, northwest:
2) Valherun
>
Intolerant Valherun just arrived.
>
The scales of an electrified Drogorian stormrider begin to leak crackling light.
The Drogorian stormrider begins to advance on Valherun.
>
Intolerant Valherun glides south.
>
You exclaim, "The hunt is on!"
>
Appearing to have lost sight of its target, an electrified Drogorian stormrider stops advancing.
>
You throw your head back and howl!
>
You strut south.

[Ratha, Kssintlee Way]
A cat darts down a narrow alley which runs along the back of the inn, between the building and the cliff face. As the road meanders southwards toward the sea, the carvings on the cliff face change from flowers and vines to images of merfolk. A vein of quartz in the rocky surface gives an illusion of cresting waves, enhanced by the clever chisel of the sculptor.

Your mind hears Kintalia thinking, "er, there's an electrified Drogorian Stormrider hunting me, little help?"
Your mind hears Diamosis thinking, "{faintly}" "Sounds like sssssomething on Ksssssintlee way."
Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "Whater doin down there? Aye, there's brine sharks an cerulean eels on the second tier"

Intolerant Valherun just arrived.
>
Intolerant Valherun glides north.
>
The steady rains lessen to a gentle summer shower.

Your mind hears Diamosis thinking, "{faintly}" "Elf or stormrider your choice of what to kill?"
[You] "Infidels! Martyrs! Beautiful vessels! Blood will spill! Blood will flow into the sea!"

To the north, northwest:
1) an electrified Drogorian stormrider

To the north, northwest, northwest:
2) Valherun
3) an onyx cloud eel

To the southeast, south, southeast:
4) an old sailor
>
You move to hunt down your prey.

[Ratha, Kssintlee Way]
A strong scent of burning food wafts through a wrought iron gate in a red brick wall. Behind the wall, a brick courtyard leads to a rather neglected old house -- the mullions of its windows are stained with soot, and the door hangs half-off its hinges, while the plants in the terracotta urns beside the entry have long since withered in the heat.
You also see an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around and an onyx cloud eel that is flying around.
Also here: Intolerant Valherun.
Obvious paths: northeast, west.
>
Intolerant Valherun glides west.
>

To the northeast:
1) an onyx cloud eel
2) an onyx cloud eel
3) an onyx cloud eel
4) an onyx cloud eel
5) an onyx cloud eel
6) an onyx cloud eel

To the west:
7) an onyx cloud eel
8) an onyx cloud eel
9) an onyx cloud eel
10) an onyx cloud eel
11) an onyx cloud eel

To the northeast, east:
12) an onyx cloud eel
13) an onyx cloud eel
14) an onyx cloud eel

To the west, southwest:
15) Valherun
16) a young alchemist student
17) an onyx cloud eel

To the northeast, east, east:
18) an onyx cloud eel
19) an electrified Drogorian stormrider

To the west, southwest, southwest:
20) an onyx cloud eel
21) an onyx cloud eel
22) an onyx cloud eel

To the west, southwest, northwest:
23) an onyx cloud eel
>
An onyx cloud eel emits an odd, pealing squall that echoes to the skies.
>
The traces of Valherun have eluded you for now, you'll have to try again.
>
You hiss in frustration.
>
An onyx cloud eel coils up like a snake and lashes out at nothing in particular.
>

"Beautiful, sinuous, children of the Storm!
You will have your share.
Fangs will rip and coils will seek!
Scent your victims... there!"
>
Forks of quickened lightning continuously arc along your skin.
>
An onyx cloud eel momentarily becomes enshrouded in churning steam.
>
Jaws wide open, an onyx cloud eel spews steam into the air.
>
You exclaim, "....where? WHERE?! Hiding? Fools!"

Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "{faintly}" "klurn where are you i want to go Ratha"

You snarl.
>
Small tendrils of blue lightning ripple across your body, briefly connecting you to the discharge surging all around.
>
You exclaim, "The Green! Yes. Cowards!"
>
You strut west.

[while traveling...]
Your mind hears Kaynta thinking, "{faintly}" "I think I will keep my blood in me and out of the sea, I don't swim so well, and I am afriad of lightening."

[Ratha, Eastern Promenade]
The travel-worn road narrows, and the caravans that frequent it tangle in the crowded way. Camels snort, donkeys bray and traders curse in the congestion as they all push for a place at the marble watering trough at the side of the road.
You also see a boarded up smoke-stained shack.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, southwest.

To the southwest, west:
1) a high guard

To the northeast, northeast, north:
2) a high guard
3) a high guard

To the southwest, southeast, east:
4) a wild sea-worn monk
>
Triage Strategist Phrixos just arrived.
>
You bow your head in deep sadness, tail curling slowly downward.
>
Triage Strategist Phrixos goes southwest.

Your mind hears Valherun thinking, "{faintly}" "come to me at the crossings empath guild if you want a gate to ratha"

You exclaim, "Ah. Meat!"
>
>
You say, "I smell food."
>
You strut southwest.

[As she hunts down the Empath.]
[You] "Yesss! Come to Ratha! We are ravenous! "

[Truffenyi's Green]
A large common green stretches out over most of the northeastern section of the tier. The grassy area is an excellent spot for athletic activities, for a meal on the soft grass, or contemplating the sky above. The western edge of the field backs on to the temples of Chadatru and Glythtide, and a fountain dedicated to Truffenyi stands to the east near the intersection of the eastern-most road and East Palace Drive.
You also see a blue moonbeam, a large wicker herb basket and a trash receptacle.
Also here: Triage Strategist Phrixos.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.

Your mind hears Toba thinking, "Anyone like a rift to Ratha?"

Phrixos bows to you.
>
You fix Phrixos with a cold, reptilian stare.
>
Phrixos says, "I only do what I must Lady, as do you."
>
You eerily ask Phrixos, "Would you like to meet Drogor?"

Your mind hears Kintalia thinking, "I'm in the lower bank of Ratha if anyone needs healing"

Phrixos says, "I'm in no hurry."
>

Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "{faintly}" "any moon mage can gate to ratha "

Your mind hears Klurn thinking, "{faintly}" "Ok Valherun"
Your mind hears Perune thinking, "Where is the battle upon Ratha?"
Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "{faintly}" "klurn where are you"

A shiver runs up your spine.
>
>
You scowl.
>
You say to yourself, "Not here..."
>
You strut west.

[Ratha, Blind Alley]
Littered and dirty, this alley looks little used. Getting caught in this alley in the wee hours of the morning is not a pleasant thought, though there seem to be few places for mischievous miscreants to hide.
You also see an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, a tri-bolt ballista, a cable barrel, a tri-shot munitions crate and an onyx cloud eel that is flying around.
Obvious paths: northeast, west.

To the northeast:
1) an onyx cloud eel
2) an onyx cloud eel

To the west:
3) an onyx cloud eel

To the northeast, north:
4) an onyx cloud eel

To the northeast, northeast:
5) a young alchemist student
6) an onyx cloud eel
7) an onyx cloud eel

To the northeast, west:
8) an onyx cloud eel
9) an onyx cloud eel

To the northeast, north, north:
10) an onyx cloud eel

To the northeast, southeast, south:
11) Perune
12) a tiger brine shark
13) a tiger brine shark
14) a great white brine shark
15) an onyx cloud eel
>
You exclaim, "Ah! Meat!"
>
You move to hunt down your prey.

[Ratha, Greater Cobra Road]
A row of tumbledown shacks and low buildings marks one edge of the seedier quarters in this section of town. The click of dice and low voices echo among the shanties as the occasional furtive figure darts out of one doorway and vanishes into another.
Also here: the body of Perune who is lying down.

>
An onyx cloud eel glides in.

Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "Are there any clerics in Ratha?"
Your mind hears Kaynta thinking, "{faintly}" "So a real question though why would anyone think it is a good idea to go into the eye of a storm on an island no one stays on to diddle with some pissed off gods aquariam?"

You exclaim, "Death! Feast! My brothers! My sisters! The first to feed Drogor! Praise be!"
>
>
You ask, "Others?"
>
You pace back and forth.

Your mind hears Klurn thinking, "{faintly}" "I'm a soldier.... it's what i do"
Your mind hears Phrixos thinking, "I'm on the Green healing, are there other Empaths on Ratha? Lets get in the same spot"
Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "{faintly}" "i just like to piss the "

(Whiteburn snaps her head to the southeast in a swift unnatural movement.)

Your mind hears Toba thinking, "who wanted a rift to Ratha?"

You strut southeast.

[Ratha, Bank Street]
Guttering lanterns set high on poles shed a watery glow along the steep road leading to the Bank of Ratha. In a land where business never sleeps, the bank keeps late hours for the convenience of all. The wise traveler keeps well away from the deeper shadows along the wayside though, for legitimate business is not all that never sleeps.
You also see an onyx cloud eel that is flying around and some broad stairs leading to the bank's portico.
Obvious paths: southwest.

Your mind hears Kaynta thinking, "{faintly}" "Hrm, ok well safe travels to you I hope you all stay chummy I will stay in the safe mountain."

>
You throw your head back and howl!
>
You pace back and forth.
>
Garden Seeker Toba just arrived.
>
Garden Seeker Toba climbed up some broad stairs leading to the bank's portico.
>
You exclaim, "They deny us! They hide from their fate!"

Your mind hears Phrixos thinking, "Cloud Eels on the Green"

You laugh!
>
You strut southwest.

[The hunt continues. Meanwhile...]
Your mind hears Toba thinking, "Any clerics up for a rift to Ratha, for a dead healer?"
Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "{faintly}" "toba can your rift . i am the crossing i am not a cleric."
[You] "You cannot hide from your fate! Justice descends from the heavens to rend flesh and spill blood!"
Your mind hears Jondong thinking, "{faintly}" "quiet down, whiteburn"
Your mind hears Tenike thinking, "{faintly}" "do you still need a cleric? I can come across"
Your mind hears Zarachie thinking, "I am on it Tenike"
Your mind hears Diamosis thinking, "{faintly}" "I think sssshe meansss let the healer ussse her favor to the godsss."

[Lower Bank of Ratha, Atrium]
A wide expanse of cool sea-foam green marble stretches across this noble room. Far overhead, crystal panes set within a spidery framework of gilded wrought iron provide ample light that in daytime, will flood the room with brightness. Lofty arches on three sides lead to the various banking departments: The Bursar for foreign currency exchange, the Cashiers for regular banking transactions and the Bourse for private sales.
You also see a sickly Kaernan peccary, an enormous earthen fissure, some massive doors, the Exchange Bursar, the Cashiers, a waste basket and the Auction Bourse.
Also here: Arcane Warrior Rmel, Triage Strategist Phrixos who is sitting, Scorpion Kisser Zarachie, Intolerant Valherun, Garden Seeker Toba who is darkened by an unnatural shadow, the body of Serene Lady Kintalia who is lying down and Maelstrom Yanbelev who has a stony visage.
Obvious exits: none.

Rmel says, "I miss it."
>
You exclaim, "Ah... so many vessels!"
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say, "Clearly thought I was tasty."
>
Yanbelev says, "Vivi sends her regards, m'lady."
>
You study the area...

Rmel is a male S'Kra Mur. He appears to be mature.
Phrixos is a male Human. He appears to be an adult.
Zarachie is a male Elf. He appears to be young.
Valherun is a male Elf. He appears to be young.
Toba is a male Gnome. He appears to be mature.
Kintalia is a female Elf. She appears to be young.
Yanbelev is a male Human. He appears to be in his prime.
That's everyone!
>
Yanbelev nods to you.
>
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say, "Please send her my regards Yanbelev."
>
You sibilantly ask, "You think you are safe here?"
>
Yanbelev says, "Not really."
>
Yanbelev shakes his head at you.
>
Rmel says, "Why are you happy Whiteburn."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say, "Obviously not."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say, "I died in this room."
>
>
Rmel says, "She our bait."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say, "I did warn the folks here it wasn't safe."
>
Yanbelev chuckles at Rmel.
>
You exclaim, "Oh! So many! A feast! A banquet!"
>
Rmel smiles at Yanbelev.
>
A faint ripple of brackish water runs across the surface of the bedrock.
>
Yanbelev says, "A buffet."
>
Phrixos appears to sigh and his eyes betray a confusing mixture of shock and relief just before they grow blank.

Phrixos falls down!
Phrixos's in shock and dying!

Phrixos collapses.

Phrixos collapses, swooning from some incredible pain.
>
Rmel points at a great white brine shark, ruining its attempt to advance unnoticed.
>
You ravenously exclaim, "I can taste the marrow of your bones in every breath!"

Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "Klurn better hurry up we got bait"

A great white brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at Rmel.
>
Yanbelev says, "Of hard metal an cold mana."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say, "Nooo."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say, "Don't die."
>
Rmel hurls a throwing blade at a great white brine shark.
The throwing blade hits a wall and falls to the floor!
>
You get a heavy steel ball shaped like a censer and attached to a mooring chain from inside your wyvern-hide baldric.
>
Rmel says, "Nice."
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say to Phrixos, "Be careful."
>
You ask, "Who to devour first?"

Your mind hears Klurn thinking, "i'm here just gettin my bearings"

"Drogor! Drogor! Drogor!"
>
A fin breaks the surface of the bedrock nearby before disappearing again.
>
Yanbelev says, "Another's coming in."
>
>
Garden Seeker Toba went through the Cashiers.
>
The shark bursts into view in a vicious surprise assault!
The bull brine shark leaps from hiding and ambushes you, completely surprising you.
* Moving with powerful grace, a bull brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at you. You barely fail to parry with a heavy steel ball shaped like a censer and attached to a mooring chain.
The teeth lands a strong hit to your chest.
[You're hurt, solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
>
With a powerful thrust of its tail, a great white brine shark darts after a passing insect.
>
You suddenly realize that you may be completely outclassed in this match. You turn tail to make your escape!

Your mind hears Klurn thinking, "got jumped by a great white"

You hear the ghostly voice of Kintalia say to you, "Did it occur to you that some of us have been praying to Drogor, we are not in need of being used as sacrifices."
>
* Moving in gracefully, a bull brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at you. You attempt to evade, taking the full blow.
The teeth lands a very heavy hit that barely pierces the skin to nick the chest, lightly stunning you.
[You're very beat up, winded, somewhat off balance with opponent dominating.]
>
Your attempt to flee has failed. Prepare to meet Alduath!
>
A sharp crack of stones breaking apart pierces the air.
>
>
* Moving in gracefully, a bull brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at you. You barely fail to parry with a heavy steel ball shaped like a censer and attached to a mooring chain.
The teeth lands an extremely heavy hit that spills bile upon the ground as the teeth drills a hole straight through your spleen, knocking you completely senseless.
As blood fills the brackish water comprising a bull brine shark, it grows agitated, thrashing about hungrily.

[You're terribly wounded, very badly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
Yanbelev says, "That's going to sting."
>
Yanbelev nods to you.
>
Rmel bursts from hiding and begins to dance about!
>
* Moving in gracefully, a bull brine shark thrashes its tail and charges blindly at you. You barely fail to parry with a heavy steel ball shaped like a censer and attached to a mooring chain.
The body lands an awesome strike that shatters every bone in the left arm, ripping it from its socket.
[You're near death, very badly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
You feel yourself falling...
You feel like you're dying!
>
* Moving fluidly, a bull brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at you. You barely fail to parry with a heavy steel ball shaped like a censer and attached to a mooring chain.
The teeth lands a very heavy hit that nearly knocks you unconscious with a bone-crunching blow to the forehead.
>
As Zarachie intones a quiet prayer to Urrem'tier, his hands begin to glow faintly silver. He extends a glowing hand towards the body of Kintalia.
Dark crimson bands of light flow about the body of Kintalia, pulsating with a heartbeat rhythm. Silvery-grey tendrils twine around the red bands, seeping into the corpse. As the last tendril vanishes from view, the bands explode with a brilliant flash and Kintalia blinks dazedly, wobbling on her feet.
>
Kintalia serenely says, "The shark did the same thing to Whiteburn."
>
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.
>
You exclaim, "Accept my blood! And take... them... ALL!"
>
Kintalia winces.
>
You hear a voice say, "Your our bait now whiteburn."
>
You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.
>
Kintalia serenely says, "I don't recall Ratha being this violent when I lived here."
>
A bull brine shark dives beneath the bedrock, leaping back up in a spray of water!
>
Your former body dissolves into a roiling dark blue mist.

