A Letter to K'Constanze 02/17/2019 10:48 PM CST

Marssi sits at her desk, and gives a final look at the letter in her hand, counting under her breath. “Fifty one signatures! I wasn’t expecting that.”

Rifkinn smiles at her from across the room, “I think you mean fifty two. You keep forgetting to count your own name. That’s fantastic!”

Marssi bites her lower lip, and shrugs. “Who knows if it will even be acknowledged? All of these people...I hope I don’t let them down if I don’t get some sort of result.”

Rifkinn smiles encouragingly at Marssi, telling her, “Don’t worry about that. You’re doing the greater good for the fight. Just get it sent out already. This is the first step.”

Marssi flashes Rifkinn a grateful smile, and exhales. “Do you think you can call Frank to deliver this letter? I think it would be better if it were delivered to the Empath guild instead of just me shoving it at her.”

Rifkinn raises his eyebrow, and replies, ”Are you actually hoping that the letter gets lost? Due to the seriousness of it, I think that you might consider someone more…. artful. You know Allowan, that halfling that never smiles, and seems to always be half hidden in the shadows? I use him when I want to ensure that things get to where they need to be.”

Marssi agrees, “Allowan it is.” Rifkinn closes his eyes and concentrates, and after a few moments, the shadowy halfling slips quietly in through the door. Rifkinn hands over the letter, and the instructions, A indiscreet nod is exchanged, then Allowan slips out the door. Almost before Marssi can begin to worry, A thoughtful expression comes across Rifkinn’s face. He grins knowling to himself then looks over to Marssi and tells her that Allowan sent word that the letter was delivered without incident.

The letter reads,

<Dear K'Constanze,

<I hope that this letter finds you well.

<I am writing about a situation that seems to becoming more and more common. As I'm sure you're aware, our guild in the Crossing is known to attract a good deal of attention from nefarious sorts. While many adventurers seek healing within our guildhall, others come to relax and perhaps listen to a class. It is one of the spots to which people are drawn when they wish to socialize.

<Unfortunately, there are many that like nothing more than to cause havoc and sorrow to as large of a group as possible. Those in the empath guild have become targets for these people. I do appreciate you coming out to chase away those necromancers when you sense they are in the guild, as do other empaths. However, there have been numerous times when a necromancer sneaks in, and drops a glass orb to create a construct. This happened just the other day, and I believe the final body count was 6. I’m not sure how many were injured, but not killed.

<There has been some talk about hiring paladins to come and protect our guildhall. While it may be a good thing to have some extra protection for all, finding enough paladins willing to take a shift to have the guild protected at all times might be difficult. Also, some wondered how fair it was to have to pay for this protection from outside the guild.

<There was talk about the moon mage guild, and how they mobilized their Y'Shai warriors when their guild had trouble. It led to the question of perhaps having some alfar in the guild to help protect those within. The constructs which are left behind can be huge. Not all empaths choose to take up weapons, so there are times when they have no choice but to flee their guild, or look for help. Some of those who are new to the guild are getting pretty scared to hang around. I’m all for empaths getting out into the field, but they shouldn’t be forced out by such profane means!

<There was also talk about a ward to prevent violence inside the guild. Some would be willing to use their mana to power such a ward, if that would be a possibility. We understand that this might be expensive, but are trying to explore options.

<We would very much like to meet with you, and discuss ideas about such protections with you, if you would be willing. We would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
I hope this is not taken in a disrespectful manner, for your help is greatly appreciated. I’m also not writing for all empaths, since there is at least one that would prefer the guild be burned, along with any unable to defend themselves. I do think that the majority would rather that not happen, and may support our suggestion.

<Thank you for your time, and consideration. I do hope to hear from you.

<By my hand,

<Marssi Talmuron

Beneath Marssi’s signature are a large number of other names, divided into three sections. The first section consists of 26 empaths who agree with the contents of the letter. Next are 25 signatures from those in other guilds who wish to show their support. Finally, 3 signatures of members of the Holy Inquisition show that the letter has their support as well.

(OOC: I do have the list of names, but I chose not to publish them on the forums to avoid it being turned into some sort of OOC Hit List. Not that something like that would happen here, of course!)