Wyverns how I love thee 01/11/2014 05:14 PM CST
Wyverns are lots of fun. I love how they have so many weapons at their disposal and take advantage of moongates. I can barely use debilitation and tactics against them but it's fun ganging up with 3 or 4 people that otherwise can't touch them and eventually bring one down. Dealing with poison and fire management makes the fight a lot more interesting. Whatever parties are responsible for the deadly wyvern, kudos!
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/11/2014 06:57 PM CST

I look forward to the hunting area (please let it be soon)
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/12/2014 08:56 AM CST
Agree with everything said x infinity

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 01:46 AM CST
So I crushed up this skinned wyvern wing into a powder and then threw it into the air.
But I got a weird syntax and it didn't return me to the last town I visited.

Help?

also the only thing the wings do is poke me in the eye.
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 09:35 AM CST
This:

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, an adult wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at Ceany. Ceany attempts to dodge, moving directly into the blow. The bite lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that impales the left wrist, wrenching the hand free with a twist of the bite! An adult wyvern flares its gigantic leathery-black wings and emits a deafening bellow, lunging forward and slamming its enormous hind claw over Ceany's body with a earth-trembling impact!

Slowly lowering its immense head over Ceany's corpse with a throaty snarl, it rends a few select pieces of bloody flesh from the lifeless corpse, and carefully gobbles them down with several precise snaps of its enormous maw. Blood-laced saliva oozes to the ground from between its enormous fangs.

* Ceany was just struck down!
* Ceany is slain before your eyes!

and This:

A bone wyvern lurches forward and buries its talons deep into the earth, unfurling its enormous rotting wings over its mammoth skeletal form. With a powerful blast of icy wind, the undead bone wyvern leaps to the heavens and soars high overhead, circling the area with a ghostly wail.

>
A bone wyvern swoops at you suddenly, trying to pick you up in its razor-sharp talons!
You are suddenly snatched up by the bone wyvern's razor-sharp talons, and it flies to a dizzying height! The creature's intent becomes clear as it simply lets you go. You suddenly find yourself in freefall, plummeting toward the earth.
Unfortunately as your athletics is low, you don't manage to find a way to slow your fall at all.
You land hard on the ground with a WHUMPH. Several of your ribs shatter in your chest, and you feel the bones in your legs break in the fall.
[You're very beat up, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]

Good times.

Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 12:34 PM CST
<A bone wyvern swoops at you suddenly, trying to pick you up in its razor-sharp talons!
You are suddenly snatched up by the bone wyvern's razor-sharp talons, and it flies to a dizzying height! The creature's intent becomes clear as it simply lets you go. You suddenly find yourself in freefall, plummeting toward the earth.
Unfortunately as your athletics is low, you don't manage to find a way to slow your fall at all.
You land hard on the ground with a WHUMPH. Several of your ribs shatter in your chest, and you feel the bones in your legs break in the fall.
[You're very beat up, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]>

This is why you need wings. (Or a cloak, but really a cloak? How dull.)

~GM Kaarina~
Wedding Lead
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 12:37 PM CST
> This is why you need wings. (Or a cloak, but really a cloak? How dull.)

How about an umbrella for the Mary Poppins defense?
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 12:52 PM CST
but I had wings, and a longcoat.

300 athletics?

Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 01:25 PM CST
>but I had wings

Were they open?

Always remember to do a "dummy check" before you go out and play with the flying snakes.

You are Kasto del'Fawkraste, a Rakash.
Your face is a smooth, glossy grey. Your bottle-nosed snout is full of tiny sharp teeth, and a fine mist of salt-tinged air sprays from a hole in the back of your head as you breathe.
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 03:38 PM CST
>>but I had wings, and a longcoat.

>>300 athletics?

>>Unfortunately as your athletics is low, you don't manage to find a way to slow your fall at all.

You failed the athletics test to use the wings against the bone wyvern's attempt to drop you to your squishy death/dismemberment/paste-like new existence. You can't expect go-go-Gadget results until you have go-go-Gadget skills to back it up!

;)

-Persida
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 03:51 PM CST
Dumb question but can players land safely if they have X athletics (and the proper RNG love needed) but no cloak/wings/billowy-pantaloons/etc?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Wyverns how I love thee 01/15/2014 10:02 PM CST
Since this requires an athletics check does it also train athletics?