[Upon exiting the Temple...]

[Ratha, Golden Scale Road]
The road forks as it passes near the Temple district. High walls protect the estates and offices of the tax gatherers to the south, and heavily-armed guards stalk along the walls, secure behind stone and iron. The street itself is spotlessly clean, each scale-shaped cobble has been set with consummate skill so that the path resembles the endless coils of some enormous serpent.
Obvious paths: north, southeast, northwest.

>
You moan.
>
You break out in a triumphant grin.
>
You exclaim, "Still ravenous! So hungry!"
>
The white brine shark leaps from hiding and ambushes you, completely surprising you.
* Moving in gracefully, a great white brine shark slices wide at you. You attempt to dodge, taking the full blow.
The teeth lands a massive strike that savages the belly to expose the intestines, dealing you a vicious stun.
As blood fills the brackish water comprising a great white brine shark, it grows agitated, thrashing about hungrily.

[You're in death's grasp, fatigued, desolate, badly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>
You feel yourself falling...
You feel like you're dying!
>
A great white brine shark swims in a lazy circles through the air as it searches for prey.
>
A great white brine shark swims sinuously into view, spattering brackish water.
>
* Moving fluidly, a great white brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at you. You barely fail to parry with a heavy steel ball shaped like a censer and attached to a mooring chain.
The teeth lands a vicious strike that ruptures the artery under the left bicep.
[You're near death, exhausted, empty, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
You exclaim, "Perf...ect!"
>
Commander Klurn just arrived.
>
Your wounds are making standing more difficult.
You stand back up.
>
The white brine shark begins to advance on Klurn.
>
You laugh!
>
* With grace, a great white brine shark slices wide at you. You attempt to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow.
The teeth lands a demolishing hit that rips through muscle and organs, cutting the foe cleanly in half.
>
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.
>
The white brine shark closes to pole weapon range on Klurn.
>
Klurn's body suddenly spasms.
>
>
Klurn begins to advance on a great white brine shark.
>
The white brine shark closes to melee range on Klurn.
The white brine shark stops Klurn from advancing any farther.
>
A great white brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at Klurn. The teeth lands a hard hit to his left leg!
As blood fills the brackish water comprising a great white brine shark, it grows agitated, thrashing about hungrily.
>
Klurn whirls about in a bold, flashy manner!
>
Klurn draws a massive scimitar with a hilt carved into the likeness of a Gor'Tog's head at a great white brine shark.
>
A great white brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at Klurn. The teeth lands a hard hit that punches a hole through the skin on its side, lightly stunning him!
>
The white brine shark leaps from hiding and ambushes Klurn!
A great white brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at Klurn. The teeth lands a hard hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach ('Tis but a scratch!)!
>
You exclaim, "Death! Death!"
>
A great white brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at Klurn. The teeth lands a very heavy hit that pokes the teeth into his rear end (more embarrassing than painful!)!
>
Klurn tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from a great white brine shark!
>
A great white brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at Klurn. The teeth lands a hard hit that punctures deeply into the right bicep, severing a small artery!
>
Klurn retreats from combat.
>
Klurn retreats from combat.
>
Klurn's body suddenly spasms.
>
A great white brine shark thrashes its tail against the cobble.
>
>
>
Klurn stops advancing on a great white brine shark.
>
>
Commander Klurn lumbers northwest.
>
A great white brine shark swims sinuously northwest, spattering brackish water as it goes.
>
You exclaim, "Coward! Infidel! Your time is coming!"
>
You say, "How beautiful..."
>
A great white brine shark swims sinuously into view, spattering brackish water.
>
You say, "If I could just... touch you..."
>
You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.
>

[Whiteburn dies once more, again on the third tier. This time upon departing, she returns to the bank on the first tier.]

[Lower Bank of Ratha, Portico]
The massive slate roof of the bank overhangs the wide entrance, forming a welcome pool of shade on hot days. A pair of well-armed guards lean on wicked-looking tridents, while cold ophidian eyes watch every person carefully.
You also see a blue Moongate, a sickly Kaernan peccary, an onyx cloud eel that is flying around, a blue moonbeam, some broad stairs and the massive doors.
Also here: Intolerant Valherun, the body of Garden Seeker Toba who is lying down and Arcane Warrior Rmel.
Obvious exits: none.

