Automated Invasion Creature Counts 09/25/2016 11:26 AM CDT
It look like the creature numbers in the NPC-generated invasions don't follow the modern creature numbering scheme where the first one to arrive remains number one, and so on. With the incredibly enormous number of creatures that these things spew out, there's constantly dozens of creatures moving in and out of each room and it's pretty much impossible to target a specific creature since its identification number is constantly changing. This is compounded with the rock guardians in particular, since they all use the same noun. Is there any chance this could be updated to behave like normal creature numbering does these days?

On the subject of the number of creatures that are there in the first place, it seems like it would be better if it could be somehow related to the number of people participating. There doesn't need to be 26 creatures in each of 12 rooms when there's two people participating. It just makes for unplayable levels of screen scroll as they constantly move from room to room because there's nobody for them to engage. Creatures continue to spawn throughout the invasion anyway, so there's no need to flood them out like that.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Automated Invasion Creature Counts 09/25/2016 01:32 PM CDT
I don't know how to make them number better during the invasion. Just a limitation of my own knowledge currently.

Trying to get a sense of "who is participating" is beyond the capabilities of the game engine. Just searching a few rooms around you "Warhorns, HUNT" for players is pushing it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes