Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/05/2016 06:10 PM CDT
This invasion was the most fun i've had in a long time. The vision giving vague warning before, the ramp up from ribbon adders to Crossing owning banshees was great. The ice statue mechanics and the special attacks mixed between spirit and vitality made this a frenetic chaotic mess. Thanks!

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/06/2016 05:31 AM CDT
I think I came in near the end, but I found it to be interesting and enjoyable as well. The only thing that bothered me is that you just automatically die for attempting to interact with the banshees using certain roleplaying verbs. That makes for neither a good story nor an enjoyable gameplay experience. By all means, let it trigger an actual special attack or something where the creature tries to do something horrible to you in response, but it needs to honor the combat system (skill checks, respecting barriers, not being able to take body parts from zero to destroyed in one hit, etc).

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/06/2016 10:23 AM CDT
Mind posting what verbs those are LAMBL?

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/06/2016 11:05 AM CDT
Well the only one I know of for sure is MOCK. My experience with that doesn't exactly make me want to try out others though. Discouraging attempts to interact with things seems a bit counterproductive for an event.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/06/2016 12:17 PM CDT
>My experience with that doesn't exactly make me want to try out others though.

I see you are not a moon mage. Some of us enjoy dying horribly!

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/06/2016 12:41 PM CDT
Don't moss mey's have a similar (but non-fatal) thing with flirt?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/08/2016 10:01 PM CDT

I mean.. if its come to kill you and you mock it i would severely imagine it would just stop what its doing just to kill you. Try kicking a dog to see if it bites or not! :P

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/09/2016 07:49 AM CDT
<<I mean.. if its come to kill you and you mock it i would severely imagine it would just stop what its doing just to kill you.>>

There's a key word you're missing in there: try. It could very well stop what it's doing just to try to kill you. It shouldn't suddenly get infinitely better at succeeding (literally) just because you tried to call it names. A sufficiently witty player could achieve the same thing with the SAY verb and not suffer the same fate; the whole thing's just terribly jarring.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Asketian Invasion of Crossing 10/5/16 10/10/2016 10:23 PM CDT
*votes for news reading / audio log of events*

This just in!