Valherun just went through a blue Moongate, dragging Toba's body with him.
>
Rmel says, "Can you drag toba."
>
An onyx cloud eel fixes Rmel with an intent stare.
The piercing screech of tortured air assaults your ears, punctuated by a sharp CRACK!!
He manages to get out of the way!
>
An onyx cloud eel lunges in maddened frenzy at Rmel.
>
You rub your hand over the engravings, which glow a malevolent crimson in response.
Pain! Your lower jaw distends forward, bristling with newly grown, serrated teeth. Your vision narrows and a newfound power propels your limbs... power, and something else. From the back of your mind comes a desperate need to move, to hunt.
>
Wisps of vapor begin to course along an onyx cloud eel's scales.
An onyx cloud eel lunges in maddened frenzy at Rmel.
>
>
You feel your life force wane under deadly lethargy. The shark must move. The shark must hunt.
>
An onyx cloud eel snaps with backward-hooked teeth at Rmel.
>
Rmel hugs you, and you give him a smile in return.
>
Rmel says, "Glad you are here."
>
You begin to advance on Rmel.
>
You close to melee range on Rmel.
>
You eerily exclaim, "I as well!"
>
As if spurred on by some wild energy, you flail your arms around and twitch violently in a mockery of dance.
>
< Moving in like a timid schoolboy, you bite your fangs at Rmel. Rmel evades.
[You're very badly hurt, empty, badly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>
Rmel grins.
>
You snarl.
>
A blue Moongate collapses in on itself.
>
The blue moonbeam fades somewhat.
>
An onyx cloud eel fixes Rmel with an intent stare.
The piercing screech of tortured air assaults your ears, punctuated by a sharp CRACK!!
Rmel's shield jerks suddenly.
>
You exclaim, "Stay still! Damned beast!"
>
< Awkwardly, you bite your fangs at Rmel. Rmel evades.
[You're very badly hurt, very cold, somewhat off balance with opponent in good position.]
>
An onyx cloud eel spirals about, lashing its sleek caudal fin at Rmel.
>
Rmel says, "You talking tome."
>
You exclaim, "Tomes? I am the shark!"
>
< Awkwardly, you claw your fingers at Rmel. Rmel dodges.
[You're very badly hurt, very cold, off balance with opponent in better position.]
>
You hiss in frustration.
>
Rmel says, "You i am shark too."
>
You savagely exclaim, "Heretic!"
>
Rmel turns to face you.
>
You weave back and forth.
>
You begin chanting a psalm to invoke the Soul Sickness spell.
>
< Moving in like a timid schoolboy, you bite your fangs at Rmel. Rmel evades.
[You're badly hurt, very cold, somewhat off balance with opponent in good position.]
>
< As if fumbling muscle flab were natural, you claw your fingers at Rmel. Rmel dodges.
[You're badly hurt, very cold, very badly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
>
* Attacking gracefully, Rmel kicks his foot at you. You attempt to evade, failing miserably.
The foot lands an earth-shaking strike that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
Simultaneously, both your jaw and something in your mind snaps. Relief floods through your body as your jaw returns to normal and your seemingly ceaseless need to hunt comes, at last, to an end.
>
Rmel retreats from combat.
>
Rmel retreats from combat.
>
Arcane Warrior Rmel entered the massive doors.
>
An onyx cloud eel glides about in aimless circles.
>
You exclaim, "How? HOW?! COWARD! WORM! You deny Drogor His feast?! Darkness consume you!"
>

[Temple of Hodierna, Berengaria's Bridge]
The influence of the Pantel family is evident here. Tapestries dedicated to Berengaria adorn each wall. One depicts the goddess walking through a desolate field dropping seeds to the ground. Another shows her watching over farmers as they harvest their abundant crops. Worshippers of Berengaria have paid tribute to the goddess by offering wheat and other grains at the foot of a statue in the corner.
You also see a lazy Kaernan peccary with a few things on it and a gold-flecked alabaster altar.
Also here: Commander Klurn.
Obvious exits: west.

You whimper.
>
You rise to a kneeling position.
>
You shudder.
>
You stand back up.
>
You hiss at Klurn.
>
Klurn nods.
>
Klurn snorts at you.
>
You exclaim, "Coward! Infidel! You will meet your fate!"
>
Klurn says, "Geez go back out and die."
>
You exclaim, "You and the rest of those filthy fleshlings! Hide! Run! Cringe! Drown! All of you... the Mighty One will have His share!"
>
You clutch your chest with an anguished expression.
>
You strut west.

[More people join the fight. Triage seems to have moved to the Temple of Eluned on the third tier. Weakened and dispirited, Whiteburn roams aimlessly about the third and first tier.]

[Ratha, Port Walk]
A sharp breeze whips a stinging fan of icy spray through the air over this short promontory that rises above the sea. The smell of rotting vegetation clings close and heavy. A few mold-covered, surf-worn benches lay alongside the path in shadows.
You also see a uniformed representative and a mud-splattered chest.
Obvious paths: east, west.

You feel a surge of oceanic chill coming from withing your black linen robe.
>
You limp west.

[Ratha, Port Road]
The bustling dock areas provide a constant stream of traffic along the quays and up into the town proper along the main road. Local militia, resplendent in plumed helms, their scales buffed and tinted with the town livery, keep a wary eye on foreign traveler and resident citizen alike.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

You shudder.
>
You get a softly glowing Drogor's Wrath sapphire shaped into a stylized shark from inside your linen robe.
>
An onyx cloud eel glides in.
>
You gaze at your sapphire.
>
You glance up at the sky.
A gentle summer rain patters to the earth around you.
>
You feel a surge of oceanic chill coming from the sapphire in your hand!
>
You observe a softly glowing Drogor's Wrath sapphire shaped into a stylized shark with fascination.
>
You weakly exclaim, "My Lord!"
>
An onyx cloud eel darts from one place to another with dazzling, fluid motions.
>
A shiver runs up your spine.

Your mind hears Jondong thinking, "i'm coming back after this repair is complete. these things are making me upset"

You ask, "What can this one do to please Thee, Lord?" She gazes in awe at the sapphire cradled within her claws. "I live only to obey. Art Thou still angered, pray?"
>
You grin weakly.
>
You reverently say, "So beautiful, your Children. If only I could be as they."
>
You give a softly glowing Drogor's Wrath sapphire shaped into a stylized shark a hug. I'm quite sure that the sapphire appreciates the sentiment.
>
You say, "... I have a duty."
>
You limp east.

[Ratha, Kssintlee Way]
A small shrine stands in a shallow niche in the cliff wall. The concave floor of the niche acts as a basin, currently empty, but streaked with rust-colored stains and bits of feathers. Strands of shark's teeth dangle from an iron pole, clattering against each other in the wind. Passersby hurry past, averting their faces from anyone gathered here. At the back of the niche, a dark hole offers a faint glimpse of scattered bones, silent offerings to propitiate the sea.
You also see an old sailor.

You sit down near a small shrine.
>
You hold your arms with palms facing gently upward, tail curled humbly about your left ankle and your head bowed.
>
You rapidly suck in air through your teeth in pain.

Your mind hears Jondong thinking, "where the fight?"

You put your sapphire in your linen robe.

Your mind hears Tenike thinking, "inside the bank is one of the great whites"

You bitterly say, "I am not worthy..."

Your mind hears Beerf thinking, "{faintly}" "are there any clerics in crossing yet...maybe...please...no?"
Your mind hears Vivikka thinking, "{faintly}" "are they dropping anything?"

You lash your tail savagely along the ground. You know, you ought to watch where you swing that thing.

Your mind hears Varalia thinking, "{faintly}" "I'm around but all I can do is save their memories"

>
You weakly exclaim, "Useless.. useless... useless!"
>
You begin an eerie, warbling wail of despair.
>
Temple Guard Vormulac just arrived.
>
You bitterly ask, "Come to gloat?"
>
Vormulac kneels down and touches his lips with the tips of his fingers.
>
A seagull soars overhead, the breeze from its wings sending a strand of shark's teeth clattering against each other.
>
You gaze at Vormulac.
>
Vormulac says, "Came to find out what is happening up here."
>
You say, "Feasting... denied."
>
You wheeze, trying to catch your breath.
>
You snarl.
>
Vormulac asks, "Why the attack what have they done now?"
>
You wildly exclaim to Vormulac, "What? What! You sit there and ask what have they done!"
>
You rub your scalp in agitation.
>
>
Vormulac says, "Drogar does not attack unless the mortals have done something to offend him agin."
>
You exclaim, "DroGOR! In the name of the Thirteen!"
>
You feel a surge of oceanic chill coming from within your black linen robe.
>
You savagely exclaim, "They never learn! They raise their fists in defiance!"
>
You get a softly glowing Drogor's Wrath sapphire shaped into a stylized shark from inside your linen robe.
>
You exclaim, "Ah, Drogor...!"
>
You exclaim, "I listen!"
>
You stare intently at a softly glowing Drogor's Wrath sapphire shaped into a stylized shark, your tail abruptly growing still.

Your mind hears Jondong thinking, "these sharks are mighty"
Your mind hears Zarachie thinking, "I will be coming to crossings momentarily to help raise if you still need"

A softly glowing Drogor's Wrath sapphire shaped into a stylized shark crackles with marine-hued lightning!

Your mind hears Kehlbins thinking, "{faintly}" "Where are the sharks attacking?"

Vormulac throws his head back and howls, "The enemies of Lord Drogor shall drown as the sharks tear them apart limb from limb, and their blood shall feed the lightless depths!"
>
Your wounds are making standing more difficult.
You stand back up.

Your mind hears Zarachie thinking, "ratha"
Your mind hears Varalia thinking, "{faintly}" "Yes please Zarachie"

>
You throw your head back and howl, "The enemies of Lord Drogor shall drown as the sharks tear them apart limb from limb, and their blood shall feed the lightless depths!"

You sense that you are as pure of spirit as you can be, and you are ready for whatever rituals might face you.

You feel that the dark gods have cracked a bleak smile of good favor at your attempts to please them.
>
Vormulac begins to pray.
>
You say, "...of course."
>
You kneel down upon the ground.
>
You begin to pray, kneeling before the empty altar. A sense of peace and tranquility fills you as you murmur softly.
>
The soft sound of your prayers wraps itself around you and brings you a sense of tranquility.
>
Vormulac glances up at the sky.

[Vormulac performs some Clerical rituals before the altar.]

You ask, "Do You wish Your sapphire returned?"
>
You ask, "Shall the mortals continue to suffer?"
>
You ask, "Has our blood done ought to satisfy?"

Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "klurn stormrider is about "

You ask, "Shall the lesson continue?"

Your mind hears Klurn thinking, "ok where Rmel?"
Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "It was at the path to Eluned's temple, a moment ago"
Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "i just pass by it "

You reverently place a softly glowing Drogor's Wrath sapphire shaped into a stylized shark on the small shrine.
>
You gaze up at the sky.
>
A flash of marine-hued light blinds you momentarily! When your vision clears, you are overtaken by a strange sensation of being pulled in many directions all at once, yet it is not an entirely unpleasant feeling.
>
You give a sudden, alarmed hiss, your tail lifting to stand against your back.
>
Vormulac searches around for a moment.
>
You stare intently at a small shrine, your tail abruptly growing still.
>
The sapphire leaps off the altar!
>
You gasp!
>
Vormulac kneels down.
>
(Vormulac ponders over the sapphire)
>
The tiger brine shark leaps from hiding and ambushes you, completely surprising you.
* Moving fluidly, a tiger brine shark thrashes its tail and charges blindly at you. You fail to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow.
The body lands a heavy strike that barely punctures the skin on the upper chest causing a slight welt.
[You're hurt, badly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
>
Suddenly you are aware that the sapphire is back in your hand.
>
* Moving fluidly, a tiger brine shark lunges, its teeth bared in rage at you. You barely fail to parry with a dark lacquered parry stick.
The teeth lands a strong hit that rips into the right calf, lightly stunning you.
[You're very beat up, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
Your silver brooch warms in response to your danger. A dark glow radiates from the shark at its heart, completely enveloping and concealing you from view.
>
The tiger brine shark begins to advance on Vormulac.
>
You come out of hiding.
You put your sapphire in your linen robe.
>
The tiger brine shark closes to pole weapon range on Vormulac.
>
Vormulac asks, "Shark why attack yer priest?"
>
Vormulac stands up.
>
Vormulac tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from a tiger brine shark!
>
The tiger brine shark closes to melee range on Vormulac.
>
A tiger brine shark turns to face you, leaving Vormulac on its flank at melee!
* Moving in gracefully, a tiger brine shark thrashes its tail and charges blindly at you. You fail to evade, moving directly into the blow.
The body lands an extremely heavy hit that scratches the right forearm.
[You're very badly hurt, badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
>
Vormulac retreats from combat.
>
>
* Moving with powerful grace, a tiger brine shark charges wide at you. You barely fail to parry with a dark lacquered parry stick.
The body lands a powerful strike that knocks the larynx clear back to the vertebrae (So much for last words!).
>
You say, "I am... a useless vessel."
>
You moan hauntingly.
>
>
>
>
Vormulac says, "Please halt shark."
>
The tiger brine shark closes to melee range on Vormulac.
>
>
Vormulac says, "I do not wish to harm you."
>
>
The tiger brine shark begins to advance on Vormulac.
>
Vormulac gestures at a tiger brine shark.
A bright flash engulfs Vormulac's hand as a ray of holy light streaks from his palm, speeding toward a tiger brine shark!
A tiger brine shark dodges aside.
>
Vormulac bows his head and chants catechisms.
You recognize the familiar mnemonics of the Soul Sickness spell. (Cleric)
>
Vormulac gestures at a tiger brine shark.
>
Vormulac exclaims, "Please halt!"
>
You exclaim, "Devour my flesh that you may grow stronger...!"
>
Vormulac bows to a tiger brine shark.
>
Vormulac kneels down before a tiger brine shark.
>
The shark becomes suddenly very still, then turns from side to side.
>
You say, "If that will please Thee, Drogor... then so be it."
>
You are healed.
>
You gasp!
>
You rise to a kneeling position.
>
Your jaw drops.
>
Vormulac says, "Thank ye lord drogor."
>
Vormulac says, "Please calm the tides and i will do everything in my power to assist you."
>
You say, "Drogor... Mighty One! Praise be! I, too, will do whatever it takes."
>
The brine shark gazes blankly at you, then dissipates.
>
You bow your head humbly.
>
Vormulac prays fervently.
>
You begin to pray, kneeling before the empty altar. A sense of peace and tranquility fills you as you murmur softly.
>
Vormulac recites:

"Lord Drogor what is it you seek of me"
>
>
A flash of marine-hued light blinds you momentarily! When your vision clears, you are overtaken by a strange sensation of being pulled in many directions all at once, yet it is not an entirely unpleasant feeling.
>
Vormulac says, "I am unsure of that visions meaning."
>
You ask, "Aye... it is, at once, both tumultuous and... peaceful?"
>
You rub your scalp in agitation.
>
You say, "No, that is not it..."
>
Vormulac asks, "Many directions at once?"
>
(Whiteburn throws her arms toward the sky, her head thrown back as she howls to the rain.)
>
You begin an eerie, warbling wail of despair.
>
Vormulac throws his head back and howls, "The enemies of Lord Drogor shall drown as the sharks tear them apart limb from limb, and their blood shall feed the lightless depths!"
>
Vormulac asks, "Lord Drogor i am unsure of what you seek of me if any?"
>
You eerily exclaim, "Drogor! Lord of all! Great King of Oceans! We kneel before Thee in supplication! We fight! We live! We die! For thee! One thousand praises to Thy mercy! One thousand praises to Thy wrath!"
>
You say, "The fleshlings continue to do battle with Your children by the temple."
>
You moan.
>
Vormulac asks, "Perhaps he wishes they stop?"
>
You furiously exclaim, "When will they see? When will they learn?!"
>
You say to Vormulac, "Perhaps."
>
You gaze up at the sky.
>
Vormulac asks, "Mayhap try speaking gently with them?"
>
You stand back up.
>
>
>
>
You say, "I will try."

[You] "Do not do battle with the Children of Drogor! Now is a time for supplication. That is how the feasting will cease!"

Vormulac says, "I am sure even Drogor does not wish the world to drown only to show respect."
>
You say, "I was caught up in the bloodwrath."
>
Vormulac nods to you.
>
You say, "So... weak."
>
You gaze down at your hands.
>
Vormulac asks, "Mayhap it is time for peace?"
>
You shake your head.
>
You say, "If He wills it."
>
You say, "This sapphire..."
>
Vormulac says, "I am sure of it he is tired of war i think is what the pulled in many diffrent directions means."
>
With a lazy clatter of shark's teeth, the strands comes to a momentary halt.
>
You say, "Perhaps you are not far from the truth."
>
>
Vormulac says, "He wants peace but is confronted by lack of respect and therefore sends his minions."

Your mind hears Munchausen thinking, "{faintly}" "The jurisdiction of Ratha would do well to skin all of those sea monsters, and move directly to the cultists afterwards"

You say to Vormulac, "There must be a reason He sent His children to Ratha."
>
Vormulac asks, "Have you tried asking a shark to show you the way to the trouble?"
>
You gaze at Vormulac.
>
You ruefully say to Vormulac, "I have not."
>
Vormulac says, "They are very inteligent creatures."
>
Vormulac says, "Despite the many teeth."
>
Vormulac smiles.
>
You say, "They are. Beautiful, wise..."
>
You say, "Awe-inspiring hunters."
>
You longingly say, "Perfect."
>
You ask, "But where are they now?"
>
You glance back and forth, your tail swaying forlornly.
>
Vormulac asks, "Mayhap we talk a walk take a look around?"
>
You nod.
>
Vormulac scans the area briefly.
>
You say, "On the third tier... perhaps."
>
You add Vormulac to your group.
>
You bow in reverence to a small shrine.
>
You limp south.

[They search the first, second, and third tiers. No sharks or eels anywhere. Many people are still within Eluned's temple. The two Clerics return to Drogor's altar on the first tier.]

A commotion can be heard as guards help frightened citizens back to their homes and secure healers for the wounded.
>
>
>
You throw your head back and howl, "The enemies of Lord Drogor shall drown as the sharks tear them apart limb from limb, and their blood shall feed the lightless depths!"

You feel that the dark gods have cracked a bleak smile of good favor at your attempts to please them.
>
You begin to mope around, feeling very sorry for yourself.
>
Vormulac asks, "Why misserable?"
>
You say, "I have failed."
>
Vormulac asks, "Why do you think ye have failed?"
>
You say, "I am unworthy."
>
You gaze down at your hands.
>
Vormulac says, "Drogor's minnion's have returned safely to the sea and peace is apon us."
K>
Vormulac says, "We have just to find out what exactly they did and fix it."
>
You say, "I have dreamed of this day returning... and in the end, I could do nothing."
>
Vormulac says, "Mayhap you did more then you think."
>
You say, "I was such a fool."
>
You say, "But there is naught to be gained by wallowing in my sorrow. As you say."
>
You say, "We must fix what is wrong."
>
You wryly say, "The lesson continues."
>
You say to Vormulac, "I will stay here. On the Islands."
>
Vormulac says, "Mayhap."
>
You say, "If the Children return, I will find the source of His discontent."
>
Vormulac nods.
>
Vormulac says, "Think outside the box find the sorce of displeasure and seek to right it."
>
You say, "Yes, of course."
>
Vormulac says, "There have been less and less folks traveling the sea's with these moonmages transporting folks around."
>
You gaze at Vormulac.
>
You nod.
>
Vormulac says, "I will take the long boat back and meditate on the sea."
>
Vormulac says, "Mahaps i can figure out what has angered him."

Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "Looks like meby Drogor called the invasion in."

You say to Vormulac, "As will I."
>
Vormulac waves.
>
You say, "Drogor grant us mercy."

Your mind hears Kintalia thinking, "farewell Ratha, it's been a lot more violent than I remember it being"

A seagull soars overhead, the breeze from its wings sending a strand of shark's teeth clattering against each other.
>
Vormulac offers a prayer to Eluned for safe journeys.
>
Temple Guard Vormulac goes south.

Your mind hears Zaqek thinking, "{faintly}" "You clearly visit the wrong parts of Ratha normally"
Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "thanks for you help kintalia"
Your mind hears Sophrona thinking, "{faintly}" "Thanks too, Collards"
Your mind hears Kintalia thinking, "glad to have been of service to the citizens of Ratha during your time of need"
Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "Glad yer were out here, m'lady. It surely has been an adventure, for sure."
Your mind hears Yanbelev thinking, "Any clerics still in Ratha?"
Your mind hears Rmel thinking, "stormrider not around anymore"

You sit down near a small shrine.
>
The rain stops, leaving only an overcast sky.
Re: Drogorian Invasion! (10/08/2016) 10/14/2016 04:55 AM CDT
That was great.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.